If I Can Only Afford Like Two Tests

yerrag

Haha I was going to say something almost identical to this...

If you can only afford two tests, and you find out you're hypothyroid, you won't have any money for thyroid medication. Might as well just get some cynoplus with the money and see if it helps.
Let's say you could use ingesting a thyroid supplement to tell the state of your thyroid, what would be the signs to look for after you took cynoplus?

What signs should you look for if you're indeed hypothyroid? And if your thyroid is normal? And if you're hypothyroid?

Incidentally, from Heart and hormones:

Measuring the speed of relaxation of the Achilles tendon reflex twitch is a traditional method for judging thyroid function, because in hypothyroidism the relaxation is visibly delayed. This same retardation can be seen in the electrocardiogram, as a prolonged QT interval, which is associated with arrhythmia and sudden death. Insomnia, mania, and asthma are other conditions in which defective relaxation is seen, under the influence of low thyroid function, and an insufficiently opposed influence of estrogen.

@Nestito I still think you ought to consider these two tests. All of us are used to getting blood test values as we're very oriented towards using quantitative measures. The Achilles tendon reflex is a qualitative measure, but just as useful. Learning it is the tricky part though, even if it isn't too difficult to learn once you focus on it. The ECG test - you can get ECG readouts that give you the QTc. I just don't know how much ECG costs in the US, but you just have to ask first if the QTc values come with the ECG, as computing it manually isn't as easy but again focus and you can learn to compute it.

OP
Nestito

Nestito

thanks for the help everyone. I got some nutrimeds on the way, I'm just gonna do the cholesterol (so I know I have something to work with) and tsh (I know it's arbitrary) as starters and start supplementing really slowly and up.

my basal armpit temps have been 97.4 with lots of morning fatigue. I know I'm relying on cigs for energy and bowel movements, hoping thyroid will get me off of them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals