Idealabs Comments And Suggestions

Kasper

What about a supplement for diabetes? With 20 mg biotin and chromium?

haidut

Forum Supporter

Kasper

Okay, that is good to know about chromium! But then just a high dosage biotin may be interesting?

There is only 1 mg in energin, while the therapeutic effects of biotin for diabetes seems to be in the range of 20-30 mg right?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Okay, that is good to know about chromium! But then just a high dosage biotin may be interesting?

There is only 1 mg in energin, while the therapeutic effects of biotin for diabetes seems to be in the range of 20-30 mg right?

I try to stay away from isolated vitamin supplements as there are quite a few vendors that offer bulk powders for pennies on the pound. There is no point in me trying to compete with them. I try to release combination products that have unique benefits and also offer some legal protection if impostors decide to try and copy them.

Kasper

Okay, fair enough, but I think from a customer perspective, it is convenient to buy everything once every so much time from one place. Also if I recommend stuff to friends. Buy this sup from amazon, buy that thing from idealabs, buy that thing from bulk powder, then try to get some red lights from that place etc. etc. etc. I think it would be nice if there would be a shop where you can buy anything Ray Peat related. :D

haidut

Forum Supporter
Okay, fair enough, but I think from a customer perspective, it is convenient to buy everything once every so much time from one place. Also if I recommend stuff to friends. Buy this sup from amazon, buy that thing from idealabs, buy that thing from bulk powder, then try to get some red lights from that place etc. etc. etc. I think it would be nice if there would be a shop where you can buy anything Ray Peat related. :D

Understood, I am certainly considering it. I just have to find a way to make a high-dose topical biotin suplpement that can deliver 15mg+ in a single dose. That vitamin is not easy ti dissolve...but I will do what I can.

keith

I would love to see allithiamine offered in reasonable amounts (bulk powder is fine). I am considering buying the 250 grams from Renaissance, but it is not cheap at $184.50, and would be almost a 7 year supply at 100 mg daily, which seems to be plenty (per dose). If I thought it would really last 7 years, I might not be so hesitant, as that isn't a bad price for a 7 year supply, but I'm afraid it will solidify or degrade after a year or two, if not before then. Smaller bags of, say 10, 20, or 50 grams would be fantastic. If you sold 50 gram bags for $50, you would make $65.50 profit (minus 10 minutes or so labor, dividing it up + whatever baggies cost +/- $1, I would guess) even if you couldn't get a better bulk price than what Renaissance offers. I don't think I'm the only one who would be interested.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I would love to see allithiamine offered in reasonable amounts (bulk powder is fine). I am considering buying the 250 grams from Renaissance, but it is not cheap at $184.50, and would be almost a 7 year supply at 100 mg daily, which seems to be plenty (per dose). If I thought it would really last 7 years, I might not be so hesitant, as that isn't a bad price for a 7 year supply, but I'm afraid it will solidify or degrade after a year or two, if not before then. Smaller bags of, say 10, 20, or 50 grams would be fantastic. If you sold 50 gram bags for $50, you would make $65.50 profit (minus 10 minutes or so labor, dividing it up + whatever baggies cost +/- $1, I would guess) even if you couldn't get a better bulk price than what Renaissance offers. I don't think I'm the only one who would be interested.

Thanks Keith. Anybody else interested in allithiamine? If there is enough interest I can try to find another bulk supplier as that vendor sells at retail prices.

NathanK

Have you considered creating an oral-care product? I believe there is a market for it. It could comprise theobromine, to strengthen enamel, lauricidin, to control bacteria, and a gentle abrasive, to remove tartar (if it will be a toothpaste). There is a place, also, for glycine, and perhaps K2 could play his part. If we vote for flavors, I cast one for orange (maybe the healthful orange oils or flavonoids could help the mouth) and another for wintergreen (as methyl salicylate, whose salicylate could be attractive).
I would definitely want some nanohydroxyapatite in that oral product. It's probably hard to source. Enamel surface remineralization: Using synthetic nanohydroxyapatite

Tarmander

Thanks Keith. Anybody else interested in allithiamine? If there is enough interest I can try to find another bulk supplier as that vendor sells at retail prices.

I would try it out. Would prefer if it was in bulk form, like a powder, with a small mark up for your trouble.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I would try it out. Would prefer if it was in bulk form, like a powder, with a small mark up for your trouble.

OK, thanks for responding everybody.

keith

I'm interested, is there any research or anecdotal reports available?
Thanks.

If you search the forum under thiamine, you find lots of studies. Most of the studies use an injected form. Allithiamine is a fat soluble form of thaimine that is able to raise blood levels of thiamine far more effectively than oral thiamine hcl, apparently to a level equivalent to that acheived with intravenous injection. It is speculated that, because of this, that oral allithiamine will produce results closer to the results achieved by intravenous administration in the studies than oral hcl would.

Anecdotal: for me, the goal is to use it to raise co2 levels, as thiamine has been shown to be an effective carbonic anhydrase inhibitor. Although there appear to be lots of other potential benefits to increased co2 levels, my particular purpose is for treatment of sleep apnea. I read in the past that Peat has suggested acetazolamide for sleep apnea, and read that thaiamine can be just as potent a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor as acetazolamide (there is a post on this, but not sure how to link to it), so I decided to try it instead. Thiamine HCL is relatively cheap, and doesn't require a prescription or ordering from abroad, so I loaded up on that to try it out, and noticed a significant difference in sleep quality with doses of 300-500 mg 2-3 times per day (I worked my way up to 500; I shoot for 3x a day, but sometimes forget, and too much at once gives me a headache, so if I forget, I skip it). My hope is that allithiamine will be more effective and require less frequent dosing.

Drareg

If you search the forum under thiamine, you find lots of studies. Most of the studies use an injected form. Allithiamine is a fat soluble form of thaimine that is able to raise blood levels of thiamine far more effectively than oral thiamine hcl, apparently to a level equivalent to that acheived with intravenous injection. It is speculated that, because of this, that oral allithiamine will produce results closer to the results achieved by intravenous administration in the studies than oral hcl would.

Anecdotal: for me, the goal is to use it to raise co2 levels, as thiamine has been shown to be an effective carbonic anhydrase inhibitor. Although there appear to be lots of other potential benefits to increased co2 levels, my particular purpose is for treatment of sleep apnea. I read in the past that Peat has suggested acetazolamide for sleep apnea, and read that thaiamine can be just as potent a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor as acetazolamide (there is a post on this, but not sure how to link to it), so I decided to try it instead. Thiamine HCL is relatively cheap, and doesn't require a prescription or ordering from abroad, so I loaded up on that to try it out, and noticed a significant difference in sleep quality with doses of 300-500 mg 2-3 times per day (I worked my way up to 500; I shoot for 3x a day, but sometimes forget, and too much at once gives me a headache, so if I forget, I skip it). My hope is that allithiamine will be more effective and require less frequent dosing.

I have taken regular thiamine and found it very good every now and again. For me it feels like the clock slows down when I take it, probably just getting more done.

Will allithiamine effect potassium ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom