Idea Labs Hair Test for Androgens

Risingfire

Hi everyone, see attached. In the last 6 months, I've taken androsterone, keto dht, thyroid and youth associated hormones. My numbers are sky high. Has anyone else experienced this?

@haidut are these numbers possible?

Attachments

• Risingfire Test Results.pdf
    144.5 KB · Views: 370

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi everyone, see attached. In the last 6 months, I've taken androsterone, keto dht, thyroid and youth associated hormones. My numbers are sky high. Has anyone else experienced this?

Pregnenolone and progesterone as well? Funny they don't even show up at all. Were you stressed at all a few months before that stress?

tastyfood

At least you don't seem to be aromatizing. My androgens were high in this test, but so was estrone, and corticosterone.

OP
R

Risingfire

What were the doses that you were using of all the hormones?
1.5 grains of thyroid(Cynoplus) daily split up

200 mgs Androsterone & 200 mgs Epiandrosterone(Steel supplements) for 6 six weeks

Keto DHT 2-4 mgs when I wasn't taking Andro

10 mgs Preg, 5 mgs Dhea, 5 mgs Prog

tastyfood

I believe the T3, Keto DHT and progesterone were responsible for this

Responsible for your high androgen results you mean? My test showed sky high progesterone, and yes, I was taking quite a lot of progrest-e. I have dialed back since then.

RealNeat

Responsible for your high androgen results you mean? My test showed sky high progesterone, and yes, I was taking quite a lot of progrest-e. I have dialed back since then.
Topical or ingesting?

OP
R

Risingfire

Those 3 substances are reliable for reducing cortisol and estrogen

Hans

Forum Supporter
1.5 grains of thyroid(Cynoplus) daily split up

200 mgs Androsterone & 200 mgs Epiandrosterone(Steel supplements) for 6 six weeks

Keto DHT 2-4 mgs when I wasn't taking Andro

10 mgs Preg, 5 mgs Dhea, 5 mgs Prog
Applying something topically can have a very long half-life. In this study (R), they gave men 50mg DHEA topically for 5 days. After 5 weeks their androstenedione was still going up. The half-life in hair will likely be even longer (and higher). We have no data on how oral DHEA affects DHEA levels in hair, but DHEA (and other androgens such as androsterone) can form esters with fat and be stored for a long time.

OP
R

Risingfire

Applying something topically can have a very long half-life. In this study (R), they gave men 50mg DHEA topically for 5 days. After 5 weeks their androstenedione was still going up. The half-life in hair will likely be even longer (and higher). We have no data on how oral DHEA affects DHEA levels in hair, but DHEA (and other androgens such as androsterone) can form esters with fat and be stored for a long time.
If my levels were this supraphysiological, don't you think I would be very ripped and have incredible stamina?

Hans

Forum Supporter
If my levels were this supraphysiological, don't you think I would be very ripped and have incredible stamina?
Although steroids can help with fat loss, it's really not that big of a deal. DHT like steroids will make you harder and make you look leaner. Also, androsterone is a weak androgen. So even though you took 200mg, it's really low compared to T and even T isn't that great for fat loss.

Did you also look at serum T and DHT?

OP
R

Risingfire

Although steroids can help with fat loss, it's really not that big of a deal. DHT like steroids will make you harder and make you look leaner. Also, androsterone is a weak androgen. So even though you took 200mg, it's really low compared to T and even T isn't that great for fat loss.

Did you also look at serum T and DHT?
No, I haven't gotten a blood test for those in quite a while. My muscles look great but I want to be 10% body fat. I've been reducing caloric intake slowly over time. What is the best substance for fat loss in your opinion?

haidut

Forum Supporter

Sure, based on the info you provided on what you are using as supplements, the results make sense. Btw, we found a reference range for androsterone and it is 0.33 - 20.2 pg/mg, so your result for androsterone is 10+ higher than the upper limit, which matches the high androsterone dosage you are using. The high T could be due to the progesterone/DHEA you have used. As I mentioned in another thread, I know a competitive bodybuilder in Europe who basically stopped taking T injections b/c he found out, as per our suggestion, that a progesterone/DHEA combo in a ratio of 10:1 worked virtually the same as his T injections. I think he is taking 15mg DHEA and 150mg progesterone daily and has kept his large muscles and looks like he is still taking T. So, my guess is that a good amount of that progesterone/DHEA is converting into T in his case, and possibly in yours as well.
The other good news is that the results seem to confirm the hypothesis that androsterone is a VERY good precursor to DHT. The DHT levels are absolutely off the charts and are in the ballpark of the T levels, while in physiological situations (without supplementation) DHT levels are not only much lower, but usually only 1/10 of the T levels.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals