Ideal Macronutrient Ratio - 22y/o Male, 175 Lbs

fever257

Hey everyone,

So I've recently upped my total caloric intake up around 1000-1500 calories. I am a male, 6'1, 175 lbs, pretty lean and need to increase my energy intake. I have low thyroid and am overcoming some gut issues, so I cannot consume starches, gluten, PUFA's of any kind, or other foods antithetical to the Peat ideology.

Prior to this, I was eating as little fat as possible and eating carbs at a 3:1 ratio with protein.

Now, I'll soon be aiming for 3500 calories daily, and I want to ensure that I'm as optimal with this number as possible. With that being said, what should my ideal macronutrient intake be per day?

There are a lot of different opinions on this subject in the community. Personally, I'd like carbohydrates to be at least 50%, and to consume more protein than fat. I wouldn't be against having fat and protein be equal though. So going off of those recommendations, my macros would look something like...

437.5g carbohydrates / 1750 calories
97.222 g fats / 875 calories
218.75g protein / 875 calories

Do these look like solid, peaty ratios? I am open to opinions and, in this case, conjecture. I want to feel more confident about the numbers so that my diet is more intentional and deliberate.

Thank you in advance everyone!

~ fever

Jessie

Depends on your goals. At your age and size 3,500 calories would definitely be in the "bulking" catagory. If you're trying to put on muscle these ratio are probably fine, but you'll end up putting on some bodyfat as well.

Also it's going to be really hard not getting "PUFA's of any kind" while eating 97 grams of fat, unless it's all from hydrogenated coconut oil.

The macros that work best for me at increasing thyroid function is a highcarb/modprotein/lowfat diet. Roughly 77% carbs, 15% protein, 8% fat. I've found keeping lypolisis and gluconeogenesis low is the only way it really works for me.

lampofred

I think 3 grams of carbs for 2 grams of protein along with fat on the lower side, only for taste, is the ideal. I think that ratio is what maximizes testosterone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals