Idealabs Comments And Suggestions

haidut

Forum Supporter
How come (please correct me if I am wrong) you were hesitant in the past to talk about your sfa esters and go into depth like you have now? What has changed?

I was hesitant in the past because a few companies out there have started selling products that are obviously based on my lineup. It is hard to find a non-oily solvent for progesterone that allows for good transdermal absorption so I did not want to expose our method initially. In addition, we tried quite a few SFA esters before we settled down on these ones so I did not see any point on saying what the SFA esters are until we have something we are comfortable it works.
But over the last few weeks I have received a lot of hate mail, which I suspect comes from people who complained about DMSO in the past. The accusations are that since I am not divulging what those SFA esters are then I have something to hide. I don't, not everything is a massive conspiracy. Btw, I did mention in a few exchanges with other users on this forum that the SFA ester we use are a mix of myristic, stearic and octanoic acids. So, now I am providing the exact types and amounts in a drop of one of the products. Maybe it should have been done sooner...who knows. But I doubt the haters that email me or post on the other forums would be appeased no matter what I do :): So, at least now it's all in the open.

raypeatclips

I was hesitant in the past because a few companies out there have started selling products that are obviously based on my lineup. It is hard to find a non-oily solvent for progesterone that allows for good transdermal absorption so I did not want to expose our method initially. In addition, we tried quite a few SFA esters before we settled down on these ones so I did not see any point on saying what the SFA esters are until we have something we are comfortable it works.
But over the last few weeks I have received a lot of hate mail, which I suspect comes from people who complained about DMSO in the past. The accusations are that since I am not divulging what those SFA esters are then I have something to hide. I don't, not everything is a massive conspiracy. Btw, I did mention in a few exchanges with other users on this forum that the SFA ester we use are a mix of myristic, stearic and octanoic acids. So, now I am providing the exact types and amounts in a drop of one of the products. Maybe it should have been done sooner...who knows. But I doubt the haters that email me or post on the other forums would be appeased no matter what I do :): So, at least now it's all in the open.

Interesting, thanks for the clarification. I agree, some people just want to hate somebody, and nothing you can do can change that!

Wagner83

Thanks for the information. Has there been a marked improvement in potency with the new SFA esters compared to the other ones? When did you settle on the last ones?
not everything is a massive conspiracy.
We could hear this more on the forums.
But I doubt the haters that email me or post on the other forums would be appeased no matter what I do :): So, at least now it's all in the open.
One hates on your face now. Speaking of which, could you have candles or a magical item to keep some light on at the end of the podcasts?

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the information. Has there been a marked improvement in potency with the new SFA esters compared to the other ones? When did you settle on the last ones?

One hates on your face now. Speaking of which, could you have candles or a magical item to keep some light on at the end of the podcasts?

I am sure they do. You know, because that has nothing to do with me, and has everything to do with protecting others from my "evil" products:):
Yes, next time I will set the office lights on "always on" so that the motion detector does not kick in. I guess I am not moving much while speaking...

As far as settling on IPM - there are quite a few studies on using it as transdermal enhancer and it is one of the preferred enhancer for some commercially sold drugs. It has been used for decades and thus has good track record of safety. It is used in many/most commercial cosmetic formulations especially beauty products. We wanted a fatty-based solvent, one that would work well for steroids, and one that would dissolve well in ethanol and hopefully synergize with ethanol. We tried MCT, free fatty acids, and glycols, etc and IPM seemed to be the only one that fit the bill. The studies below show that it works well for testosterone and other steroids like progesterone, estradiol, hydrocortisone, etc so it seems to be good for most/all steroids. IPM and ethanol seem to both have penetration enhancing effects that synergize with each other and IPM seems to prevent ethanol evaporation. You see, ethanol is a great transdermal enhancer but the issue is that it evaporates really quickly. So, IPM seems to prevent that and allow ethanol's enhancing effects to manifest. In addition, both ethanol and IPM seem to work well as transdermal carriers for other non-steroid chemicals (see study on nisoldipine below), and given the simplicity of the IPM/ethanol mixtures, its well-known safety profile, and similarity (in principle) to the tocopherol (an alcohol) + MCT (oil) mixture, we went with that combo.

Effect of Isopropyl Myristate on Transdermal Permeation of Testosterone From Carbopol Gel. - PubMed - NCBI
"...The objective of the present study was to investigate the effect of isopropyl myristate (IPM) on the in vitro permeation of testosterone through human cadaver skin from carbopol gels. Six testosterone gel formulations were prepared using different IPM contents of 0%, 0.4%, 0.7%, 1%, 2%, and 3%. The gels were characterized for drug permeation, matrix morphology, pH, kinetics of ethanol evaporation, and viscosity. Mass balance studies were performed to estimate testosterone distribution among the compartments of diffusion cells. All formulations exhibited pH values of 5.1 and viscosities of 1.25-1.75 Pa.s depending on IPM contents. Under occlusive condition, testosterone flux was found to increase significantly (p < 0.05) by increasing IPM content. Gels containing 2% IPM exhibited 11-fold increase in flux compared with formulation devoid of IPM. Ethanol was found to have a synergistic effect with IPM in enhancing testosterone flux. Mass balance analysis showed that testosterone was in a saturated state in the skin. Conducting permeation experiments under nonocclusive condition was nondiscriminating because of the evaporation of alcohol and consequent precipitation of drugs. Based on demonstrated effect of IPM on product performance, the final IPM concentration should be controlled with minimal variation during manufacturing and shelf life of drug product."

Topical corticosteroid delivery into human skin using hydrofluoroalkane metered dose aerosol sprays. - PubMed - NCBI
"...Drug loaded hydrofluoroalkane (HFA) sprays can generate effective pharmaceutical formulations, but a deeper understanding of the manner in which these dynamic systems drive the process of in situ semi-solid dosage form assembly is required. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of the matrix assembly and composition on drug localisation in human skin. Comparing the characteristics of sprays constituting HFA 134a, ethanol (EtOH), poly(vinyl pyrrolidone) K90, isopropyl myristate (IPM), and poly(ethylene glycol) (PEG) demonstrated that the addition of non-volatile solvents acted to delay EtOH evaporation, control the degree of drug saturation (DS) and enhance the corticosteroid delivery from HFA spray formulations. In a dose matched skin penetration study the HFA sprays containing only EtOH as a co-solvent delivered 2.1 μg BMV (DS 13.5) into the tissue, adding IPM to the EtOH HFA delivered 4.03 μg BMV (DS 11.2), whist adding PEG to the EtOH HFA delivered 6.1 μg BMV (DS 0.3)."

Investigating transdermal delivery of vitamin D3. - PubMed - NCBI
"...The ointment containing oleic acid as chemical penetration enhancer did not improve delivery compared to control. On the other hand, the formulation containing dodecylamine as a penetration enhancer did improve the transdermal delivery of vitamin D3. However, statistical significance and an amount high enough for nutritional supplementation purposes were reached only when the skin was pretreated with 50% ethanol. In these conditions, the ointment delivered an amount of 760-ng vitamin D3 per cm(2) of skin. The research shows promise that transdermal delivery could be an effective administration route for vitamin D3 when ethanol and dodecylamine are used as penetration enhancers."

Vehicle effects on human stratum corneum absorption and skin penetration. - PubMed - NCBI
"...A significant vehicle effect was observed for chemical skin penetration and SC absorption. IPA resulted in the greatest levels of intact SC/SC lipid absorption, skin penetration, and total skin absorption/penetration of benzoic acid, followed by IPM and EtOH, respectively. For intact SC absorption and total skin absorption/penetration of butenafine, the vehicle that demonstrated the highest level of sorption/penetration was EtOH, followed by IPA and IPM, respectively. The percent doses of butenafine that were absorbed in SC lipid film and penetrated through skin in 24 h were greatest for IPA, followed by EtOH and IPM, respectively. The vehicle effect was consistent between intact SC absorption and total chemical skin absorption and penetration, as well as SC lipid absorption and chemical penetration through skin, suggesting intercellular transport as a main pathway of skin penetration for model chemicals. "

Transdermal Delivery of Nisoldipine: Refinement of Vehicles. - PubMed - NCBI
"...That was achieved initially by investigating the effect of vehicles on skin penetration. The tested vehicles were ranked with respect to transdermal flux of nisoldipine as isopropyl myristate > oleic acid > propylene glycol > water > polyethylene glycol 400. A combination of oleic acid with propylene glycol was synergistic with a ratio of 1:2 w/w being the best. These results were taken further to develop microemulsion systems using either oleic acid or isopropyl myristate as the oil phase. Both cases employed polyoxy-thylene sorbitan monooleate as a surfactant with propylene glycol being uti-ized as a cosurfactant in the case of oleic acid and ethanol in the case of isopropyl myristate. The developed microemulsions produced significant enhancement in nisoldipine transdermal delivery with the flux being even greater than that obtained from the corresponding pure vehicles. This achieve-ent was recorded in optimum microemulsion formulations which contained a cosurfactant. The study provided stepwise optimization of a vehicle for trans-ermal delivery of nisoldipine."

Last edited:
hey i'm someone who asked about sfa esters and i'm certainly happy to know the specific ones. i do not think you have ill intentions and I appreciate the products so far, for the most part. thanks haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
hey i'm someone who asked about sfa esters and i'm certainly happy to know the specific ones. i do not think you have ill intentions and I appreciate the products so far, for the most part. thanks haidut

Thanks for the nice words!
I did not have you mind, it is a small group of people who used to post here and then started their separate forum. Nothing wrong with criticism, and I don't expect our products to work for everybody. Let's see what they come up with next now that the SFA esters have been disclosed.

L

lollipop

+1 Not sure why so much of it exists here? Independent thinkers? I appreciate the willingness to think expansively and outside of the norm. And then suddenly things descend into heavy conspiracies.

haidut

Forum Supporter

It is on the list, but we have 2 other products to release before that. I guess in the meantime, people who can get minocycline or tetracycline powder can try dissolving a bit in ethanol, or even tocopherol and then applying on the skin.

Fractality

It is on the list, but we have 2 other products to release before that. I guess in the meantime, people who can get minocycline or tetracycline powder can try dissolving a bit in ethanol, or even tocopherol and then applying on the skin.

Estimated timeline? What are the other two products? Or should I wait and see given an imminent release?

Kibs

Haidut would love to see solban with taurine but I seen the past posts :(
How much taurine do you think would be good to add to the solban?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut would love to see solban with taurine but I seen the past posts :(
How much taurine do you think would be good to add to the solban?

We will probably only be able to dissolve about 50mg/ml, so I am not sure if that would even be high enough to see an effect. If you can do a test at home and let me know that would help decide.

nwo2012

+1 Not sure why so much of it exists here? Independent thinkers? I appreciate the willingness to think expansively and outside of the norm. And then suddenly things descend into heavy conspiracies.

Probably because once a person is truly awake they realise a lot of mainstream information is intentionally twisted by the ruling classes for control and profit. It then becomes difficult to believe anything isnt twisted/controlled.

Haidut thanks for the increased transparency. You cant please everyone all the time as they say.
I love all your products I've used so far.

Kibs

We will probably only be able to dissolve about 50mg/ml, so I am not sure if that would even be high enough to see an effect. If you can do a test at home and let me know that would help decide.

5g dissolves fine in the bottle, just takes time.

johnsmith

This might be the wrong place to ask this, but are there any Idealab supplements that aren't better off stored in the fridge? Im curious about Mitergoline, Lapodin, Lanosterol, Panquinone and TocoVit because I have had some of these bottles for almost a year now in my cupboard.

Fractality

This might be the wrong place to ask this, but are there any Idealab supplements that aren't better off stored in the fridge? Im curious about Mitergoline, Lapodin, Lanosterol, Panquinone and TocoVit because I have had some of these bottles for almost a year now in my cupboard.

Funny you should ask I came here this morning to ask the same thing. I wonder if I should store some of the products in the fridge since my closet shelf gets very warm in the summer. If so, which ones should I store in the fridge?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom