Ideas On Quieting The Mind On A Day Off

Velve921

I would love for people to throw out some ideas...

I’ve been going through a phase where I’ve been more devoted to learning where I’m at it 15 hours a day... therefore, the mind is wired and sleep is getting affected.

it’s all good stuff but I just need to step it back a bit.

So I’m focusing on 1 day a week where I really shut things down with phones, tablets, and reading. Trying to spend this day with friends, walks, spontanity, Epsom/baking soda/aspirin baths...

On the other 6 days I’m limiting learning via electronics to 9am-7pm... making the morning more about silence and the evenings as well.

Any other recommendations of things that people have found helpful?

Thanks in advance.

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
shinkataza style meditation, exercise and what you've already mentioned should suffice. Also, if you're going to be on your computer that much get one of those good amber filters that you put over the screen. I've done this ofr my online classes and couldn't reccomend it more

RealNeat

learn an instrument, fast for spiritual reasons unless your metabolism is severely shot, and even then you could benefit from lowered inflammation and endotoxin relief (might lead to an epiphany.) Ray chooses to paint, from my experience art and fasting go really well together.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

shinkataza style meditation, exercise and what you've already mentioned should suffice. Also, if you're going to be on your computer that much get one of those good amber filters that you put over the screen. I've done this ofr my online classes and couldn't reccomend it more

I will look into the amber filter today. Thank you for the thoughts my friend.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

learn an instrument, fast for spiritual reasons unless your metabolism is severely shot, and even then you could benefit from lowered inflammation and endotoxin relief (might lead to an epiphany.) Ray chooses to paint, from my experience art and fasting go really well together.

thanks for the thoughts.

I’ll think more about the art idea.

fasting is a no go... that’s actually what gave me issues that lead me to Dr. Peat

appreciate you chiming in.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

To add to this... is the amber filter just as powerful as the blue blocker glasses?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Most blue blocker glasses are worthless, esp. the Alibaba types of brands. I have good ones and I have to say I prefer the amber filter because of blue light coming in through the glasses' periphery

good to know. I’ve used blue blockers for years... but now excited to try the filter.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals