Ice Cream For Breakfast Makes You Smarter, Japanese Scientist Claims

L

lollipop

Somehow this makes me smile :): I put about one ounce in my fruit smoothie in the morning for breakfast. Good stuff.

TubZy

I'm assuming due to the sugar and saturated fat suppressing the high cortisol response in the morning? I heart ice cream....

Makrosky

I'm assuming due to the sugar and saturated fat suppressing the high cortisol response in the morning? I heart ice cream....
I thought about the same. But of course quick glucose delivery to the brain improves mental performance.

Anyway that would depend on if you're running on cortisol or not. If you are hypo then the ice cream could leave you even more dumb.

Wagner83

Not sure what would be the advantage of ice cream over other forms of sugar.

Lilac

A few years back, a friend and I went out for a birthday lunch. Both of us had lost weight with low-carbing, so we shared a dish of gelato for dessert. I remember remarking something along the lines that it was so delicious and "it makes my brain light up." I thought this was a bad thing back then. You'd get addicted...and then fat! The brain-lighting-up part wasn't valuable, just dangerous.

There is definitely something special about ice cream. Ever since reading Ray's comment that sometimes a milk shake is all you need to get the T3 going, I have even less guilt when I feel a craving for it.

zztr

Decent ice cream is expensive and actually a bit of a pain to find these days. Usually haagendazs is the only option. Just dump some maple syrup in whole milk.

Let Go

Decent ice cream is expensive and actually a bit of a pain to find these days. Usually haagendazs is the only option. Just dump some maple syrup in whole milk.
Maple syrup on ice cream is better

TubZy

Just make your own? Super cheap. I do all the time..1 egg yolk, 2 cups milk, 1 cup sugar, little bit of cream, little bit of vanilla...done..plus you get the micro-nutrients from the egg yolk.

raypeatclips

Just make your own? Super cheap. I do all the time..1 egg yolk, 2 cups milk, 1 cup sugar, little bit of cream, little bit of vanilla...done..plus you get the micro-nutrients from the egg yolk.

Do you heat these ingredients up in a pan first? Does it freeze solid like a block of milk or can you get a spoon through it like regular ice cream?

TubZy

Do you heat these ingredients up in a pan first? Does it freeze solid like a block of milk or can you get a spoon through it like regular ice cream?

Nah, just got a big glass bowl, put all ingredients in it and mix it with an electric blender. Then I just put it in a semi cheap ice cream maker I got at a local store. The ice cream maker makes it perfect. The ice cream maker blends it for like 20-30min.

raypeatclips

Nah, just got a big glass bowl, put all ingredients in it and mix it with an electric blender. Then I just put it in a semi cheap ice cream maker I got at a local store. The ice cream maker makes it perfect. The ice cream maker blends it for like 20-30min.

Thank you for the reply, I am tempted to do this. Have you tried adding more than 1 egg yolk to the mixture?

TubZy

Thank you for the reply, I am tempted to do this. Have you tried adding more than 1 egg yolk to the mixture?

Yes, I actually prefer it. It just depends how many other yolks I eat that day. I eat a ***t ton of eggs throughout the day for fat soluble vitamins and micro nutrients.

Sheik

Maple syrup on ice cream is better
I tried this today. Kirkland organic maple syrup on Blue Bunny Vanilla Bean. It was good.

That syrup reminds me of Tootsie Rolls. I drank some of it straight it was so good. Most Canadian thing I've ever done.

Let Go

I tried this today. Kirkland organic maple syrup on Blue Bunny Vanilla Bean. It was good.

That syrup reminds me of Tootsie Rolls. I drank some of it straight it was so good. Most Canadian thing I've ever done.
Sprinkle a little salt also

denise

The cheapest equivalent of HD is Aldi's super premium ice cream. It has only 5 ingredients, costs 4 bucks for whatever passes for a half gallon these days, and tastes amazing.

chispas

The cheapest equivalent of HD is Aldi's super premium ice cream. It has only 5 ingredients, costs 4 bucks for whatever passes for a half gallon these days, and tastes amazing.

Which one is this? I thought ALDI icecream was full of gums and soy?

Birdie