Icing/Cooling My Testicles Has Been AMAZING!

Makrosky

Periodically checking CNN to see when this becomes a viral news...”a fringe internet community of followers of a Mexican cult leader Ray Peat has exploded with emergency rooms visits after the leader had called on his followers to ice their testicles as way to excort what he refers to as “Poofah demons”. More on this from Don Lemon...”
LOOOOOLlll

Philjay

My pulse dropped.
It was 59 on starting and 52 on finish, I some how expected it to rise.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
My pulse dropped.
It was 59 on starting and 52 on finish, I some how expected it to rise.
There's something really obscure going on here. I notice the same thing. Could it be lowering CORTISOL/TEST ratio?

I am going to be making an exclusive FB group dedicated to icing balls, as crazy as it may sound, I am going to do it because I would love more guys to know about it.

The reason keeping the testicles cool increases sperm count/fertility is because sperm cells naturally are built with a very very high concentration of n-3 fatty acids, like DHA. These high levels of membrane DHA increases the fluidity and mobility of the sperm membranes, and allows them to do their job. DHA has extremely high molecular motion and I believe having DHA enriched membranes allows the flagella to rotate extremely fast. This is important for fast fertilization of the ovum. Basically, in order to have extremely fast sperm cells, they needed to be enriched with DHA. Fast sperm cells are a pretty big advantage where it absolutely counts in terms of having children.

Lipids of the sperm plasma membrane: from polyunsaturated fatty acids considered as markers of sperm function to possible scavenger therapy. - PubMed - NCBI
Membrane lipid dynamics during human sperm capacitation. - PubMed - NCBI
(Sperm membrane composition in humans): Effects of smoking on fatty acid composition of phospholipid sperm membrane and the malondialdehyde levels in human seminal plasma. - PubMed - NCBI
Sperm motility and viability is associated with n-3 PUFA/DHA, and antioxidants, in Boars: Lipid profiles of sperm and seminal plasma from boars having normal or low sperm motility. - PubMed - NCBI
Lipid Heterogeneity and Membrane Fluidity in a Highly Polarized Cell, the Mammalian Spermatozoon
https://www.hindawi.com/journals/aandrol/2014/190542/
Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids in Male and Female Reproduction 1 | Biology of Reproduction | Oxford Academic
https://www.duo.uio.no/bitstream/handle/10852/11394/PUFA_testis.pdf?sequence=1
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0955286394900043?showall=true

There are a ton of studies on this, way more than I linked. This has been known for a while, and proves that PUFA has at least some important uses. Notice how lower n-3 PUFA leads to lower sperm viability, the more saturated the less viable.

This also explains naked mole rat sperm. Naked mole rats have extremely sluggish sperm cells, many of them are just completely useless and sit around doing nothing. Naked mole rats also live 9 times longer than rats their size. They also have 1/9th the level of DHA in their mitochondria. There has been a lot written about this. Could their low membrane DHA be the reason for their faulty sperm?

The rubbish sperm of the naked mole rat - Not Exactly Rocket Science
Naked mole rats make deformed, sluggish sperm
Sperm structure and motility in the eusocial naked mole-rat, Heterocephalus glaber: a case of degenerative orthogenesis in the absence of sperm competition?

Now of course, DHA is extremely extremely fragile, and is prone to oxidation. And one of the biggest dangers for polyunsaturated fats, especially for n-3s, is heat. So it makes sense why testicles are on the outside of the body, and in nature before clothing would have been kept cool (but no longer). And so wearing clothes puts thermal pressure on the sperm and for many men, it's too much, and the sperm auto-oxidize.

So keeping the testicles cool should improve sperm counts pretty drastically. Anti-oxidants like ascorbate, tocopherol(s), glutathione, and aspirin should also help, to some extent, some studies have shown this to have no effect though, due to the lack of supplementation having an effect on antioxidant levels in seminal fluid.

I have read that humans are also unique with our sperm - we have extremely low levels of viable sperm compared to other animals. This could be due to the clothing we wear, or any other environmental effects, or due to the fact that humans have low DHA levels (similar to naked mole rat), leading to slow and broken sperm.

Now, for the effects of heat on testosterone production, I will have to read more, but it might be that toxic PUFA peroxidation by products due to heat could possibly lower testosterone synthesis. This has some interesting ideas: Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids in Male Ruminant Reproduction — A Review

Lastly, I am still trying to figure out why fructose is the preferred energy source for sperm cells. Could it be that fructose allows them to burn energy without creating superoxide, preventing them from peroxidation?

Wagner83

Interesting, Ray has said he wouldn't mess with topical fats (or any solvent) on the scrotum as he wouldn't want to change the fatty acids composition down there.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Just legit tried this since I don't actually frequent bars or drink much, and thus have plenty of time for possibly wacky self-experimentation. Did 10 minutes. Almost bed time so brain fog was setting in but within about 30 sec my alertness and mental clarity went to 11/10. Whoa. Wondering if I will be able to fall asleep because I feel like I should start a new project. Was not uncomfortable aside from where ice pack was touching my thigh and overall body started to feel very warm and even hot. Not sure about the other effects, but I would definitely consider trying this on the morning of a big presentation or something. Seems a lot like the energization you get from a cold shower.

Hey man, That's outstanding.
Have you been consistent with this practice?
I read studies showing that significant results are achieved after 12 weeks, which makes sense because it takes 72 days for a sperm cell to fully mature and develop.

Stan

What a joke of a thread. Icing your balls doesn't do ***t for increasing test. Nor does cold showers. You may "feel better" but it has nothing to do with test.

It's called placebo.

KyleKingsly

I sent my brilliant pre-med friend information about this (he got an A+ in endocrinology), and this is what he had to say: "Don't think it will harm, but there's no point in just icing your balls randomly. Maybe have a cooling pack or something on it when you're doing activities that are going to raise the temperature, such as driving, etc..."

I'm inclined to be a skeptical about this, but I figure it won't hurt at least. I've been trying it for the past few nights, just putting an ice pack down there as my balls do tend to get pretty warm and kinda sweaty after I sit around for a while researching how to take over the world via biohacking, hehe.

Idk if it'll actually boost T but having more, better sperm is never a bad thing and does seem to be somewhat correlated with T.

Wolf

Interesting, Ray has said he wouldn't mess with topical fats (or any solvent) on the scrotum as he wouldn't want to change the fatty acids composition down there.
Quote? I'm actually getting pretty good results

Ulysses

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 2.37.50 pm.png

Pretty blown away by the results...

If anyone is interested in joining my facebook group, feel free:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 2.37.50 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 2.37.50 pm.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 89

Sobieski

I think the benefits you are experiencing aren't due to the 2 point difference in test. It's too small a fluctuation imho.

Herbie

It doesn't make sense that Russians would do this due to their geographical location.

Ulysses

x-ray peat

I would bet that ball massage would also increase testosterone due to increased blood flow. There is a woman's movement called orgasmic meditation which gets guy volunteers to massage their clits in a non-sexual way. Maybe we can start something similar. Could post this to the RPF women's thread as a test market.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom