Ideal Snacks For Peating For Those NOT On Thyroid

Jsaute21

For those of us not on thyroid that have some hypo symptoms, what are generally thought of as ideal snacks? I am damn near always hungry and need a lot of food to optimally function, especially because i lift heavy weights and have an active job. Some of my snacks currently are:

• talenti vanilla gelato. Ingredients are good besides carob gum. I still feel good after i eat it.
  • Lindt 85% Dark chocolate. Not processed with Alkali like the 90%.
  • Cheese sticks
  • Potato chips cooked in coconut oil
  • Fruit and salt
  • Milk and Walkers shortbread cookies

thegiantess

Not sure why thyroid meds affect what kind of snacks you eat... I eat on the low fat side of things so my snacks tend to be dried fruit of all kinds, fresh fruit, sourdough bread, sprouted grain tortilla with low fat cheese, canned oysters drained of oil with crackers, frozen yogurt, jerky, jello, gummy candy, assorted muffins that I make...

OP
J

Jsaute21

Good list @thegiantess. Thyroid meds don't affect what snacks you should eat..however due to providing essential hormones they tend to increase the amount of time one can comfortably go without eating. My point was that I am always hungry ha.

thegiantess

Good list @thegiantess. Thyroid meds don't affect what snacks you should eat..however due to providing essential hormones they tend to increase the amount of time one can comfortably go without eating. My point was that I am always hungry ha.
Oh I see. I too am always hungry which is a factor of my activity level. I graze all day and eat a large meal at night when I have time to sit down.

dbh25

I eat a bunch of fruit- I think these are ones I have on the high calorie side of the spectrum- medjool dates, bananas, mangoes. I lift weights as well, I always eat eggs on a workout day.

milk_lover

Coconut oil, OP, is a good thyroid enhancer. Whenever I have a chance, I make sure to eat a tablespoon. It's hydrogenated, so less PUFA, and not allergenic. Milk and coke are practical if you are at work. And then eat a big lunch with protein source and some carb.

OP
J

Jsaute21

Thanks @milk_lover. Milk, good quality dark chocolate, coke, etc have been great. I have been cooking strictly with good butter and coconut oil.

milk_lover

Thanks @milk_lover. Milk, good quality dark chocolate, coke, etc have been great. I have been cooking strictly with good butter and coconut oil.
Yeah the more I stay away from PUFA, the more I become happy and positive about life. I think all Peat followers think PUFA is enemy number 1. Starch, fermented food, raw salad, legumes could be debatable.

Have you tried heating up pure cocoa powder with milk and coffee and sugar? It's delicious stuff!

tara

and if you have time for preparation:
cheesecake
fruit juice jelly
Both of these can be frozen if you make a big batch.

Velve921

I'm always on my feet coaching at work. I sip on the following over 7-9 hours:

Gelatin
Cane sugar
Coconut oil
Coffee
Kalona Milk

This could be the most powerful energy enhancing snack I've found thus far.

On game days I could going from 7am-11pm. I'll have a break for lunch and I'll go to Whole Foods for oysters; but for 16 hours I could be sipping mainly on the above combination with nibbling on some oranges.

OP
J

Jsaute21

@Such_Saturation I realize starch is frowned upon on this thread but i do not have that experience. I find potatoes to be useful for energy.

L

lollipop

Curious @Such_Saturation. I want to make sure I understand correctly. When it hits bacteria, the fat laden starch slows transit time and increases endotoxin?

L

lollipop

For me, I think it dissolves endotoxin and it floods your system...
Okay interesting. Thank you. Never considered that angle - now you have me thinking. I do not eat chips and wondering if you think it happens with other forms of potatoe consumption, non-fried.

Kyle Bigman

I am always confused about thyroid. Like, do most of you take thyroid even without being diagnosed with thyroid disease? It is the last thing I have to try but there are things that make me worried about it.

OP
J

Jsaute21

I am always confused about thyroid. Like, do most of you take thyroid even without being diagnosed with thyroid disease? It is the last thing I have to try but there are things that make me worried about it.
I felt the same way for a long time and was extremely hesitant to ingest a foreign hormone into my body. It weirded me out and almost felt like admitting defeat. Then i decided to give it a try, and it has aided my recovery process quite substantially. What's cool about it is how subtle the effects are if you dose properly. There are other surrogates such as good vitamins, eating enough protein & good carbs, caffeine etc. but taking t3 for me has very limited side effects and almost always facilitates a metabolism boost. Cynomel is the best supplement I have ever used.

Back
Top Bottom