If Calcification Is The Root Of Hair Loss - How To Reverse It? (Magnesium , D, A, K2, Potassium)

CoolTweetPete

Magnesium will be critical to removing the calcium. I think a few daily applications of magnesium oil, brushed into the scalp has been helpful for me. It certainly seems to help the quality of the existing hair.

Elephanto

Interesting.
So using these supplements intelligently do you think is the key to reversing hairloss?

Yeah but not supps alone. Check the Cause of Baldness thread page 12 I think, I made a long post + linked the bodybuilding.com guide which has many good supps with the dosages. There are physical actions that should be done, like rinsing your scalp with Apple Cider Vinegar and let it dry over night, scalp massaging (there was a chinese study where it actually reversed it significantly, it's called detumescense and some practicians have started to charge for it), doing headstands, focusing on constant slow breathing (short inhalation, long and controlled exhalation) and bag breathing a few times a day especially if you felt like you weren't breathing properly. Also doing 20 mins of moderate cardio daily wouldn't hurt. All those supps + actions done very consistently for months. Like if I wanted to put all the luck on my side, I would take high dose calcifying supps (internally) before rinsing with ACV, thus creating the perfect environment for decalcification (so like 1500mg Mag Citrate or 2g+ MSM, and some K2, Boron with a bit of olive oil for absorption) and once rinsed, I often spent 20 mins scalp massaging. I know that the bb.com guide's guy also applied Boron and Niacinamide on bald areas after the ACV rinsing, I've done it often too but still continued to progress when I stopped (mainly to save money and I didn't know if it actually did something).

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

Yeah but not supps alone. Check the Cause of Baldness thread page 12 I think, I made a long post + linked the bodybuilding.com guide which has many good supps with the dosages. There are physical actions that should be done, like rinsing your scalp with Apple Cider Vinegar and let it dry over night, scalp massaging (there was a chinese study where it actually reversed it significantly, it's called detumescense and some practicians have started to charge for it), doing headstands, focusing on constant slow breathing (short inhalation, long and controlled exhalation) and bag breathing a few times a day especially if you felt like you weren't breathing properly. Also doing 20 mins of moderate cardio daily wouldn't hurt. All those supps + actions done very consistently for months. Like if I wanted to put all the luck on my side, I would take high dose calcifying supps (internally) before rinsing with ACV, thus creating the perfect environment for decalcification (so like 1500mg Mag Citrate or 2g+ MSM, and some K2, Boron with a bit of olive oil for absorption) and once rinsed, I often spent 20 mins scalp massaging. I know that the bb.com guide's guy also applied Boron and Niacinamide on bald areas after the ACV rinsing, I've done it often too but still continued to progress when I stopped (mainly to save money and I didn't know if it actually did something).

You do all this? Any success ? Regrowth ?

Elephanto

You do all this? Any success ? Regrowth ?
Yes I've done this for like 2 years but at least 6+ months very consistently. I stopped when I was satisfied, I guess I'm like Norwood 1 or 0.5 now. Mainly because my hair looks so thick and healthy so I have the look that I want. Plus I always kept my hair long-ish, you could only tell I don't have a perfect hairline if I had a buzzcut. I think that being consistent on scalp massaging/detumescence could potentially completely restore the hairline but I don't really care, it's a lot of job (usually 2 x 20 mins a day is recommended). Nowadays I take these supps in general health doses and inconsistently (more focused on testosterone and mental clarity), plus still do the ACV rinsing once a week. Another thing that isn't regrowth-inducing (it might actually help but not part of my former stack at least) but gives luscious and thick looks to hair is silica from bell peppers and the occasional beer or oats. The supplemental form is adviced to avoid by Peat, plus you don't want too much (excess silica in soils has been linked to cancer types).

@CoolTweetPete It could be good but the times I tried it I found it pretty harsh and worsened hair looks, obviously from the chloride part. You'd probably get just as good results from taking Magnesium internally and rinsing with ACV. Seems like the chloride part would hurt the hair follicles, you can find testimonies of people getting better hair texture (especially noticeable with long hair) after installing a shower filter and the chloride in tap water is vastly less concentrated than Mag Oil. Still, people should note it if other less-harsh methods don't work.

Elephanto

Also the main reason I think that explains why you don't have to keep taking supps indefinitely to keep your gains is that it changes your skull structure. My face used to be narrow, and it became wider with mainly K2, Boron (has a study where it specifically widened bones), increasing Testosterone and proper breathing (CO2 inducing bone formation as shown). It used to be unnatural to have proper tongue posture (mewing) and harder to breath through the nose, and chances are that anyone who doesn't mew instinctively is because of their current facial structure. But starting to mew and chewing hard gum will induce changes on their own. That's why you sometimes see men who look like primates and wreck their health for decades with heavy drugs and alcohol but still have a perfect hairline. The improper skull structure is the allowing factor, where the narrow structure requires perfect blood circulation, the absence of excessive keratinocytes, absence of skull growth without widening, absence of calcium loss taken up by soft tissues etc to not start having areas where blood doesn't flow properly like the temples. It's hard to describe, you can have a big head and still not have the optimal ratios. Correcting it also makes you more attractive to women, I think it's subconsciously seen as a sign of biological inadequacy.

baccheion

Also the main reason I think that explains why you don't have to keep taking supps indefinitely to keep your gains is that it changes your skull structure. My face used to be narrow, and it became wider with mainly K2, Boron (has a study where it specifically widened bones), increasing Testosterone and proper breathing (CO2 inducing bone formation as shown). It used to be unnatural to have proper tongue posture (mewing) and harder to breath through the nose, and chances are that anyone who doesn't mew instinctively is because of their current facial structure. But starting to mew and chewing hard gum will induce changes on their own. That's why you sometimes see men who look like primates and wreck their health for decades with heavy drugs and alcohol but still have a perfect hairline. The improper skull structure is the allowing factor, where the narrow structure requires perfect blood circulation, the absence of excessive keratinocytes, absence of skull growth without widening, absence of calcium loss taken up by soft tissues etc to not start having areas where blood doesn't flow properly like the temples. It's hard to describe, you can have a big head and still not have the optimal ratios. Correcting it also makes you more attractive to women, I think it's subconsciously seen as a sign of biological inadequacy.
What widened your face, what doses, and how long did it take?

Elephanto

What widened your face, what doses, and how long did it take?

Hard gum (mastic) probably has the quickest effect, doing it 3 hours every day makes a visible difference in only a few days. That said I've started doing it this year, long after achieving the bulk of my results but I feel more protected, like if I drank, took things that raise Nitric Oxide or stressed I would wake up with more hairs on my pillow or I had to be more consistent with my supps to keep gains but not anymore. It also makes mewing more natural. Testosterone is an obvious factor, those "primates" I talk about obviously look high test and it would explain why women have narrow faces but are more protected from hair loss by progesterone antagonizing estrogen and their smaller skulls independently of width ratios. So any supp and actions that will raise testosterone and avoiding anything that is anti-androgenic.

It's hard to say the time for the other stuff, back in the regrowth process I prefered not to examine myself often and just having faith that it would work over time. But then I would see my reflection and notice that I have less of a "long face" that makes you have a constant frown when the face is relaxed.

Boron, I've taken between 3mg to 9mg. In some studies it has increased estrogen while in others reduced it (in young athletes for instance). The mechanism is that is lowers SHBG, freeing up more testosterone and when your hormonal state is bad will convert more to aromatase (like stress, ejaculation, alcohol, cannabis etc trigger aromatase). So one should be careful, take it with anti-estrogenic supps and avoid the things I've mentioned. Estrogen receptors are increased several days after an ejaculation. Just don't take it when you know you'll raise estrogen and pick it back up later.

K2 I took doses of 0.5mg to 5mg.

CoolTweetPete

Yes I've done this for like 2 years but at least 6+ months very consistently. I stopped when I was satisfied, I guess I'm like Norwood 1 or 0.5 now. Mainly because my hair looks so thick and healthy so I have the look that I want. Plus I always kept my hair long-ish, you could only tell I don't have a perfect hairline if I had a buzzcut. I think that being consistent on scalp massaging/detumescence could potentially completely restore the hairline but I don't really care, it's a lot of job (usually 2 x 20 mins a day is recommended). Nowadays I take these supps in general health doses and inconsistently (more focused on testosterone and mental clarity), plus still do the ACV rinsing once a week. Another thing that isn't regrowth-inducing (it might actually help but not part of my former stack at least) but gives luscious and thick looks to hair is silica from bell peppers and the occasional beer or oats. The supplemental form is adviced to avoid by Peat, plus you don't want too much (excess silica in soils has been linked to cancer types).

@CoolTweetPete It could be good but the times I tried it I found it pretty harsh and worsened hair looks, obviously from the chloride part. You'd probably get just as good results from taking Magnesium internally and rinsing with ACV. Seems like the chloride part would hurt the hair follicles, you can find testimonies of people getting better hair texture (especially noticeable with long hair) after installing a shower filter and the chloride in tap water is vastly less concentrated than Mag Oil. Still, people should note it if other less-harsh methods don't work.

That’s interesting. I never questioned the chloride but I did notice when I was using MagOil more often and not applying my homemade Solban alongside there was a decrease in quality. Makes sense.

Arrade

Hard gum (mastic) probably has the quickest effect, doing it 3 hours every day makes a visible difference in only a few days. That said I've started doing it this year, long after achieving the bulk of my results but I feel more protected, like if I drank, took things that raise Nitric Oxide or stressed I would wake up with more hairs on my pillow or I had to be more consistent with my supps to keep gains but not anymore. It also makes mewing more natural. Testosterone is an obvious factor, those "primates" I talk about obviously look high test and it would explain why women have narrow faces but are more protected from hair loss by progesterone antagonizing estrogen and their smaller skulls independently of width ratios. So any supp and actions that will raise testosterone and avoiding anything that is anti-androgenic.

It's hard to say the time for the other stuff, back in the regrowth process I prefered not to examine myself often and just having faith that it would work over time. But then I would see my reflection and notice that I have less of a "long face" that makes you have a constant frown when the face is relaxed.

Boron, I've taken between 3mg to 9mg. In some studies it has increased estrogen while in others reduced it (in young athletes for instance). The mechanism is that is lowers SHBG, freeing up more testosterone and when your hormonal state is bad will convert more to aromatase (like stress, ejaculation, alcohol, cannabis etc trigger aromatase). So one should be careful, take it with anti-estrogenic supps and avoid the things I've mentioned. Estrogen receptors are increased several days after an ejaculation. Just don't take it when you know you'll raise estrogen and pick it back up later.

K2 I took doses of 0.5mg to 5mg.
Doesn’t fap raise DHT as well, and lower cortisol?
I’ve never experienced estrogen thru that

Arrade

Also you wouldn’t happen to have any photos :smug

Elephanto

@Arrade If it lowers cortisol, it only does temporarily because ejaculating potently triggers prolactin which inhibits dopamine and increases estrogen so inducing a cortisol-increasing cascade. And androgen receptors also decrease for a few days after ejaculation so even if the act of masturbating increases DHT (I find it true, sometimes I edged without ejaculation for several hours and noticed I had a rough look, increased sebum and thicker beard hairs) it has an anti-androgenic effect after. Even edging leaves you depleted in dopamine though.

I never took any pics so you couldn't get a before/after and I don't even have a cellphone or anything to take pictures where I live. I wish the pics on the bb.com guide didn't 404, I basically followed the same protocol (minus the fish oil) and it was good proof. If you read the whole thread another guy had posted pics with complete regrowth, who I had contacted and he also did scalp massaging, headstands and all of his meals were white rice+coconut oil.

Elephanto

Here's the study that proved scalp massaging/detumescence for inducing regrowth.
Detumescence Therapy of Human Scalp for Natural Hair Regrowth

aa.png

That's pretty amazing results considering the extent of the patient's hair loss. I never had any vertex hair loss, I guess at my worst I was NW 2.5 and my hairline is a bit worse at the temples than the final result shown here but like I said I stopped when I was satisfied. I often do this when I "solve" something, I stop because I know that it works and I can just pick it back up whenever I feel like.

I don't remember if it's explained properly in the study but basically the scalp massage is done by using your two thumbs facing each other and applying pressure while moving them toward each other to create a pinching. Both pressing and pinching. You will feel that it's hardened/calcified and that it gets softer the more you do it.

Last edited:

CoolTweetPete

I can fully attest to massage's effectiveness. I have coupled this with some related techniques I discussed in this thread I posted yesterday,

A full approach is, of course, more systemic than just massaging the scalp. The entire region of the skull, face, neck, and shoulders can benefit from massage, improving blood flow along the entire circulatory region. I posted a photo of the circulatory system around the skull in the thread I linked to.

It only makes sense that once energy and metabolism are working, continued health problems could be traced back to structure and related function. I think tissue integrity is the "structure" part when Dr. Peat refers to "the interdependence of energy and structure at every level".

CoolTweetPete

One could always join the Hair Club for Men!! :D

A good scientist does not give up on a hypothesis, he simply revises it and tests again. :D

baccheion

I can fully attest to massage's effectiveness. I have coupled this with some related techniques I discussed in this thread I posted yesterday,

A full approach is, of course, more systemic than just massaging the scalp. The entire region of the skull, face, neck, and shoulders can benefit from massage, improving blood flow along the entire circulatory region. I posted a photo of the circulatory system around the skull in the thread I linked to.

It only makes sense that once energy and metabolism are working, continued health problems could be traced back to structure and related function. I think tissue integrity is the "structure" part when Dr. Peat refers to "the interdependence of energy and structure at every level".
It may be even better if MSM lotion is massaged in. And/or magnesium oil (spray).

CoolTweetPete

It may be even better if MSM lotion is massaged in. And/or magnesium oil (spray).

Yes this is commonly a technique I use. I am assuming the magnesium will assist. A stiff boar bristle brush provides a different type of stimulus that seems to make my hair much easier to manage and neater now. It may be worth the $15 investment.

Elephanto

Yeah I'm thinking the asian patients for who it worked the most might have had a nutrient-poor diet of ramen and fried food when young and started eating natto (so K2 + nattokinase) and "healthy" later. They also eat a lot of Iodine, which is in the bb.com guide where there was full regrowth, so the systemic approach isn't usually sufficient on its own but the scalp massaging might have worked so well because they were already taking care of the systemic side.

Arrade

Yeah I'm thinking the asian patients for who it worked the most might have had a nutrient-poor diet of ramen and fried food when young and started eating natto (so K2 + nattokinase) and "healthy" later. They also eat a lot of Iodine, which is in the bb.com guide where there was full regrowth, so the systemic approach isn't usually sufficient on its own but the scalp massaging might have worked so well because they were already taking care of the systemic side.
Interesting... iodine probably makes them far less hypothyroid while the natto keeps their arteries healthy. Their seafood diet probably includes a lot of zinc as well.
I have nattokinase which is strictly the powdered enzyme, it breaks down fibroids and lowers blood pressure

JDreamer

@Arrade If it lowers cortisol, it only does temporarily because ejaculating potently triggers prolactin which inhibits dopamine and increases estrogen so inducing a cortisol-increasing cascade. And androgen receptors also decrease for a few days after ejaculation so even if the act of masturbating increases DHT (I find it true, sometimes I edged without ejaculation for several hours and noticed I had a rough look, increased sebum and thicker beard hairs) it has an anti-androgenic effect after. Even edging leaves you depleted in dopamine though.

I never took any pics so you couldn't get a before/after and I don't even have a cellphone or anything to take pictures where I live. I wish the pics on the bb.com guide didn't 404, I basically followed the same protocol (minus the fish oil) and it was good proof. If you read the whole thread another guy had posted pics with complete regrowth, who I had contacted and he also did scalp massaging, headstands and all of his meals were white rice+coconut oil.

Would you be able to elaborate more on the masturbation aspect - particularly if it's done excessively (especially in the younger years) and its effects systemically along with what it would deplete.

For example, would one find themselves in a state of chronically low dopamine?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals