ICU Nurse Speaks Out

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
iu

sweetpeat

That's a shame about the organs being wasted instead of donated. Or is there a legitimate reason the organs of someone who dies of Covid can't be used? Anyone know?

tankasnowgod

That's a shame about the organs being wasted instead of donated. Or is there a legitimate reason the organs of someone who dies of Covid can't be used? Anyone know?

She didn't even mention COVID in regards to organ donation.

sweetpeat

She didn't even mention COVID in regards to organ donation.
Ok, I must have misunderstood. I thought she meant they weren't using the organs because it was assumed everyone had Covid. But she meant they aren't doing organ transplants in general, along with just about any other kind of care unless it's related to the virus. Although I do know of a couple people who had babies in the hospital recently so it seems they still provide maternity care.

OP
E
Well that's certainly true here in the UK,
I am still waiting for an urgent quadruple bypass surgery since February.
I'm very scared and stressed most of the time and the lockdown just makes things so much worse
this I presume is detrimental to my heart health

Peater Piper

That's shocking, I'm sorry you're being forced to wait. That seems serious enough to deserve priority. I'm in the U.S., and many elective procedures have been postponed here. My father's having angioplasty performed on his leg tomorrow. They said it was too serious to wait. It's being performed at a clinic that specializes in the procedure rather than a hospital, so that may be why the operation is going forward.

OP
E
@Peater Piper
Thank you for your concern,, I had a heart attack on Christmas Eve and angiogram showd
ALL previous stents BLOCKED.
Only option left for me is quadruple bypass.
I can only assume there's lots of people in the same boat, so this virus will cause a whole lot of other deaths as well.

Ania

Well that's certainly true here in the UK,
I'm very scared and stressed most of the time and the lockdown just makes things so much worse
this I presume is detrimental to my heart health
I am very sorry to hear in what situation you are.
I hope everything turnus out ok.
I see you have been member of RP forum for quite a long time. I suppose you have tried all possible preventive measures found here. Like Vit K, aspirin, thyroid, low PUFA. Didn't it help to prevent the progress of CVD?
Sorry for asking, but my husband had a stent 2 years ago. His cholesterol is consistently very high. We opt for not taking statins. Thyroid is not lowering his cholesterol. His cardiologist keeps telling that if does not take statins he will die. Could you please share some more details if it is not too much? Maybe I could PM you?
Keep my fingers crossed.

I am very sorry to hear in what situation you are.
I hope everything turnus out ok.
I see you have been member of RP forum for quite a long time. I suppose you have tried all possible preventive measures found here. Like Vit K, aspirin, thyroid, low PUFA. Didn't it help to prevent the progress of CVD?
Sorry for asking, but my husband had a stent 2 years ago. His cholesterol is consistently very high. We opt for not taking statins. Thyroid is not lowering his cholesterol. His cardiologist keeps telling that if does not take statins he will die. Could you please share some more details if it is not too much? Maybe I could PM you?
Keep my fingers crossed.

In regard to cholesterol,Choline and lecithines are needed for cholesterol-handling,and Vitamin C also.