IdeaLabs Service - Mineral Analysis (hair and/or (toe)nail)

TheSir

Does this mineral ratio analysis seem right to folks?

These ratios seem to be derived from Lawrence Wilson's work. He and his colleagues have worked with tens of thousands of patients and from what I understand they are the leading pioneers in hair mineral analysis, so these ratios are probably the most accurate we currently have.

Comstock

These ratios seem to be derived from Lawrence Wilson's work. He and his colleagues have worked with tens of thousands of patients and from what I understand they are the leading pioneers in hair mineral analysis, so these ratios are probably the most accurate we currently have.
Good to hear, thank you

rijo

Hey friends, just got my analysis back. Some of these results seem baffling to me.

High in Uranium? Deficient in Titanium?

Any insight anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated! Btw, the main problem i'm facing right now is very, very low testosterone levels.

1656541577290.png

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hey friends, just got my analysis back. Some of these results seem baffling to me.

High in Uranium? Deficient in Titanium?

Any insight anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated! Btw, the main problem i'm facing right now is very, very low testosterone levels.

View attachment 38437

You are not "deficient" in titanium. There is no RDA for the elements listed under the "additional" category. All the result means your levels are lower than the range seen in a cohort of healthy people. Since titanium is actually a heavy metal and has no known physiological functions, I'd say your results are good news.

rijo

You are not "deficient" in titanium. There is no RDA for the elements listed under the "additional" category. All the result means your levels are lower than the range seen in a cohort of healthy people. Since titanium is actually a heavy metal and has no known physiological functions, I'd say your results are good news.
That makes sense, thank you. It is strange though because I have a permanent nickel-titanium retainer in my mouth.

Any idea why my Uranium levels could be that high? I don’t think I’ve been exposed to anything radioactive.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
That makes sense, thank you. It is strange though because I have a permanent nickel-titanium retainer in my mouth.

Any idea why my Uranium levels could be that high? I don’t think I’ve been exposed to anything radioactive.

Not sure where you live but we have been seeing elevated Uranium in many samples from people in North America. Probably due to fallout from nuclear testing done by the US govt in the 1950s and 1960s. For comparison, in people from Europe and Middle East, it is lead and aluminium are often elevated.

Inabruzzo

Forum Supporter
Hi @haidut, sorry if this question has been asked/answered, but my wife wants to know if this test will work with toenails that have been painted with toenail polish? Thanks!!

Smitty

Hi @haidut, sorry if this question has been asked/answered, but my wife wants to know if this test will work with toenails that have been painted with toenail polish? Thanks!!
From the description of the his HTMA sale page:

**DO NOT WASH THE NAIL/HAIR SAMPLES BEFORE SENDING**

NAIL ANALYSIS: For optimal results, please send ONLY nail samples from EACH BIG TOE. The sample(s) should be free of ANY nail polish, decorations/extensions, and/or other cosmetic/medical procedures. Ideally, the nails should not have had any nail polish or other cosmetic/medical procedures done on them for at least a week before harvesting them for analysis.

Inabruzzo

Forum Supporter
From the description of the his HTMA sale page:

**DO NOT WASH THE NAIL/HAIR SAMPLES BEFORE SENDING**

NAIL ANALYSIS: For optimal results, please send ONLY nail samples from EACH BIG TOE. The sample(s) should be free of ANY nail polish, decorations/extensions, and/or other cosmetic/medical procedures. Ideally, the nails should not have had any nail polish or other cosmetic/medical procedures done on them for at least a week before harvesting them for analysis.
You’re a Star @Smitty ! Thanks for the info and have a great 4th ⭐

Lejeboca

Here are my results of two tests side-by-side with ~3 months between the tests.
minTest1and2.jpeg

Things I've done to decrease the toxic load:
* Stopped sublingual Vitamin D supplementing. [Is Vitamin D Supplementation Even Neccessary]
* Started Glechoma Hederacea (ground ivy) fresh tops tincture 80% alcohol (5 drops daily in the morning)
* Stopped eating canned oysters.
* Started to eat more cooked greens (parsley and asparagus mostly).
* Started to supplement with Magnoil from Idealabs (3-4 drops 2-3x per week).

Going forward, still have to work on Al and Ti; I will decrease glechoma frequency to 2-3 times per week; reintroduce some seafood; I am getting UVB VitD now too.

Mossy

Here are my results of two tests side-by-side with ~3 months between the tests.

Things I've done to decrease the toxic load:
* Stopped sublingual Vitamin D supplementing. [Is Vitamin D Supplementation Even Neccessary]
* Started Glechoma Hederacea (ground ivy) fresh tops tincture 80% alcohol (5 drops daily in the morning)
* Stopped eating canned oysters.
* Started to eat more cooked greens (parsley and asparagus mostly).
* Started to supplement with Magnoil from Idealabs (3-4 drops 2-3x per week).

Going forward, still have to work on Al and Ti; I will decrease glechoma frequency to 2-3 times per week; reintroduce some seafood; I am getting UVB VitD now too.
What specific benefit were you looking for in stopping Vitamin D; and did you achieve it?
Also, I see you zinc went up after stopping canned oysters. Did you eat fresh oysters or anything else to raise the zinc?

Lejeboca

Hey @Mossy,
Stopping sublingual Vit D reduced or stopped the toxic metal gut absorption, see posts in the thread mentioned.
As "side effects", it stopped my non-specific TMJ-like pain overnight, another tooth infection is much more reduced, and a skin growth that I had since last summer on my chest fell of in two days.

Nope, I didn't do anything special (and didn't eat fresh oysters) for Zn. I think it went up slightly b/c it wasn't used as much to mitigate infection/inflammation, in my mouth, e.g.

tastyfood

Stopping sublingual Vit D reduced or stopped the toxic metal gut absorption, see posts in the thread mentioned.

Were you hoping to see Al go down by doing this and stopping the canned oysters? I have been using magnesium malate for a month, and will re-test in 2 months.

Lejeboca

Were you hoping to see Al go down by doing this and stopping the canned oysters? I have been using magnesium malate for a month, and will re-test in 2 months.
I stopped oysters not to interfere their high zinc content with copper absorption. And canned b/c I do not have access to other forms. To decrease Al, I was hoping that a silica-containing supp (horsetail herb) would reduce it but apparently not. I'd be interested in your mag-malate experiment please post.

I started increasing my malic acid intake from natural sources a bit (a few pears per week) too per Comparative effects of several chelating agents on the toxicity, distribution and excretion of aluminium - PubMed .
However, from this paper: "From the chelating agents tested, only malic acid, citric acid and DFOA partially effective in reducing the acute toxicity of aluminium. Notwithstanding, malic acid caused a significant increase in brain and bone aluminium concentration, and this may be considered a potentially harmful effect."
1657334117254.png

OliviaD

Depends on the person. Most women who do pedicure would probably say 3mm is not much. Depending on how big the toe is, smaller pieces may also suffice. We need 100mg-150mg of nail, so if the toe is big and the nail is say an inch wide, then a length of 2mm or even 1mm would suffice.
1. Oh - so it is by weight? So if I took the clippings from both big toes and they added up to 100-150 mgs, that would work? Perhaps the distribution from the 2 different locations would be a good thing.

2. What about hair color - I'm assuming that wouldn't work.

tastyfood

Oh - so it is by weight? So if I took the clippings from both big toes and they added up to 100-150 mgs, that would work? Perhaps the distribution from the 2 different locations would be a good thing.

Yes to this. My sample was 110mg on weight or so, measured with a precision scale.

Mossy

Hey @Mossy,
As "side effects", it stopped my non-specific TMJ-like pain overnight, another tooth infection is much more reduced, and a skin growth that I had since last summer on my chest fell of in two days.

Nope, I didn't do anything special (and didn't eat fresh oysters) for Zn. I think it went up slightly b/c it wasn't used as much to mitigate infection/inflammation, in my mouth, e.g.
Thank you. I'll look at the thread when I get a chance.

CoolTweetPete

I got a response from Peat. I asked a question about the Ca, Mg, Na, K, Cu, Se content which he ignored.

I then said this, "Also, the analysis showed very high levels of Lead, Titanium, Platinum, Strontium, Antimony, Rubidium, and Beryllium, but this might be a whole seperate issue altogether."

He responded with, "It’s good to consider whether the person has been exposed to unusual amounts of those, but I would also consider that there might be something wrong with the lab’s methods or standards."

I then asked a follow up in which I revealed that it was Georgi's lab, and then asked a specific question. He hasn't responded.

Has anyone else done this mineral analysis? I'd like to know if I can rely on these results as an indication that I have large amounts of heavy metals in my system or not. Inferring from Peat's response, it seems like my results would need to be verified somehow. I've already started some gentle chelation strategies just in case.

Eager to see your result s with the magnesium malate. My Al level also gave me a scare. I am implementing some changes as well. Good to know we can support each other with this data and observe for differences!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals