Ideas? Ray’s Birthday is October 12th

OP
Peatful

Peatful

If it weren't for Ray Peat, I'd probably still be taking fish oil <blech>.

If it weren't for Ray, would Walmart even be carrying coconut oil now? I remember when it did not.
This is actually not a bad idea or theme:
“If it wasn’t for you, I __________________”

OP
Peatful

Peatful

I think once this thread decides what to do - like for a video collage for example - I think the response would be a lot better if we made another thread titled "send your 5-10 second video message to ray" here to be compiled - for whichever idea is chosen i think this is good because from the thread list it seems like we haven't decided yet
Feel free to start that once you check in with @LoryEl

Theta

What is Dr. Peat's mailing address?

If Dr. Peat got a thousand birthday greetings in his mail box, I think that would be a good thing.

OP
Peatful

Peatful

I send it here and he gets it:

Attachments

• CF086E8E-C8C8-4420-BEC6-5E91BCB38D56.png
    CF086E8E-C8C8-4420-BEC6-5E91BCB38D56.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 36

Lejeboca

If we had a page or online card where we all wrote happy birthday I'd be down to join in on that or to pitch in monetarily for a gift. IMO he would get a good laugh from a card that had the pics of him driving the OJ, milk, potato cars from that other thread.

I just had to link to this :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I like this idea, and thank you @Peatful for starting gathering the ideas!

Perhaps, the simplest (in a good sense) --- technically and participatory --- would be to create a 'Happy Birthday from RayPeatForum' thread here on the Forum and let everyone contribute with some rules and a cut off time. Then, on the morning of 10/12 (PDT) the thread creator or a delegate could send Dr. Peat an email on behalf of RPF with a link to this thread.
What do you all think?

For the rules, I propose a limit on a number of words /characters + one attachment, so that it is all succinct and Dr. Peat is not overwhelmed reading love letters ;-). Any other 'rule' ideas?

Copying admins here to see whether this is technically possible and asking for their help for 'rule enforcement' , if we agree on this method of birthday greetings.
@Blossom @charlie Thanks!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I like this idea, and thank you @Peatful for starting gathering the ideas!

Perhaps, the simplest (in a good sense) --- technically and participatory --- would be to create a 'Happy Birthday from RayPeatForum' thread here on the Forum and let everyone contribute with some rules and a cut off time. Then, on the morning of 10/12 (PDT) the thread creator or a delegate could send Dr. Peat an email on behalf of RPF with a link to this thread.
What do you all think?

For the rules, I propose a limit on a number of words /characters + one attachment, so that it is all succinct and Dr. Peat is not overwhelmed reading love letters ;-). Any other 'rule' ideas?

Copying admins here to see whether this is technically possible and asking for their help for 'rule enforcement' , if we agree on this method of birthday greetings.
@Blossom @charlie Thanks!
That sounds like a great idea! Thank you @Peatful for reminding everyone of his birthday!

Dr. B

So Peat is a Libra. Makes sense.
his personality is the Libra? has Ray talked about astrology!
That’s next Tuesday the 12th.

In the past I have sent him snail mail- even better this year knowing he’s an analog kinda guy.

But im feeling more tender and sentimental this year. About him. About our future. About life.

What can I do; or what can we do to truly thank him?

All ideas welcome.
Anything outside the box.

That thread we made of all the OJ and coffee and potato cars was fun.

Any creative minds out there to inspire us/me? We dont have a ton of time....

how did you find his birthday! also which thread was with the potato cars, coffee etc

OP
Peatful

Peatful

OP
Peatful

Peatful

LoryEl

What do you think about something like this ? I think it is a bit longer than 10 secs but I will script it and shoot it again. Just wantd to get your takes on this. We need to organise faster people because 12 is around the corner :))) If you would like to add short movies like this dm me your e-mail address to invite you to the Drive share folder. I can add them to a single collage and add some music to the background
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xMgOlt4c_hbOt1vGJFhPDwb2YvR6mcJk/view?usp=sharing

OP
Peatful

Peatful

What do you think about something like this ? I think it is a bit longer than 10 secs but I will script it and shoot it again. Just wantd to get your takes on this. We need to organise faster people because 12 is around the corner :))) If you would like to add short movies like this dm me your e-mail address to invite you to the Drive share folder. I can add them to a single collage and add some music to the background
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xMgOlt4c_hbOt1vGJFhPDwb2YvR6mcJk/view?usp=sharing

Hi Lori

im at work- (and then hosting company tonight and tomorrow!)

I sent my card-
But think this is a great great idea

lampofred

Last minute but do we just want to make a thread where people can say happy birthday and write a sentence or two if they want and then someone can email him that thread like @Lejeboca suggested? Maybe @charlie could sticky it or something so people see it? And if enough people don't see it by tmrw (if it's not at least 3 pages or something) then the thread can just be deleted and not emailed to him.

Lejeboca

Last minute but do we just want to make a thread where people can say happy birthday and write a sentence or two if they want and then someone can email him that thread like @Lejeboca suggested? Maybe @charlie could sticky it or something so people see it? And if enough people don't see it by tmrw (if it's not at least 3 pages or something) then the thread can just be deleted and not emailed to him.

It's fine with me, of course. @charlie or @Blossom , could you please create such a thread. Thanks a million!

OP
Peatful

Peatful

Yes

Peater

Happy Birthday Ray, I would love to have been able to spend some time with you as the people who interviewed you did.

Back
Top Bottom