Ice Cream Gets Me Fat Quick, Why Is That?

K

Kratos

I’ve been having a lot of ice cream the past week and my stomach and chest have actually grown in that time in a very noticeable way, like I actually have decent size breasts now. So it must be the fat content because a lot of calories, sugar and regular milk doesn't do that to me. Do I have to go on a low fat diet because my body looks like it can’t process fat?

RWilly

Endotoxins get absorbed during saturated fat absorption if you have a lot of gram negative bacteria in the gut.

OP
K

Kratos

Yes i have an endotoxin problem, how to fix?

cyclops

I think you hit it on the head with the fat content. I've been peating for years, so I don't think I have an endotoxin problem, but whenever I start consuming lots of fat in my diet, I get fat, simple as that. The fat you eat is the fat you wear seems applicable to me, at least.

redsun

I’ve been having a lot of ice cream the past week and my stomach and chest have actually grown in that time in a very noticeable way, like I actually have decent size breasts now. So it must be the fat content because a lot of calories, sugar and regular milk doesn't do that to me. Do I have to go on a low fat diet because my body looks like it can’t process fat?

Its not because of the fat content and its not the sugar content either. Its the combination of sugar and fat with low protein. Low protein lowers satiation. A high fat/sugar low protein junk diet is a very quick way to get fat. Icecream embodies tasty high calorie, low protein category.

Restricting either sugar or fat by eating whole foods options which are more satiating than junk food helps prevent weight gain, its not just because of the fat. Though restricting fat is less anti-thyroid.

alephx

Yeah man the raw carrot will help. Also think the butyric acid in butter helps good bacteria grow in your GI tract

OP
K

Kratos

Thanks for the replies, and i eat haagen dazs.

Waynish

I think it is too cold to be considered a health food for most people that are trying to heal. Of course it is way better than nothing (and typical junk food) if you're in need of calories.

Ableton

getting fatter on fat is a sign that your body can process fat, not that it can't. given that you are in a caloric + ofc
when i could not process fat i just shat it out tbh

Last edited:

Search engine generated results for chocolate haagen dazs show 21 grams of fat per 100. This is more than full fat ground beef in the Netherlands contains. Either time your higher fat foods in different meals than ones which heavily spike insulin or, if you choose to spike insulin every time, lower fat across the board.

The type of dairy that Dr. Peat consumed a lot of was a lower fat variety (1-2 quarts of 1-2% fat milk I believe).

I like to choose lower fat types of ice cream and eat it with thiamine, magnesium, gelatin, and aspirin. If you are going to dump truckloads of refined carbs into your belly, it may be wise to also provide some tools for your body to deal efficiently with them. Instead of ice cream you can also choose to eat 0% fat greek yogurt (or kwark or skyr) with honey and fruit. Honestly, how much worse will that taste?

Last edited:

BingDing

I think ice cream has some kind of unrecognized factor to it. For most of my life eating ice cream has prompted a strong compulsive response. I was a teenager 50 years ago when Rocky Road came out. It was heavenly, I remember eating a half gallon of it in one sitting. I was nauseous at the end but couldn't stop eating; it was insane.

I have to suspect there is some hormone/neurotransmitter/micro nutrient imbalance in play. Lord alone knows what it is.

thomas00

I think it is too cold to be considered a health food for most people that are trying to heal. Of course it is way better than nothing (and typical junk food) if you're in need of calories.

it doesn't stay cold for long after it goes in your mouth

Waynish

it doesn't stay cold for long after it goes in your mouth

Ya but that argument can be used against the reductionistic view too: "molecule XYZ starts being metabolized in the mouth, so isn't the same from then on..."

Dr. B

Endotoxins get absorbed during saturated fat absorption if you have a lot of gram negative bacteria in the gut.

why/how does that occur, i thought Peat has said several times that the saturated fattys acids have a germicidal, anti bacterial effect. shouldnt they reduce endotoxin? why does saturated fat specifically increase endotoxin absorption? pufa doesnt?

RWilly

Dr. B