If A Man Decided To Do Steroids

sprinter

If I man decided he wanted to do steroids, purely for strength, beyond the steroids that Peat normally recommends, what do you think the best route would be?

tankasnowgod

If I man decided he wanted to do steroids, purely for strength, beyond the steroids that Peat normally recommends, what do you think the best route would be?

Well, the simple answer would be testosterone, ideally with weight training. It's incredibly effective, as witnessed by this study- The effects of supraphysiologic doses of testosterone on muscle size and strength in normal men. - PubMed - NCBI

Of course, there are all the associated problems. Like increased aromatazation and estrogen. Shutdown of the HPA axis. Surging libido, and then loss of libido. Post Cycle Therapy. Legality. And cost.

WestCoaster

If you're looking at exogenous Testosterone supplementation, you will probably have difficulty finding a doctor willing to supply more for the purposes of getting bigger and ripped. They can lose their license that way. You also have to be conscious about supplementing with testosterone/steroids, because there will be a period of time when your body simply stops making it.

Waynish

Maybe in Mexico? But I think the question is more along the lines of which source of testosterone etc would be the safest and most effective - but correct me if I'm wrong OP.

And if you ask a bodybuilder... they'll probably say "I won't help you because your diet is wrong"

TubZy

I would say anything DHT derived (masteron, proviron, anavar) alone or with testosterone if you chose. That is what I've always done in the past since they are my favorite (mental feeling, libido, strength, hardness), I hate any steroids that either can convert to estrogen, (besides testosterone obviously), prolactin etc.

Plus DHT derivatives are less suppressive compared to anything that converts to estrogen. Estrogen can suppress HPTA big time along with the host of side effects I"m sure you are aware about if you read Peat's stuff.

Stramonium

I would say anything DHT derived (masteron, proviron, anavar) alone or with testosterone if you chose. That is what I've always done in the past since they are my favorite (mental feeling, libido, strength, hardness), I hate any steroids that either can convert to estrogen, (besides testosterone obviously), prolactin etc.

Plus DHT derivatives are less suppressive compared to anything that converts to estrogen. Estrogen can suppress HPTA big time along with the host of side effects I"m sure you are aware about if you read Peat's stuff.

So derivates from DHT are safer to use? What other steroids convert to estrogen more easily?

TubZy

So derivates from DHT are safer to use? What other steroids convert to estrogen more easily?

Yes, I mean they pretty much follow Peat's work too (not saying they are 100% "safe"). They lower cortisol, antangonize estrogen, lower prolactin, increase metabolic rate etc. The effects are similar to androsterone but just much stronger. A lot of the negative side effects from steroids is from the conversion to estrogen, usually the steroids that are for "bulking" purposes which I was never a fan of anyways.

Dianabol would be the most common steroid that converts to estrogen.

tankasnowgod

And if you ask a bodybuilder... they'll probably say "I won't help you because your diet is wrong"

True Dat. They'd prolly also tell you that you steroids don't work unless you work out. Except the study I posted showed that the Testosterone only group had bigger gains that the weight training only group. And they didn't control for diet at all. Of course, Testosterone + Weight Training had the biggest gains.

Ah, Broscience!

True Dat. They'd prolly also tell you that you steroids don't work unless you work out. Except the study I posted showed that the Testosterone only group had bigger gains that the weight training only group. And they didn't control for diet at all. Of course, Testosterone + Weight Training had the biggest gains.

Ah, Broscience!

Well I imagine a good advisor would also not give you anything until you've hit your natural potential... but there's so many who start so much gear long before that... so I don't know. But I do know they're quite rigid about diet first.

OP
sprinter

sprinter

So I guess after Progesterone, DHEA, Pregnenolone and Androsterone, the next steroids in line would be testosterone and DHT derivatives.

My friend said he's been using Progesterone, DHEA, Pregnenolone and Androsterone (and also K2 and other vitamins) and he isn't happy with his level of strength and jackage. Maybe he hasn't used these to their fullest potential, but it's advised (at least on this forum) not to use too much of these or it will convert to estrogen.

I heard a strength athlete once say that if a man decides to use testosterone he should never come off because "he won't like it." The loss of strength, size and confidence could lead to depression, so better to just stay on. Thoughts?

Gl;itch.e

I heard a strength athlete once say that if a man decides to use testosterone he should never come off because "he won't like it." The loss of strength, size and confidence could lead to depression, so better to just stay on. Thoughts?
I guess it depends on how fragile your ego is and how much you tie your identity up in muscle and strength.

OP
sprinter

sprinter

I guess it depends on how fragile your ego is and how much you tie your identity up in muscle and strength.

Maybe I worded it incorrectly, but it is more then just ego. Your Hormones change, you were feeling great, lots of energy, more focused, sharper, strong overall, etc. Now all that changes...

sladerunner69

Well, the simple answer would be testosterone, ideally with weight training. It's incredibly effective, as witnessed by this study- The effects of supraphysiologic doses of testosterone on muscle size and strength in normal men. - PubMed - NCBI

Of course, there are all the associated problems. Like increased aromatazation and estrogen. Shutdown of the HPA axis. Surging libido, and then loss of libido. Post Cycle Therapy. Legality. And cost.

I should point out he failed to mention the biggest problem that roid abusers always tend to find themselves in is drowning in pootytang.

powerlifter

I recommend you to watch Jason Blaha's video, this guy is very experienced on this subject

Ed Kelly

Haha, I just had to go from lurking to sign up to reply to this. Are you being sarcastic?

redlight

Testosterone dose-response relationships in healthy young men | Endocrinology and Metabolism
"Total Testosterone
300 mg group-1,345 ng/dl a 691 ng increase from baseline
600 mg group-2,370 ng/dl a 1,737 ng increase from baseline

IGF-1
300 mg group-388 ng/dl a 74 ng increase from baseline
600 mg group-304 ng/dl a 77 ng increase from baseline

Body composition was measured after 20 weeks.

Fat Free Mass by underwater weighing
300 mg group-5.2kg (11.4lbs) increase
600 mg group-7.9kg (17.38lbs) increase
Fat Mass by underwater weighing
300 mg group-.5kg (1.1lbs) decrease
600 mg group-1.1kg (2.42lbs) decrease
Thigh Muscle Volume
300 mg group-84 cubic centimeter increase
600 mg group-126 cubic centimeter increase
Quadriceps Muscle Volume
300 mg group-43 cubic centimeter increase
600 mg group-68 cubic centimeter increase
Leg Press Strength
300 mg group-72.2kg (158.8lbs) increase
600 mg group-76.5kg (168.3lbs) increase
Leg Power
300 mg group-38.6 watt increase
600 mg group-48.1 watt increase
Hemoglobin
300 mg group-6.1 gram per liter increase
600 mg group-14.2 gram per liter increase
Plasma HDL Cholesterol
300 mg group-5.7 mg/dl decrease
600 mg group-8.4 mg/dl decrease
Acne
300 mg group-7 of the 12 men developed acne
600 mg group-2 of the 13 men developed acne"

Drareg

Is it very difficult to get to these levels naturally? Testosterone that is?

Seems a bit pointless to grow too big relative to size and have all that structure to be maintained with flowing nourishment,the really big guys seem to spend a lot of time maintaining the structure rather than using it.

I'm guessing if your born from a healthy womb that starts you quite broad,tall and all round strong,other adaptations to support this are in place like heart size,to juice up as an adult too quick on the outside could be excessive strain on the pumps inside,slower is safer I'm thinking.
Surely with little amounts of DHT,androsterone ,pregnenolone with time the and using the body the way you want you will size up to what is necessary via adaption with testosterone increasing with it.
It happens much quicker with testosterone I'm guessing?

Is it very difficult to get to these levels naturally? Testosterone that is?

Seems a bit pointless to grow too big relative to size and have all that structure to be maintained with flowing nourishment,the really big guys seem to spend a lot of time maintaining the structure rather than using it.

I'm guessing if your born from a healthy womb that starts you quite broad,tall and all round strong,other adaptations to support this are in place like heart size,to juice up as an adult too quick on the outside could be excessive strain on the pumps inside,slower is safer I'm thinking.
Surely with little amounts of DHT,androsterone ,pregnenolone with time the and using the body the way you want you will size up to what is necessary via adaption with testosterone increasing with it.
It happens much quicker with testosterone I'm guessing?

Maybe for these guys

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals