If Against Dem Virtue Signalling And Wacko Ideas, Say Vote For Biden In Polls

OP
yerrag

yerrag

C'mon man, I'm just giving you a hard time. There is no shame in mixing metaphors like you did. I apologize for taunting you with it.
You had me going for a while there, but sure, no hard feelings. We were roughing it up. Don't worry, I'll make it up to you with pizza and beer after we a canoe trip at the Russian River!

Geronimo

I had a friend send me to the front page of this news site. They asked me if I've ever heard of them. This person is a hyper liberal who thinks they're moderate because most of the media they see reinforces their views on a daily basis. So, looking at the link below, how would you describe this news source? Any facts about the donors would be appreciated. (yes, I know it's a hyper liberal trash site lol). The link is below:

Funders and Finances | Reveal

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201021-125210.png
    Screenshot_20201021-125210.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 17

Ableton

It's truly terrible being in a family that consists of 9 hyper-liberal people and then only myself. They prattle on about how dumb anyone is who isn't a liberal, basically just insulting me right in front of me. Then when I try to have adult discussions just about covid based on actual facts, I get yelled at because I'm "attacking" them. Their personal identity is directly tied to their political beliefs. Their political beliefs don't allow them to question the narrative of their party. They scoff when I say that all mass media except Fox is hyper liberal. They even think John Oliver is an independent moderate! When I post in comments on YouTube videos (a surprisingly robust way to have a lot of people see your words) I always pose as a Democrat begging my fellow democrats to stop the madness with ignoring all the covid science lol
Its common sense for every non hyperliberal person I know to not take their political beliefs outside a circle of A selected few. Is it not for you? You are probably hurting yourself

Also, the tying your personality to your political belief Thing happens as often on the other political spectrum as well. The two most hivemind popular identities are 1, the hyperliberal, political correct one. And 2 the anti establishment, conspiratory one.

people really just don’t like to admit that they have no clue, that „facts“ are merely perspectives (usually secondary source). Post-truth is not only a narrative, it‘s part of our lived reality. Trump is the most postmodern character to ever exist

managing

Its common sense for every non hyperliberal person I know to not take their political beliefs outside a circle of A selected few. Is it not for you? You are probably hurting yourself

Also, the tying your personality to your political belief Thing happens as often on the other political spectrum as well. The two most hivemind popular identities are 1, the hyperliberal, political correct one. And 2 the anti establishment, conspiratory one.

people really just don’t like to admit that they have no clue, that „facts“ are merely perspectives (usually secondary source). Post-truth is not only a narrative, it‘s part of our lived reality. Trump is the most postmodern character to ever exist
If you were confident that your views and self were worthy and just, why hide them?

Surprisingly, we agree on your second paragraph. Even your third. Although, to be clear, being "postmodern" is not necessarily a virtue (nor necessarily un-virtuous).

Ableton

If you were confident that your views and self were worthy and just, why hide them?

Surprisingly, we agree on your second paragraph. Even your third. Although, to be clear, being "postmodern" is not necessarily a virtue (nor necessarily un-virtuous).

Career and social circle repercussions. First is self explanatory, second probably not. I need to uphold a hyperliberal social circle of „friends“ (I only have 3 real friends) to reap the benefits of the display of it and everything that comes with it. If you have no social life as a young person, it’s over if you are not very attractive, basically. Typical conservative conspiraty theorists are just as dumb, but do not give me social circle benefits. They are „uncool“, so I literally do not have anything to gain from hanging out with them.
Given that I did not have the impression that you want our whole system to collapse thus far, how is in your view a post truth politician not unvirtous, especially right now? Do you think trump will expose the deep state?:D

Ableton

Also, I do not consider myself conservative btw. I’m pro lgtb for example. The problem is that the repercussions already come with a display of what I would consider a middle ground on the political spectrum.
If I out myself as a defender of traditional family values I am automatically conservative and uncool. Thats our current political climate right now
I am also a economic Marxist (cool btw) and think postmodern philosophy is a must in our education system precisely because we are in post truth times

Last edited:

managing

Career and social circle repercussions. First is self explanatory, second probably not. I need to uphold a hyperliberal social circle of „friends“ (I only have 3 real friends) to reap the benefits of the display of it and everything that comes with it. If you have no social life as a young person, it’s over if you are not very attractive, basically. Typical conservative conspiraty theorists are just as dumb, but do not give me social circle benefits. They are „uncool“, so I literally do not have anything to gain from hanging out with them.
Given that I did not have the impression that you want our whole system to collapse thus far, how is in your view a post truth politician not unvirtous, especially right now? Do you think trump will expose the deep state?:D
Hmm, that sounds miserable.

Anyway, I think there is a whole lot more to postmodernism than post-truth. But post-truth has to be understood in the sense that, although the foundations of most anything can be called into question, integrity and authenticity are still quite possible, and, perhaps, more meaningful than "truth" in an absolute sense. That doesn't mean nihilism, or make up any truth you want though--it is about fundamental truths not "that is a zebra, but I can call it a giraffe because, post-truth". I definitely have opinions of Trump's virtue or lack thereof. I just mean that "being postmodern" isn't inherently good or bad.

managing

Also, I do not consider myself conservative btw. I’m pro lgtb for example. The problem is that the repercussions already come with a display of what I would consider a middle ground on the political spectrum.
If I out myself as a defender of traditional family values I am automatically conservative and uncool. Thats our current political climate right now
I am also a economic Marxist (cool btw) and think postmodern philosophy is a must in our education system precisely because we are in post truth times
LOL. If we quit being jerks to each other we might just get along.

That is what appeals to me about Ray Peat in the social-political sphere. "Liberal" and "Conservative" ideologies seem so restrictive and non-productive. I don't want to limit my thinking to conformity with any "ideal". It's just silly.

You are right that there are "trigger words" that make people "categorize' others. Somebody--don't actually remember who--keeps doing that to me here. He thinks he is clever because he takes a sliver of something and says "aha! I know what you are, and I can dismiss you as worthless because you are other!". But the joke is on him. Bad "listening" just leads to reinforcing cycles of stupidity like that.

Ledo

Perceptions surrounding Trump are synthetic in nature, manufactured to be seen as saviour, there is a need for one; politics from individuals like him, with the psychological make up and vita; the light at the end of the tunnel is not the rebirth, but the head light of incoming freight train

You guys on the left can't stand being called out for what you are, primarily narcissists in love with the perception of your selves being the ones for whom ending the lunacy plaguing mankind was to be your calling.

Trumps has ended that revealing nothing but frauds and crooks.

Personally I hope you all swim in a cacophony of virtue signals gone bad for the rest of your days.

Ledo

LOL. If we quit being jerks to each other we might just get along.

That is what appeals to me about Ray Peat in the social-political sphere. "Liberal" and "Conservative" ideologies seem so restrictive and non-productive. I don't want to limit my thinking to conformity with any "ideal". It's just silly.

You are right that there are "trigger words" that make people "categorize' others. Somebody--don't actually remember who--keeps doing that to me here. He thinks he is clever because he takes a sliver of something and says "aha! I know what you are, and I can dismiss you as worthless because you are other!". But the joke is on him. Bad "listening" just leads to reinforcing cycles of stupidity like that.

You mean trigger words like "selling the nation out to Chinese communists"? "We should all just get along". Rodney King

You guys on the left can't stand being called out for what you are, primarily narcissists in love with the perception of your selves being the ones for whom ending the lunacy plaguing mankind was to be your calling.

Personally I hope you all swim in a cacophony of virtue signals gone bad for the rest of your days.

Haha, indeed, it didn't work out as planned, but leftist thought atleast slowed down the decay into barbarism somewhat. Leftism was made ineffective by undue influence from the inside and outside, i do not know the agents of this development though. I agree partially that american party leftism is weak and somewhat phony, but leftist france could maintain labour rights and standards of living well, with a utilitarian cooperation between left and right in regard to common objectives; many right wingin' individuals are structurally leftists tho, being under a spell of delusion by industrialist magicians and their 'alternative facts' :)

managing

You mean trigger words like "selling the nation out to Chinese communists"? "We should all just get along". Rodney King
Have no idea what you mean, but thank you for demonstrating in your previous post the problem of labeling that I was discussing.

Geronimo

Holy crap that's beautiful. I'm actually sort of left leaning, policy-wise. I'm also a realist and know people need to stop relying on others and make their own way.
But it's so obvious that the obligation for a moral high ground has been co-opted to benefit globalist agendas. That would be where all the shaming comes into play: "If you don't agree with me then you're a ___ist". People are so pathetically desperate for the moral high ground that they don't see the pitfalls of blindly chasing it based on what they're told the new high ground is.
I view adult liberals as kids who went to college and never turned into adults, politically speaking. Their childish collegiate echo chamber formed and fermented their political views over the course of 4+ years, and they were never able to break out of it, condemning any dissenters as inherently selfish and inhumane, simply because they view themselves as morally infallible. Which they are! But those morals don't require attachment to real world situations to persist. They are often only ethereal and hypothetical, but hazardous when forcefully wrought into reality.
I see the fact of Republicans being less college-educated as a major bonus to Republicans. They didn't spend their birth into the adult world listening exclusively to other baby adults. They graduated high school, went out into the real world and dealt with real adults during those highly formative years.
Liberals and conservatives are very much like a child/parent relationship. Adults are cynical and often stop caring about other people. They're also very aware of real-world implications of one's actions, particularly with money (conservatives). Children want everyone to be happy and make the world a utopian place without understanding the implications of acting on those desires (liberals). It's also sort of like a dog chasing things; sometimes they chase away dangerous intruders. Sometimes they chase cars that would be harmless if they didn't put their head directly under the tires (liberals). Cars are very dangerous when driven recklessly. They're also dangerous when we run out in front of them when they're being driven safely (racism, sexism, homophobia).
When the child is told by a stranger that we need specific things to happen to make this utopia, those things can be very very dangerous (globalist media manipulation).
If the parent is abusive and heartless, then the kids suffer unjustly.
When the child wants something to happen, they need the approval of the parents to make it happen.
An example would be universal health care. On paper, it's a great idea because everyone will have health care. Yay! But they don't seem to care how it has to happen, as long as some form of it happens. But if we can't afford it without skipping the "mortgage", then the conservative parents should decline it until the child forms their idea better.
It's balance of emotion and logic. Emotion wants what it wants because it wants it. Logic does what is possible.
Heartless logic is dangerous. Illogical emotion is dangerous. Illogical emotion is running rampant right now, burning good things in its path, quite literally. Oddly enough, heartless logic (globalism) is behind the tsunami of illogical emotion.
I get the feeling that old people from Eastern European countries would read this and say "no sh*t".

Last edited:

Ableton

strong take that illustrates the degeneration of the left pretty well. but do you reckon most people on the right are not narcissists in love with the perception of themselves being the ones to be „woke“ enough to see through our pedophile establishment etc., while at the end of the day their protest stops at the voting box and is mostly racially motivated anyways?
Most people are huge bigots regardless of spectrum.
Selling out a nation to corporations is only marginally better than selling it out to the chinese. Give the common people what they deserve. A driver for amazon is amazon. Simple as that. Meritocratic economic marxism will redistribute most of the wealth from the elites to lower and middle class white men, where it should be. Decades of cold war indoctrination are really haunting america, although sanders would have won
It’s still a class struggle, mostly because wageslaving doesn’t pay off the way it should (acquiring means of production in % relative to what you bring to the table for the corp you work for, which essentially gives you a voice)

Last edited:

managing

strong take that illustrates the degeneration of the left pretty well. but do you reckon most people on the right are not narcissists in love with the perception of themselves being the ones to be „woke“ enough to see through our pedophile establishment etc., while at the end of the day their protest stops at the voting box and is mostly racially motivated anyways?
Selling out a nation to corporations is only marginally better than selling it out to the chinese. Give the common people what they deserve. A driver for amazon is amazon. Simple as that. Meritocratic economic marxism will redistribute most of the wealth from the elites to lower and middle class white men, where it should be. Decades of cold war indoctrination are really haunting america, although sanders would have won
It’s still a class struggle, mostly because wageslaving doesn’t pay off the way it should (acquiring means of production in % relative to what you bring to the table for the corp you work for, which essentially gives you a voice)
You had me right up until "white men". Why white? Why men?

Ableton

You had me right up until "white men". Why white? Why men?

because they are the biggest bulk of contributors, so get rewarded the most in a meritocracy. asians as well, needlessly to say.

asian men are the most systemically discriminated group in the west for that matter.

do you think blacks and women do on average contribute as much as white or asian men?

Last edited:

Geronimo

I'm not sure how being aware of and pulling support from pedo establishments is a bad thing. I also don't see how handing over more control to "elites" through globalist agendas is going to enrich the middle class and take money away from the elites. Liberal policies and the modern expression of liberals are not one and the same.

managing

because they are the biggest bulk of contributors, so get rewarded the most in a meritocracy. asians as well, needlessly to say.

asian men are the most systemically discriminated group in the west for that matter.

do you think blacks and women do on average contribute as much as white or asian men?
It is hard to determine whether you are speaking prescriptively or descriptively? And whether you are making a numbers argument.

So, there are more white men in the workforce than any other demo (US), so yes, white men collectively would contribute the most.

If you are trying to make a static argument like "on average, white men are more productive" I don't know whether the data would bear that out. But if they did, it wouldn't be proof of relative merit, it would be a snapshot in time.

Also, if you try to convert that into a system of compensation, you are faced with measurement challenges. Who, for example, is the most productive Amazon driver? The one who delivers the most packages? Or the one with lowest error rate? Or the one with the fewest broken items? Is this fair to somebody in a rural area vs someone in an urban area who can deliver more packages/day?

I generally like the idea of compensating employees more fairly relative to a company's earnings. But many factors like the cost of money, risk, cashflow, etc have to be taken into consideration. And, as the Soviet Union learned, its all incredibly complex. Which isn't to say that crony capitalism and cleptocracy is acceptable either.

managing

I'm not sure how being aware of and pulling support from pedo establishments is a bad thing. I also don't see how handing over more control to "elites" through globalist agendas is going to enrich the middle class and take money away from the elites. Liberal policies and the modern expression of liberals are not one and the same.
You've drank the Kool-Aid so often you can't see @Ableton point: The pedo q-anon theory is cray-cray. Just as crazy as extreme left's fantasy conspiracy theories.

If there is one thing Jim Jones taught us, it is don't drink the Kool-Aid. No matter what flavor it is.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom