Ideas For Preventative Measures Against Knee Injuries?

TheGoogler

I'm curious what specifically could be focused upon for prevention of knee injuries such as a torn ACL and ligament tears in general. Are there any known preventative measures or supplementation that effectively lower chance of this particular type of injury?

gabys225

Use the joint in it's full range of motion to bring circulation to surrounding tissues.

bcopeland

Look up Z-Health and "dynamic joint mobility" I'd give a link to my website with a specific product that I use but that's probably against forum policy...

Taking the joint through it's full anatomical range of motion at all speeds and in various positions of your particular sport helps to:

1) Develop proprioceptive mapping which allows the brain to make better neuro-muscular firing patterns
2) Strengthens and thickens the connective tissues (joint capsules, tendons, ligaments)
3) Remodels existing scar tissue to become more supple so previous injuries don't come back to haunt you

I'm 41 and play indoor soccer with younger folks and I don't get the injuries that they all do because of my dedication to keeping my joints healthy using dynamic joint mobility.

Brian

I think there are elastic sleeves you can wear during sports that keep joints in place.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals