If Calcification Is The Root Of Hair Loss - How To Reverse It? (Magnesium , D, A, K2, Potassium)

Elephanto

When you say "countered" do you mean having to use all supplements you list or just one in particular?

Say for example if we're increasing NO via Taurine, K2, or Molybdenum - do we have to use Mag, Zinc, Baking Soda, etc. etc. or just one of them? Mind you this can become quite the expensive thing keeping up with all supplements. I remember reading that post a long time ago on the bodybuilding.com site where the guy grew his hair back with all these supplements and more. Part of me feels like it worked because he flooded his system so hard it had no choice but to grow it back. He also probably figured out the correct dosages for "his" body. That's the toughest part.

By the way, I forgot to mention the other day that my skin feels so much better now on this regimen. It's back to being warm and smooth. Before it was always kind of thickened and sometimes almost sticky (not sure if that's the best way to describe).

Yes my stack is based on the bb.com guide after removing the toxic ones, apparently the guy lost his progress later on which could have been explained in long-term by supps like high dose Fish Oil, high dose Iodine, Liver Powder (very high in Heme Iron and an ineffective source of B vitamins anyway since it is dehydrated and they are water-soluble), Green Tea Extract (anti-androgenic and maybe estrogenic at this dose), inefficient Selenium source with Brazil Nuts (also high in O6 and mycotoxins), too much B6, too much/too long Chromium (which is a metalloestrogen) and long-term Copper deficiency from Molybdenum. Basically he took everything that he could find positive testimonies about or made sense theoretically, but it seems apparent that he didn't know what he was doing. Some things should only be used temporarily, others in lower doses. On the other hand, the fact that he used some of them in high doses like Mag Citrate made it more effective in my opinion. I also think that using many supps was a key in my regrowth to significantly shift the hormonal state, but it may depend on individuals and things like minimizing O6, Daily Cardio, Breathing Techniques and mental stress reduction, Iron reduction, Sun exposure, other Serotonin reduction strategies (avoiding darkness, using blue light blocking glasses, reducing protein intake to limit Tryptophan intake and it also limits Arginine (NO) and anti-thyroid amino acids), reducing ejaculation frequency, the mechanical actions (topical ACV, scalp massaging) will reduce the need for supps. In my case, the temporary Molybdenum, Coconut Oil, Baking Soda protocols and resplenishment in Zinc I feel has offered the most long-term protection where other supps are less needed (as far as preventing further recession, regrowth may require the decalcifying ones like high dose Mag Citrate and Taurine/MSM for a while). For any issue or challenge I face, I always take the path of putting all the luck on my side so I'll never know if some strategies were unnecessary. About countering, it's hard to say if only one NO inhibiting agent is enough, keep in mind that it's not their only protective effect on hair and each addresses different factors. It was expensive at first but I learned that some doses can be lowered after a while, often it's also useless to take everything every day.

Last edited:

Elephanto

Are there any systemic side effects from using Nizoral for long periods of time?
Possibly because it is anti-androgenic and at least a portion will be asborbed systematically. I've never used it more than twice a week and in very small amounts (about a dime size). Topical ACV also helps remove sebum so you don't have to rely exclusively on Nizoral.

JDreamer

Yes my stack is based on the bb.com guide after removing the toxic ones, apparently the guy lost his progress later on which could have been explained in long-term by supps like high dose Fish Oil, high dose Iodine, Liver Powder (very high in Heme Iron and an ineffective source of B vitamins anyway since it is dehydrated and they are water-soluble), Green Tea Extract (anti-androgenic and maybe estrogenic at this dose), inefficient Selenium source with Brazil Nuts (also high in O6 and mycotoxins), too much B6, too much/too long Chromium (which is a metalloestrogen) and long-term Copper deficiency from Molybdenum. Basically he took everything that he could find positive testimonies about or made sense theoretically, but it seems apparent that he didn't know what he was doing. Some things should only be used temporarily, others in lower doses. On the other hand, the fact that he used some of them in high doses like Mag Citrate made it more effective in my opinion. I also think that using many supps was a key in my regrowth to significantly shift the hormonal state, but it may depend on individuals and things like minimizing O6, Daily Cardio, Breathing Techniques and mental stress reduction, Iron reduction, Sun exposure, other Serotonin reduction strategies (avoiding darkness, using blue light blocking glasses, reducing protein intake to limit Tryptophan intake and it also limits Arginine (NO) and anti-thyroid amino acids), reducing ejaculation frequency, the mechanical actions (topical ACV, scalp massaging) will reduce the need for supps. In my case, the temporary Molybdenum, Coconut Oil, Baking Soda protocols and resplenishment in Zinc I feel has offered the most long-term protection where other supps are less needed (as far as preventing further recession, regrowth may require the decalcifying ones like high dose Mag Citrate and Taurine/MSM for a while). For any issue or challenge I face, I always take the path of putting all the luck on my side so I'll never know if some strategies were unnecessary. About countering, it's hard to say if only one NO inhibiting agent is enough, keep in mind that it's not their only protective effect on hair and each addresses different factors. It was expensive at first but I learned that some doses can be lowered after a while, often it's also useless to take everything every day.

You don't happen to have a list of the amounts you were taking when you first began do you?

Elephanto

@JDreamer Pretty much the stack and doses I still advice :
Magnesium Citrate (1-2g), Zinc Picolinate (100mg), P-5-P enteric coated (50mg), Selenized Yeast (100mcg), Vitamin K2 (1mg), Vitamin A (5000iu), Vitamin E (250-400iu), Boron (6-15mg), Taurine (1-2g) and/or MSM (1-2g), Niacinamide (500-1500mg), Chromium for a while (250mcg). A bit more than the RDA doses for B1 & B2. A bit of Apple Cider Vinegar orally. Molybdenum (3 x 450mcg) in temporary protocols of a few weeks. Coconut Oil (3-6tbsps) and Baking Soda (4 tsps) for a few months.

I also did 1-2 tsps of Cayenne Pepper daily for several months but stopped. Other things that seemed to help and I still do has been eating organic broccoli at least once a week and organic tomato sauce (Lycopene's anti-estrogenic, anti-endotoxins and antioxidant effects, which intake is negatively correlated with prostate cancer risks), organic bell peppers and occasional oats for Silica.

JDreamer

Was reading up on endotoxins and this caught my eye:

"7. Endotoxin causes blood levels of estrogen to rise. Estrogen pulls albumin and water out of the blood and pushes it into the tissues leading to low blood volume, hyponatremia, edema, increased blood clotting…and more."

Endotoxin...what the hell is that? - East West Healing

@Elephanto do you have any opinion regarding the surrounding tissue of a hair follicle and possible mechanical relationship to hair loss? I know for myself that my face got a lot puffier once my hair loss and diffused thinning started increasing.

Elephanto

@JDreamer
The puffy effect is a sign of chronically high Estrogen and Cortisol (usually both since they promote each other, and Endotoxins also chronically promote Cortisol).

Try to look in the first pages of this thread, I've mentioned the mechanical aspects. The study on scalp detumescense also proves it theoretically :
Detumescence Therapy of Human Scalp for Natural Hair Regrowth

Basically there is excess angiogenesis and keratinocytes proliferation which IGFBP-3 inhibits (which is low in mpb; I've mentioned the factors that downregulate it a few times in this thread), angiogenesis also being promoted by Nitric Oxide and by high IGF-1 that is unrestricted by a lack of IGFBP-3 which has a binding function. These accumulate layers of collagen where blood circulation is impaired and so start to calcify. The genes that promote excess collagen production are increased systematically with liver damage, which Endotoxins promote. Taurine, Zinc and Magnesium (from increasing ATP levels) also have beneficial effects on liver health specifically. CO2 seems to be a protective foundation against most of the parameters that promote tissue calcification. I think there is also a value in the skull shape aspect, where wider skulls help preventing the typical horse shoe pattern of mpb even when the current hormonal state should promote it. So K2, Boron, proper tongue positioning (mewing) and high Testosterone tend to correct the shape even in adult age according to several testimonies.

Last edited:

Elephanto

@PhilParma

Not a fan based on increasing Hydrogen Sulfide, an enhancer of Nitric Oxide. It would generally be expected to see a temporarily promoting effect on hair growth with Nitric Oxide releasing agents due to vasodilatation (Minoxidil for instance which is also mentioned in that study), and this is why they generate interest in research. But it has many detrimental mechanisms that in long-term promote vascular inflammation and calcification and on the opposite side, having used many NO inhibiting agents has been effective for me. You also see positive testimonies with Zinc, MSM and Methylene Blue and each inhibit NO. The crutches like Minoxidil in most testimonies I've seen had only temporary effects with general worsening and acceleration of mpb progression some months later (not that it implies that it was exclusively Minoxidil's fault but it at least didn't tackle the core issues). Since IGFBP-3 is significantly protective against mpb and significantly lower in balding men, and so many substances/conditions that increase NO also downregulate IGFBP-3, we can confidently assume that these men have already higher basal NO than controls, even though an unphyisological excess can paradoxically induce hair growth. Moreover, mpb isn't a problem of hair follicle cycles, which is what Thiosulfate has a beneficial effect on in your study. Men with mpb don't lose hair all over their body, in fact they are sometimes more hairy than average so those rat studies hold little weight unless they find a way to induce an hormonally-based head baldness though it might not be possible with their skull structures.

Hydrogen sulfide, an enhancer of vascular nitric oxide signaling: mechanisms and implications. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5487

declacifmacationizing protips!

mindfulness for c02 - focus on breathing, not on thoughts/feelings / anything that could stress you out

massage/mech therapy to rejuvenate big baldie heads AND relax the muscles around head/neck (curious how many baldies have creaky or cracky necks due to poor flexibility)

sunlight

supplements...mag/k2/zinc and maybe boron and d3 if you live in an igloo

erm...maybe a little weight training, some cardio and a LOT of stretching (hips, spine, hamstrings in particular to improve posture, improve breathing and improve mind/body awareness / core strength and gut health - spinal twisting prevents gakky white ***t on my tongue even if i drink creamy coffee that's been slathered in sugar)

lamb liver has the most pronounced effect on my body out of everything i've tried, short of class A drugs \o/ turns me into a little zen furnace for about 2-3 hours

vinegar on your head should also decalcify the follicles and if nothing else will tenderize your head and reduce sebum, making it easier to firmly massage

anything more advice is appreciated \o/

edit:

sodium bicarb is prob important, too, if onyl for it's c02 and anti inflammatory effects

What causes the white tongue. I have always had this as well. Some people on here say hairloss is directly linked to your gut mcirobiome.

Elephanto

@Nestito Sounds good, pretty much based on scalp detumescence, minimizing stress and optimizing blood circulation with daily cardio/movement as I already recommend, and depending on the water in your area, the shower filter could be a good idea. Things like hard brushing, topical ACV and scalp muscle exercises also work in the same way so they can either replace the typical massage or add to it. His hormonal health didn't look so bad so for some people more strategies may be needed.

Changing subject for this thread, I was reminded of a property of Serotonin in which it also participates to balding in another way than chronically promoting Cortisol and Prolactin and so Estrogen and Parathyroid Hormone, is that it was first discovered as a vasoconstrictor. CO2 generally opposes calcification, vasoconstriction and more specifically Serotonin, so an improper breathing technique (which is often naturally corrected by minimizing stress) can lead to high Serotonin. The anti-endotoxins and gut-protecting strategies, as well as other known anti-Serotonin strategies (reducing Iron, Tryptophan, blue-blocking glasses, red lights, avoiding darkness, limiting mental stress) also help.
Discovered by Rapport et al. in 1948 as a vasoconstrictor (8)

ExD

What causes the white tongue. I have always had this as well. Some people on here say hairloss is directly linked to your gut mcirobiome.

everything is somehow related to the gut. the tongue is basically a reflection of your intestines.

the white tongue is mostly mucus and bacteria from food you eat. in ayurveda it's called ama. it's basically the bodies way of dealing with excessive waste.

if you fast for prolong periods of time, the white tongue will occur for pretty much everyone as the body expels waste in every way it can, through the lungs, skin and mouth.

the tongue SHOULD have a light coating on it, but mine becomes thick enough to scrape off when i drink lots of coffee or junk food and combine it with lots of lying around and laziness. when i'm pumped and relaxed and happy, my tongue doesn't just look different, it feels different. more vitality and sensitivity and "cleaner".

things like carrots, radishes, onions and getting reasonable daily exercise (lifting and cardio and stretching especially for the belly) should keep it in check.

i'm still addicted to coffee unfortunately and i also smoke and use recreational drugs and these things tend to exacerbate the white coating, but it's actually a very good indicator of my general mood and state of stress - for the most part it stays under control so long as i don't go over board. keep active, eat smart and don't over eat (that is, if you eat a lot, spread it out so your stomach isn't being stuffed) and you'll hopefully get it under control. as said, there should be a light white coating, but if it's thick and smelly it's an indication of sluggish digestion and lack of fire in the belly - or to make it peaty, your metabolism isn't ramped enough to deal with what you're putting in your body.

Arrade

Reminder that it may be possible that you just need to lower estrogen,
and then reverse calcification once hormones are in a healthy spot.
Estrogen reduction -> Vit D and K, Magnesium -> reverse of mpb

Would be useful to test your prolactin, cortisol, and estrogen. I would drop coffee

Arrade

Currently since taking levothyroxine my estrogen was very high for weeks and still reducing, absolutley awful.
Without other options I'm adding Vit A, iodine, selenium and E to drop my estro into range as I think that has always been the ignition for my receding

Number 1 I think is getting estrogen to 30 or below (and above 15)

Arrade

Vit K is NO reducing from what I have read:
Nitric Oxide.png

@Elephanto if you have not seen this yet
REGULATION OF NITRIC OXIDE PRODUCTION IN HEALTH AND DISEASE

JDreamer

Reminder that it may be possible that you just need to lower estrogen,
and then reverse calcification once hormones are in a healthy spot.
Estrogen reduction -> Vit D and K, Magnesium -> reverse of mpb

Would be useful to test your prolactin, cortisol, and estrogen. I would drop coffee

What is the best way to get them tested? Blood serum? Saliva? Or is there another way I'm not aware of that is more efficient?

Elephanto

@Arrade
It may be the Vit A that is often taken with K2 too, and a characteristic specific to K2. Like here it has been shown to induce iNOS if it can apply to physiological doses :
In conclusion, VK2 caused NO production through iNOS induction in bovine SMC
Vitamin K2 (menatetrenone) induces iNOS in bovine vascular smooth muscle cells: no relationship between nitric oxide production and gamma-carboxyla... - PubMed - NCBI

Doesn't seem to have a negative effect when Nitric Oxide reducing strategies are used anyway. I would also make sure to get sufficient amounts of the other calcium cofactors you mentioned, Vit A and semi-essential ones like Boron and Silica.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals