If Anarchists Can Make Pharma Drugs, Why Can't Somebody Make Lead-free Vitamin C

zewe

Dr. Axe is liked by people who don't have time or don't want to do the research. They complain when asked to read one Ray Peat article, and rather like the lowdown from someone with a Dr. before their name, and trust what they say so references are not so important.

Sorry if I came off as seeming to imply you're a Dr. Axe fan, and that wasn't my intention. It was more about expressing my disappointment of having been led on wild goose chases, something which I know many people are just as frustrated about.

No offense taken, yerrag. Concerning the Dr. before an expert's name, here's a quote I like to tell young peoples; especially if they're all puffed up with schooled knowledge:

College should never get in the way of a man's education.

Mark Twain

Prosper

If vitamin C chelates lead, how significant problem could lead-contaminated vitamin C powder even be?

nwo2012

it would be a tall order that any one other than a billionaire philanthropist would undertake the task of producing lead-free vitamin C. And Bill Gates has put his riches on his idea that the world would be better served by more vaccines and contraceptive drugs.

Off topic but he is more mass murderer than philanthropist. He is interested in depopulating the world, not improving anyone's health or quality of life. He openly states this with his double speak. He is a sack of ***t, nothing more.

As others have said, you can get a fair bit of C in foods, I dont see the need to supplement it unless you believe in Paulings work and have heart disease etc.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Well, I do a lot of things with food, sups., neuroplasticity techniques, meditation, ride my bicycle, etc. My approaches are scientific and spiritual. Owe much to my higher
self guiding me.

I was a very ill, messed up, and chronic pain person for too many years. I kept telling my useless doctors that I felt very toxic [not the "I" but my body] So, looking for ways to detox
NATURALLY I found the algae. I knew the body is the most toxic after you get up in the AM; so that's when I take them. They detox me everyday [in our polluted world I think all should]
so this opens up more systems pathways. And, they help build me up nutritionally. First thing I noticed was the brain fog lifted. Then endurance improved. All very subtle at first; you've got
give your body time.

But as I've mentioned elsewhere, it's not just anyone thing I do.

Here's something you can read on chlorella:

Chlorella and Detox - Bio-Sources
I can see that in getting yourself better, you have used many methods together, an approach that can't be faulted when we can't afford to try one thing at a time to limit variables to one. What we would lose in this approach is the ability to ascertain how one substance/approach employed is effective or not. It would be difficult to know how the use of chlorella affected you.

I noticed earlier you also mentioned the use of omega3 oils. Ray Peat considers omega3s to be harmful, being classified under the general heading PUFAs (polyunsaturated fats). There's a lot of positive things said about omega3s by the medical and scientific orthodoxy, and I wonder if you have read what Ray Peat has said about omega3's. I assume you have a positive regard for it, but hope you can read his thoughts about it from his website www.raypeat.com .

You seem to be leaning on the intuitive side in describing how chlorella has helped you. I wonder if you can frame them in more concrete terms.

Prosper

He is interested in depopulating the world, not improving anyone's health or quality of life.
These are not necessarily in opposition to each other. Gates seems to want to prevent the excessive population boom Africa is set out to experience. Almost exclusively good things could come out of this. When there are less people, everyone wins.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Off topic but he is more mass murderer than philanthropist. He is interested in depopulating the world, not improving anyone's health or quality of life. He openly states this with his double speak. He is a sack of ***t, nothing more.
If it comes down to it, Hitler believed he was doing the Jews a favor by getting them to reincarnate into a higher life form. But I didn't agree with him either, and I also call him a mass murderer.

I dont see the need to supplement it unless you believe in Paulings work and have heart disease etc.
You're right. This is about making a DIY vitamin C minilab, not about whether you believe in Pauling's work or not.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

If vitamin C chelates lead, how significant problem could lead-contaminated vitamin C powder even be?
I was baiting you Prosper :p:

But to answer your question, I was hoping the magnesium and vitamin C would be a dynamic duo and give the villain Lead (aka Joker) a big zap! and pow! and blow it to kingdom come!

Waynish

If it comes down to it, Hitler believed he was doing the Jews a favor by getting them to reincarnate into a higher life form. But I didn't agree with him either, and I also call him a mass murderer.

You're right. This is about making a DIY vitamin C minilab, not about whether you believe in Pauling's work or not.

Cheaper than making a minilab is to get some potentially good vitamin C sources tested. It isn't that expensive to send a sample to USP or similar!

Dave Clark

Do we have any proof that there is lead in any of these vitamin C products, other than what Peat mentioned? I know COAs have 'acceptable' limits for all their parameters, which is what I go by when choosing a product. Lead was emitted into our atmosphere for many years polluting our water, soil, and crops, and researchers say those levels are still high because of that, so highly unlikely any one of us are going to escape lead in 'any' of the things we consume. I for one will not forgo vitamin c because it has lead in it, might as well forgo breathing, eating, drinking, etc. Instead, I will seek a company with an acceptable COA for their product.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Cheaper than making a minilab is to get some potentially good vitamin C sources tested. It isn't that expensive to send a sample to USP or similar!
I'm taking Ray Peat's word that vitamin C is essentially lead-tainted. Even if I got lead-free or low-lead results, I can't possibly assume it will stay the same for future batches. And besides, are you sure it's cheap to get the vitamin C tested? At any rate, making my own vitamin C in my minilab would give me the best assurance, and I'm just hoping it won't cost too much.

zewe

I can see that in getting yourself better, you have used many methods together, an approach that can't be faulted when we can't afford to try one thing at a time to limit variables to one. What we would lose in this approach is the ability to ascertain how one substance/approach employed is effective or not. It would be difficult to know how the use of chlorella affected you.

I noticed earlier you also mentioned the use of omega3 oils. Ray Peat considers omega3s to be harmful, being classified under the general heading PUFAs (polyunsaturated fats). There's a lot of positive things said about omega3s by the medical and scientific orthodoxy, and I wonder if you have read what Ray Peat has said about omega3's. I assume you have a positive regard for it, but hope you can read his thoughts about it from his website www.raypeat.com .

You seem to be leaning on the intuitive side in describing how chlorella has helped you. I wonder if you can frame them in more concrete terms.

I did find RP's writings; that's how I can here.

I did my sups in stages. Each time I tried one thing I'd give it time; I'd say, "I'm in Stage 2 of my healing," or whatever. This way I could see if adding a supplement did anything.
As my body comes more inline with health things work faster.

Because so many of my systems where/are compromised, I have to treat them all at once because they are interlinked. I look forward to the day when I don't need to rely on them.

The EFAs are intrinsic to the composition of the algae. I don't take oils.

I give credit to my higher self because that's who I really am. Michelle Zewe is just one aspect of my all. Without an open link to the HS, we're just flotsam
floating in the physical; being swept one way or another.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Ray Peat encourages one to act upon their intuition.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Do we have any proof that there is lead in any of these vitamin C products, other than what Peat mentioned? I know COAs have 'acceptable' limits for all their parameters, which is what I go by when choosing a product. Lead was emitted into our atmosphere for many years polluting our water, soil, and crops, and researchers say those levels are still high because of that, so highly unlikely any one of us are going to escape lead in 'any' of the things we consume. I for one will not forgo vitamin c because it has lead in it, might as well forgo breathing, eating, drinking, etc. Instead, I will seek a company with an acceptable COA for their product.
I'm taking Ray Peat's word for it.

But I'm certain that I'd need more proof that the COAs are not a mere rubber stamp or formality just to ensure acceptance.

I don't agree with your thesis that since there is so much lead pollution around us, consciously taking more lead in wouldn't hurt much more than it already has. By your reasoning, all of us have lead toxicity in us, and we should just chill.

zewe

Well, I do a lot of things with food, sups., neuroplasticity techniques, meditation, ride my bicycle, etc. My approaches are scientific and spiritual. Owe much to my higher
self guiding me.

I was a very ill, messed up, and chronic pain person for too many years. I kept telling my useless doctors that I felt very toxic [not the "I" but my body] So, looking for ways to detox
NATURALLY I found the algae. I knew the body is the most toxic after you get up in the AM; so that's when I take them. They detox me everyday [in our polluted world I think all should]
so this opens up more systems pathways. And, they help build me up nutritionally. First thing I noticed was the brain fog lifted. Then endurance improved. All very subtle at first; you've got
give your body time.

But as I've mentioned elsewhere, it's not just anyone thing I do.

Here's something you can read on chlorella:

Chlorella and Detox - Bio-Sources

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Ray Peat encourages one to act upon their intuition.
I'm not sure if I should correct you at all as acting on intuition is a valid course of action even if Ray Peat doesn't say so. But I don't think it just stops there.

I'm still trying to get an answer from you if there are any specifics to how you benefited from using chlorella.

zewe

I'm not sure if I should correct you at all as acting on intuition is a valid course of action even if Ray Peat doesn't say so. But I don't think it just stops there.

I'm still trying to get an answer from you if there are any specifics to how you benefited from using chlorella.

Sweetie, I just highlighted that for you in my previous post:
"First thing I noticed was the brain fog lifted. Then endurance improved."

I also mentioned their antihistamine effect. This is a big one for me as I am histamine intolerant.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Sweetie, I just highlighted that for you in my previous post:
"First thing I noticed was the brain fog lifted. Then endurance improved."

I also mentioned their antihistamine effect. This is a big one for me as I am histamine intolerant.
That's really sweet :D

But duh! What was I thinking? I'm glad it helped you. And sorry, it must frustrate you it's taking a while to crack my thick skull.

It must be very helpful to you and I should give it another try. I admit to being cool to chlorella because it didn't work for me then but still I should still consider it for future needs, or maybe even now, as an adjunct to what I've got going. It may enhance it even. Yeah, thanks for drilling it down softly and gently to me.

zewe

www.RayPeat.com
©2006-16 Ray Peat
All Rights Reserved
rp3.gif

A R T I C L E
SNIP:
Intuitive knowledge and its development

Understanding consciousness is necessary for understanding life. Variations of consciousness, such as dementia, depression, delusion, or insight, originality, curiosity have to be understood biologically.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

www.RayPeat.com
©2006-16 Ray Peat
All Rights Reserved
rp3.gif

A R T I C L E
SNIP:
Intuitive knowledge and its development

Understanding consciousness is necessary for understanding life. Variations of consciousness, such as dementia, depression, delusion, or insight, originality, curiosity have to be understood biologically.
Thanks. I needed a refresher on this one. And dont worry, I'm not sending you Ray's thoughts on omega3s.

zewe

I gotta add that Ray Peat reads many things, not just scientific studies. I see he quotes/talks about mystics.....William Blake for one.

Read what you're drawn to. That's your higher self giving you a nudge! Of course you've got to get off the computer/TV/media/excessive talking......which I'm going to do now.
Bye guys! It's been a pleasure conversing.

Michelle

Dave Clark

I'm taking Ray Peat's word for it.

But I'm certain that I'd need more proof that the COAs are not a mere rubber stamp or formality just to ensure acceptance.

I don't agree with your thesis that since there is so much lead pollution around us, consciously taking more lead in wouldn't hurt much more than it already has. By your reasoning, all of us have lead toxicity in us, and we should just chill.
Not what I was suggesting, didn't say more wouldn't hurt us, just that it is so ubiquitus and prevalent in our food, air, water, etc., that we are getting more from other sources than we are probably getting from vitamin c products (assuming you picked a clean source). I grew up in the leaded-gas generation, I'm not happy about that, and I applaud people who are concerned. My point was, that if we refrain from all products that have lead, there wouldn't be much of anything left. If I wasn't concerned about heavy metals i wouldn't ask for COAs when I buy products, but when I get the COA and it looks good, I use that product. If you believe Peat is right, don't use vitamin c, however, I need more proof than his word that the vitamin C that is made is full of lead. I am not from Missouri, but "show me".