If Anarchists Can Make Pharma Drugs, Why Can't Somebody Make Lead-free Vitamin C

Badger

Unfortunately, true, they did. She was one of the greatest Americans in US history.

@Dave Clark I lived in New Jersey as a kid for awhile in the 60s and they would come around in the evening with trucks and spray DDT, while we were outside playing. Wonder how much that f**ked my health up?! I'm lucky my son doesn't have fins for arms.

Rachel Carson was trying to shake sense into industry leaders then with, "Silent Spring."

They mocked her as a hysterical woman. Yeah right! Our eagles are just now starting to come back because the DDT made their egg's shells so thin they'd crack before the babies were born.

Frankdee20

What do y’all think of Quali C ? Non GMO Ascorbic Acid

tara

Yes, you could do that. And that's lead-free.
As long as you don't get your rose hips from the garden just by your old lead painted house, or the old orchard where they used lead pesticides, by the busy old road, or other sources of lead ...

SOMO

I won't take any article seriously that repeats this lie:

Shkreli drove the price of the lifesaving HIV medicine Daraprim sells up to $750 per pill. So Four Thieves developed an open source portable chemistry lab that allows anyone to manufacture their own Daraprim for just 25 cents apiece.

tara

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Ray Peat encourages one to act upon their intuition.
Ray Peat surely encourages us to think.

I figure intuition is an important part of thinking, including integrating our perceptions and proprioceptions - or whatever the name for that by which we sense what's going on internally and other learnings. Our bodies are way too complex to be able to figure it all out at a completely conscious, deductive level. Even if we had access to reliable information about all the factors, which nobody does anyway don't.

That's my conscious justification for often being guided by intuition in trying to maintain and restore my health, anyway. :) If I had more time, I could probably benefit from a bit more rigour in recording what I do, though, to provide better support to the deductive aspect.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

What do y’all think of Quali C ? Non GMO Ascorbic Acid

Can we just take whole food vitamin c ?

It says Non-GMO but not lead-free, so I'm assuming it still isn't lead free. I'm now less concerned about it being GMO or not, as the argument " that it doesn't matter since really after the ascorbic acid is extracted, the GMO component hardly matters" makes sense. But what is it that makes it hard for them to say it's "lead-free?" Can't they just remove lead from the manufacturing process and the equipment used? Unless lead is used as a catalyst somewhere in the process and there's no replacement that is cost-effective, why can't lead contamination be removed?

Whole food vitamin C can't be used for megadosing, and you can megadose with synthetic vitamin C. Megadosing is needed in many instances.

Travis

I personally think there is a conspiracy involved. Why are the majors-

- making lead-tainted vitamin C
-making allergen-tainted fructose
-adding harmful excipients to aspirin

when they have the resources to produce better vitamin C, better fructose, and better aspirin?

Oh, no no.. . This is all a huge confusion: lead is always used in China to explicitly mark its exports. By tagging products this way, they can easily tell what stays in China and what goes-out by using X-ray conveyor-belt systems having automated flippers at Y-junctions. This is a highly economical process.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Oh, no no.. . This is all a huge confusion: lead is always used in China to explicitly mark its exports. By tagging products this way, they can easily tell what stays in China and what goes-out by using X-ray conveyor-belt systems having automated flippers at Y-junctions. This is a highly economical process.

The lead-tainted ones go to China? Hey, that works for me!

Travis

Our bodies are way too complex to be able to figure it all out at a completely conscious, deductive level. Even if we had access to reliable information about all the factors, which nobody does anyway don't.

I do think this is possible when considering each phenomenon independently, yet I find it inconceivable that a person could comprehend more than a fraction together working in symphony. Any significant event would induce changes, and changes upon those changes in a fractal manner. Yet I would think a person could comprehend just about any one particular biophysiological event should it be defined narrow enough, satisfactorily. It's almost as if many professionals somehow knew this back in the 60s when biological sciences had been become so successful, yet the realization that should everything become fully known—too quickly— they'd be out of a job before retirement age. Certainly many medical doctors come this realization, and then perennially obfuscate the true nature of their field's defining conditions to maintain a steady stream of patients for decades to come. This is the way I currently see it anyways, and I've found many explanations of certain conditions that make perfect sense of all the data. Yet since the direct curative measures implied by clear understandings are generally not profitable to anybody, they are generally ignored and certainly are never advertised.

Travis

The lead-tainted ones go to China? Hey, that works for me!

I have a double agent named 姓名, and I do know the code:

Russia = Thallium
United States = Lead
France = Arsenic
Japan = Radium
England = Mercury
Korea = Tin
Brazil = Cadmium

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I have a double agent named 姓名, and I do know the code:

Russia = Thallium
United States = Lead
France = Arsenic
Japan = Radium
England = Mercury
Korea = Tin
Brazil = Cadmium
Making a case for hacking China

Fractality

It says Non-GMO but not lead-free, so I'm assuming it still isn't lead free. I'm now less concerned about it being GMO or not, as the argument " that it doesn't matter since really after the ascorbic acid is extracted, the GMO component hardly matters" makes sense. But what is it that makes it hard for them to say it's "lead-free?" Can't they just remove lead from the manufacturing process and the equipment used? Unless lead is used as a catalyst somewhere in the process and there's no replacement that is cost-effective, why can't lead contamination be removed?

Whole food vitamin C can't be used for megadosing, and you can megadose with synthetic vitamin C. Megadosing is needed in many instances.

Quali-c is probably about as lead free as it's going to be at this time. It's made in the USA so that should theoretically help.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Quali-c is probably about as lead free as it's going to be at this time. It's made in the USA so that should theoretically help.
It's made in Scotland though. Not that it matters so much where it's made. It matters more what it really is.

Fractality

It's made in Scotland though. Not that it matters so much where it's made. It matters more what it really is.

I use one of the the vitamin c foundation formulations and they state it is made in the USA...:writer:

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I use one of the the vitamin c foundation formulations and they state it is made in the USA...:writer:
That may be so, but unless Trump made them move mfg to the US, the ascorbic acid is made in Scotland.

Last edited:

Fractality

I wonder if any lead content in synthetic vit C is offset by the fact that vit C chelates lead?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals