:bump2

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

NathanK

If I showed you my flaws. If I couldn't be strong. Tell me honestly, would you still love me the same... Ok, that was Adam Levine playing in the background.

Random story time.
I once knew a mountain of a man that stood at 6'4" and 260lbs. If you didn't know him, you would have thought he played linebacker and, if he chose, could ferociously clear any man in his path.

At 18, he was told by his father that he could be as great as him one day. And he believed it. That is who he wanted to become so he chose his father's career path. At first, he showed all of the promise of becoming the man he had always envisioned. He rose up the ladder of his organization. By the time he was 26, he had achieved more than what most men 15 years his senior had. Outside of his career, he had made millions buying real estate. It wasn't enough.

By the time he reached 30, there had grown a dark cloud that followed his every move. He couldn't escape it; no amount of achievement could shake the immovable force looming over him. He felt he still had not achieved what his father said he could become. He could not become his father.

One day, in a moment, it all became clear. He chose to end it all. He jumped over the railing of a moving ship. Deep into the dark abyss he was lost until the sun shone through the waves as he rose to the surface.

With the taste of salt on his lips, and the pounds of wet clothing dragging him down, he started to swim further and further until he would become too exhausted to go on.

Until the ship's lookout noticed something floating in the distance. He saw a needle in a haystack of open ocean.

Not waiting for his reconciliation, I was tasked to perform in a situation that had never been documented in US Navy history. Rescue a man that did not want to be saved.

Perceive. We approached and only then did our small boat crew notice that he did not want to be saved. Hostile even. 22 miles off the coast of Mexico. 8 foot seas. ******* sharks.
Think. There was no known technique or strategy to save a man who did not want to be rescued. In a moment, I had to create one.
Act. I was figuratively pissing in my wetsuit I was so scared. My partner had already jumped in the water 15 feet away using standard, predictable, and futile attempts to coax the man. I saw the distraction, snuck over the opposite side of a small boat and slid in the water. I cleared my mask and promptly surface dove 20 feet below, across the boat keel, and under the man. In the dark waters I guessed right and shot up directly behind him. Using the element of surprise, all 180lbs of me choked the man built like a brickhouse with my forearm and drug him all the way to the small boat.

I only knew his whole story later. Being a squid, I bumped into him at a strip club while watching a Mike Tyson fight a year later. Aside from him thanking me, all I remember him saying was, "Holy sh*t you're good. I had no idea where you came from. You saved my life". 18 years ago "Perceive, think, act" probably saved my life in as much as his.

The moral is that sometime the rigidity of structure, whether it be diet, life, personal growth, or what we're trained to do or be, needs to be rejected in order to find our Glory. Assess the situation for what it is in the moment, take inventory of your surroundings, perceive the outcome you want and potential obstacles, take right action, and finally, persevere. No matter how much it scares you.

There is no Peat diet. There's only Perceive, Think, and Act.

keith

In

keith

A poet I am not, but I'll make a go at a haiku for free stuff:

Free Idealabs Stuff
Gives me supplements at a
Price I can afford

keith

Apoologies to those of you who read that

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

bodacious

Argh—I goofed up when entering this in the form. Here's my haiku:

A body ravaged,
In need of love and repair,
and some low fat milk
—Bodacious​

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Ingenol

Dinitrophenol is neat,
It lets you turn up the heat,
Just use it with care,
You have to beware,
You don't cook yourself like you're meat!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:eek:

PhilParma

There once was a man from Nantucket,
Who had no cash left in his bucket.
So he put out his hand,
Pled "Estroban,"
But his name wasn't called, so **** it.