If Calcification Is The Root Of Hair Loss - How To Reverse It? (Magnesium , D, A, K2, Potassium)

It helps to eat spicy pepers cayene with capsaicin that deplete Substance P, which is a mast cell activator.

Edit - But dont put peppers on the hair, coz dose dependently inhibits hairgrowth

Elephanto

i've been doing quite a bit of research on ceylon cinnamon lately and tregs/the connection to hair loss. Just started adding it in to my supp stack in addition to many of the supps you recommend @Elephanto .
Good idea, Ceylon Cinnamon works on many pathways. Anti-Endotoxins, Ammonia clearance (less systemic inflammation and toxins from better kidney health, recovery of glutamine synthetase which detoxifies Glutamate and is inhibited in high Ammonia states (decreasing Glutamate which promotes NMDA activation -> calcium influx) and Nitric Oxide inhibition. Niacinamide, B1, Magnesium and Zinc are also effective at restoring kidney health which will result in more elimination of Ammonia. Beyond hair loss, Kidney health/Ammonia clearance is a very interesting avenue to consider for mental clarity optimization.

@xetawaves I've mentioned that daily cardio helped a lot with my recovery. Yes blood circulation and systemic oxygenation matter and they diminish the extent of calcification. This simple daily habit on long-term may have a more important impact than any supp can or at least when the supps are present, the lack of physical activity and inadequate breathing become bottlenecks halting progress.

Last edited:
- Found a new cream that can grow hair like Minoxidil and finasteride? LOL

Seaweed Ecklonia Cava extract inhibits MMP that regulates collagen degradation and formation and

An ecklonia cava enzymatic extract (35% Dieckol) appears to promote hair growth when the solution is applied to rats (0.5% of solution) and in vitro where 0.05% Dieckol promoted proliferation of Dermal Papillae cells by 113.5% of control.[60] This hair promoting effect was abolished when incubated with tolbutamide (an inhibitor of potassium channels), which establishes that Ecklonia Cava has similar mechanisms to Minoxidil.[60]
100ug/mL was able to inhibit 5α-reductase activity by 66.1%, which was not significantly different than Finasteride (despite the latter, at 2nM, inhibiting 94.6% activity) yet isolated Dieckol was found to have similar activity to Finasteride (both inhibiting 95.1% of 5α-reductase activity when Finasteride was at 2nM and Dieckol at 100ug/mL).[60]
Appears to have dual inhibitory potential on 5-alpha reductase enzymes and can also promote hair regrowth with a mechanism similar to Minoxidil (although comparative potency is unknown)

Product - INGREDIENTS ; purified water, potassium hydroxide, glycerin, myristic, stearic acid, lauric acid, dipropylene glycol, cocamidopropyl betaine, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, glycol distearate, Ecklonia cava extract, rice extract, butylene glycol, white willow bark extract, lavender oil, 1,2-hexanediol, caprylyl glycol, lactic acid, citric acid.

- There is coconut oil and aspirin in there LOL
?

Last edited:

JDreamer

@Elephanto

A couple more observations as I get deeper into the regimen:

1. I sweat significantly more when working out.
2. My strength is up big time
3. My stubborn lower ab fat is getting a bit worse.
4. The recession in the front of my scalp is picking up again.

Judging by how much my libido has increased I'm assuming there is a lot more testosterone circulating. Seriously sex is on my mind almost all day. I'm worried the aromatizing has gotten worse. Perhaps you could point me in the direction of how much of the estrogen inhibiting supplements I should be taking.

Last edited:

Elephanto

@JDreamer You should use Nizoral about twice a week in the front to remove sebum, this should help with recession. Having a high libido isn't a sign of estrogen, what would increase your estrogenicity is ejaculating though, if you're still unsure of your hormonal state it's better to limit ejaculation frequency especially when more free Testosterone is available due to Boron's effect on decreasing SHBG. You may spend that excess sexual energy on lifting weights and bodyweight exercices for instance, I find it helps with self-control maybe from the calming effect of Testosterone inhibiting cortisol more acutely. Generally occupying your mind helps too, I wouldn't be surprised if being sexually obssessed increases DHT since even masturbation without ejaculation triggers it (and being high T doesn't imply high DHT since the latter is triggered by chronic stress). According to the original guide, Boron should be taken based on how you feel and personally I've always taken it on and off, never daily for long periods. There are other things you can work on to compensate by raising SHBG (Zinc, Olive Oil 1-2 tsps also anti-estrogenic, Ginger, lower Fructose intake, lipolysis inhibition with Niacinamide which is also anti-estrogenic, Chromium, Manganese sources = wheat germ, sweet potato), general strategies that increase Insulin Sensitivity or support HNF4-Alpha which promotes SHBG (Zinc and Ginger increase HNF4-Alpha and it is also a marker of liver health so Taurine, Milk Thistle and other anti-endotoxins will help raising SHBG). Other anti-estrogenic supps from the stack I think you didn't mention taking are Selenized Yeast, Vit B1 & B2 (about the RDA), Niacinamide, P-5-P. How much Zinc have you been taking? At first 100mg may be needed as even 50mg of Zinc Picolinate has barely affected serum levels in a study (although the diet probably included phytic acid and didn't have P-5-P which increases absorption). Taurine should generally help preventing recession being a decalcifying agent (as well as using higher doses of Mag Citrate) but it also supports liver health which is a determinant factor in estrogen and cortisol levels.

Last edited:

LCohen

@JDreamer You should use Nizoral about twice a week in the front to remove sebum, this should help with recession. Having a high libido isn't a sign of estrogen, what would increase your estrogenicity is ejaculating though, if you're still unsure of your hormonal state it's better to limit ejaculation frequency especially when more free Testosterone is available due to Boron's effect on decreasing SHBG. You may spend that excess sexual energy on lifting weights and bodyweight exercices for instance, I find it helps with self-control maybe from the calming effect of Testosterone inhibiting cortisol more acutely. Generally occupying your mind helps too, I wouldn't be surprised if being sexually obssessed increases DHT since even masturbation without ejaculation triggers it (and being high T doesn't imply high DHT since the latter is triggered by chronic stress). According to the original guide, Boron should be taken based on how you feel and personally I've always taken it on and off, never daily for long periods. There are other things you can work on to compensate by raising SHBG (Zinc, Olive Oil 1-2 tsps also anti-estrogenic, Ginger, lower Fructose intake, lipolysis inhibition with Niacinamide which is also anti-estrogenic, Chromium, Manganese sources = wheat germ, sweet potato), general strategies that increase Insulin Sensitivity or support HNF4-Alpha which promotes SHBG (Zinc and Ginger increase HNF4-Alpha and it is also a marker of liver health so Taurine, Milk Thistle and other anti-endotoxins will help raising SHBG). Other anti-estrogenic supps from the stack I think you didn't mention taking are Selenized Yeast, Vit B1 & B2 (about the RDA), Niacinamide, P-5-P. How much Zinc have you been taking? At first 100mg may be needed as even 50mg of Zinc Picolinate has barely affected serum levels in a study (although the diet probably included phytic acid and didn't have P-5-P which increases absorption). Taurine should generally help preventing recession being a decalcifying agent (as well as using higher doses of Mag Citrate) but it also supports liver health which is a determinant factor in estrogen and cortisol levels.

Good list.
I would add IP6 and Alpha Lipoic Acid for chelating metals like iron..

JDreamer

Thank you for the response.

When I mentioned the libido what I was saying was I can definitely feel my T has increased. This regimen has taken me from not really caring to thinking about sex a lot. However, with increased testosterone I'm assuming a considerable portion is still aromatizing into E (separate issue) and I'm noticing more lower ab fat lately.

I had gone a few days without Zinc Piccolinate and Vitamin A. I finally picked some up yesterday (as well has some Vitamin C). I already have Boron, Molybdenum, Mag Citrate, Selenium, and Vitamin K2 (MK4). For whatever reason, I got off using Taurine a couple of months ago ..... perhaps I need to re-introduce it. I've been trying to incorporate Coconut oil (orally) along with baking soda (orally) for endotoxin, but often times I get so busy I forget.

brix

Thank you for the response.

When I mentioned the libido what I was saying was I can definitely feel my T has increased. This regimen has taken me from not really caring to thinking about sex a lot. However, with increased testosterone I'm assuming a considerable portion is still aromatizing into E (separate issue) and I'm noticing more lower ab fat lately.

I had gone a few days without Zinc Piccolinate and Vitamin A. I finally picked some up yesterday (as well has some Vitamin C). I already have Boron, Molybdenum, Mag Citrate, Selenium, and Vitamin K2 (MK4). For whatever reason, I got off using Taurine a couple of months ago ..... perhaps I need to re-introduce it. I've been trying to incorporate Coconut oil (orally) along with baking soda (orally) for endotoxin, but often times I get so busy I forget.

What are you taking ?

Elephanto

@LCohen Good point about Iron and funny coincidence because I was logging on the forum exactly to add this advice for JDreamer. Except that IP6 can increase intestinal permeability by downregulating tight junctions of the intestinal barrier. I would rather advice grounded coriander seeds (2tsps-1tbsp daily) which has caused an important decrease in serum Iron levels over a few months for some users, and blood giving. Aspirin and Cranberry Juice are possibly effective too and safer than IP6.

The effect of phytic acid on tight junctions in the human intestinal Caco-2 cell line and its mechanism. - PubMed - NCBI

@JDreamer I see, well the Endotoxins part definitely needs to be taken care of to minimize the potential for regression so maybe adding back Coconut Oil at least. The important point about Iron is that you've been reducing Copper levels with Molybdenum and Iron stores and absorption increase when Copper is decreased. In these periods I would advice not consuming Heme Iron, the long-term goal isn't low Copper but the chelation of inorganic (free) Copper with consecutive resplenishment in organic sources (generally shiitake mushrooms, chocolate, adzuki beans are good sources that are also low in heme Iron unlike meat organs).

Generally Iron can be an important factor in hair loss. It directly inhibits p53 and IGFBP-3 (which is a significant predictor of male pattern baldness; and those genes are restrictive toward cancer growth), it decreases Vitamin D absorption (an IGFBP-3 promoter so two ways it decreases it) and it can be a main cause of significant liver damage, as an oxidizer of all organs. It is also a growth factor for gut bacterias so an high Iron condition asks for a constant use of antibacterials. People with hemochromatosis (genetic retention of Iron) tend to be bald as I had searched in group pictures and have a large range of health issues (diabetes is common from pancreas oxidation). Vitamin E is a protective factor.

@Hairfedup Depends, it is common that androgenic herbs increase Nitric Oxide potently for some reason, which is a reason why they ameliorate erections which can give the impression they increase Testosterone more than they actually do. In my experience Nitric Oxide enhancing substances have a bad effect on hair quality and density and Nitric Oxide inhibiting ones have the opposite effect, both being noticeable rapidly. One that I tried this year and found had a noticeably negative effect was Tongkat Ali. Generally I think they're unecessary at best, using the essential minerals/vitamins and physiological approaches that are androgenic through decreasing Estrogen, Stress, Serotonin and Endotoxins (all negative factors in Androgens production), avoiding xenoestrogens/endocrine disruptors and optimizing blood circulation is more than enough. There's a lot of elements you can change before having to rely on a crutch that has systemic negative effects through increasing NO.

Last edited:

JDreamer

What are you taking ?

I'm not sure what you mean - the stuff I currently have is listed in the comments you replied to. I recently added back Zinc Piccolinate, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C after being off of them for a handful of days.

I need to do a better job of keeping up with coconut oil, as well as baking soda for cleaning up endotoxins. My digestion/gut health needs to be a lot better, so that I get proper absorption.

brix

I'm not sure what you mean - the stuff I currently have is listed in the comments you replied to. I recently added back Zinc Piccolinate, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C after being off of them for a handful of days.

I need to do a better job of keeping up with coconut oil, as well as baking soda for cleaning up endotoxins. My digestion/gut health needs to be a lot better, so that I get proper absorption.

Ah you just said you had those supps on hand... thought you meant you weren’t taking those atm. Got it

Scenes

I’ve said it on this forum a bunch of times, the things that increase testosterone make you feel great/strong/energetic...but always seem to lead to hairloss.

The amount of estrogen suppression doesn’t seem to change that.

Why do so many high test high dopamine males still lose hair? Think lebron james, michael Jordan...

From the @Elephanto stack (and no disrespect I appreciate all the advice) but I know for me that Vit A K and boron have all led to increased hair shedding or thinning at hairline in the past, or making hair look wispy and weak.

Haven’t found solutions for this...I think less supplements is better than more.

Elephanto

From the @Elephanto stack (and no disrespect I appreciate all the advice) but I know for me that Vit A K and boron have all led to increased hair shedding or thinning at hairline in the past, or making hair look wispy and weak.

Haven’t found solutions for this...I think less supplements is better than more.

I don't disagree, it's good to start with a smaller base that has no drawback and it is easier that way to isolate effects of newly added elements. The mistake I see is when that small base has drawbacks that are not countered by other substances. For instance K2, Taurine and Molybdenum increasing Nitric Oxide, which needs to be countered by Magnesium, Zinc and other anti-Endotoxins (since they promote NO). Or Boron decreasing SHBG, needing the anti-aromatase, anti-cortisol and anti-Endotoxins strategies/substances. The 5-alpha reductase enhancing ones like Vit A or Glycine (not part of the stack but still mentioning it) requiring the same strategies because they also lead to Cortisol reduction minimizing the need for DHT production. A small base can also not cover all the factors that need to be taken care of in an individual, making it ineffective.

About Testosterone promoting hair loss, this is the opposite of my experience, such state tends to protect against recession and increases hair thickness. In some studies, young men with mpb have slightly lower than average Testosterone but 50% more DHEA-S which is a marker of stress. You may also confound this effect with increased Nitric Oxide which many androgenic herbs potently trigger. DHT is a different story, a low stress high T male won't produce much DHT. The guys you named have excessive personalities, from observation I think they are rather high stress types. Although not necessary for domination (I could name many low stress personalities who thrive, like Djokovic, Del Potro, Andre Ward, Michael Phelps, Lomachenko, Messi, Piqué, Wade, Duncan, Peter Forsberg etc) it does help to have an unhealthy obsession that pushes you to run on adrenaline chronically to surpass others. Many high test elite athletes have perfect hairlines and they certainly don't lack dopamine to reach this level. Hair loss is more common in the pack leaders yet many athletes they surpass look more androgenic than them. Michael Jordan and guys like Floyd Mayweather were obviously running on adrenaline.

Last edited:

Hevel

Are there any systemic side effects from using Nizoral for long periods of time?

blueorca

I'm new to this. Unfortunately I'm experiencing thinking hair at 17. I'm not sure if it's androgetic alopecia or iron deficiency anemia hair loss but from what I've read it seems as though both are influenced by diet and the body's endocrine system respsonse. I've been following Danny Roddy's diet, I have seen faster hair growth but the thinking is still there. I'm not sure what else to do so I'm starting magnesium oxide 400mg and ferrous sulfate 325mg(iron). Also I started taking 500mg of ashwagandha as I've heard it heals thyroid issues and that may be the cause of my hair loss. I also take a multivitamin (nature's way men's alive multivitamin)

JDreamer

I don't disagree, it's good to start with a smaller base that has no drawback and it is easier that way to isolate effects of newly added elements. The mistake I see is when that small base has drawbacks that are not countered by other substances. For instance K2, Taurine and Molybdenum increasing Nitric Oxide, which needs to be countered by Magnesium, Zinc and other anti-Endotoxins (since they promote NO). Or Boron decreasing SHBG, needing the anti-aromatase, anti-cortisol and anti-Endotoxins strategies/substances. The 5-alpha reductase enhancing ones like Vit A or Glycine (not part of the stack but still mentioning it) requiring the same strategies because they also lead to Cortisol reduction minimizing the need for DHT production. A small base can also not cover all the factors that need to be taken care of in an individual, making it ineffective.

About Testosterone promoting hair loss, this is the opposite of my experience, such state tends to protect against recession and increases hair thickness. In some studies, young men with mpb have slightly lower than average Testosterone but 50% more DHEA-S which is a marker of stress. You may also confound this effect with increased Nitric Oxide which many androgenic herbs potently trigger. DHT is a different story, a low stress high T male won't produce much DHT. The guys you named have excessive personalities, from observation I think they are rather high stress types. Although not necessary for domination (I could name many low stress personalities who thrive, like Djokovic, Del Potro, Andre Ward, Michael Phelps, Lomachenko, Messi, Piqué, Wade, Duncan, Peter Forsberg etc) it does help to have an unhealthy obsession that pushes you to run on adrenaline chronically to surpass others. Many high test elite athletes have perfect hairlines and they certainly don't lack dopamine to reach this level. Hair loss is more common in the pack leaders yet many athletes they surpass look more androgenic than them. Michael Jordan and guys like Floyd Mayweather were obviously running on adrenaline.

When you say "countered" do you mean having to use all supplements you list or just one in particular?

Say for example if we're increasing NO via Taurine, K2, or Molybdenum - do we have to use Mag, Zinc, Baking Soda, etc. etc. or just one of them? Mind you this can become quite the expensive thing keeping up with all supplements. I remember reading that post a long time ago on the bodybuilding.com site where the guy grew his hair back with all these supplements and more. Part of me feels like it worked because he flooded his system so hard it had no choice but to grow it back. He also probably figured out the correct dosages for "his" body. That's the toughest part.

By the way, I forgot to mention the other day that my skin feels so much better now on this regimen. It's back to being warm and smooth. Before it was always kind of thickened and sometimes almost sticky (not sure if that's the best way to describe).

Last edited:

JDreamer

I’ve said it on this forum a bunch of times, the things that increase testosterone make you feel great/strong/energetic...but always seem to lead to hairloss.

The amount of estrogen suppression doesn’t seem to change that.

Why do so many high test high dopamine males still lose hair? Think lebron james, michael Jordan...

Don't forget there are things we can supposedly do to lower the androgen receptors in the scalp (ex. salt scub).

The more I read though the more I'm convinced of the culprit being the prolactin, estrogen, and cortisol axis. Who's to say the people you mentioned don't have those issues? LeBron James has a very compulsive habit of biting his nails and I can tell you from experience that's a big marker of stress. He cares too much about what people think of him, which also keeps him locked into the loop of stress.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals