Ibuprofen euphoria and huge relief

Korven

Almost every time I take ibuprofen I have euphoria like feeling, especially when taking before bed. The most precise feeling to describe this experience - is like I am light as feather and i am diving through the clouds when taking before sleep. Literally something clicks in my head , and I feel such a huge relief and can think better and my mind is so much clearer, as well as whole body immediately become lighter. Naproxen have even more profound effect. I believe i have some chronic inflammation... ibuprofen make me feel ''normal''.

I also get the same euphoria from Ibuprofen, it makes any malaise go away and really gives me a clear head. Really abused it before but I've stopped taking it due to concerns of liver toxicity.

Have you tried olive leaf extract? It's not as potent as Ibuprofen but it has very similar effects, makes sense as it's a COX-2 inhibitor. I've found cypro (0.5-1 mg) and olive leaf extract (1 g+) to be a pretty good combo for getting rid of my malaise and inflammation

Korven

I also get the same euphoria from Ibuprofen, it makes any malaise go away and really gives me a clear head. Really abused it before but I've stopped taking it due to concerns of liver toxicity.

Have you tried olive leaf extract? It's not as potent as Ibuprofen but it has very similar effects, makes sense as it's a COX-2 inhibitor. I've found cypro (0.5-1 mg) and olive leaf extract (1 g+) to be a pretty good combo for getting rid of my malaise and inflammation

I've improved upon this formula. Cyproheptadine started feeling not good.

Together with a high carb meal this works better than ibuprofen for me:

- 500 mg high strength olive leaf extract
- 800 mg boswellia extract
- 250 mg thiamine
- 500 mg niacinamide

Also take 50 mg iodine in a glass of water each morning.

PurpleHeart

I personally experienced this after a traumatic tooth extraction that turned into a dry socket, the pain was too much for aspirin to handle so I decided to try ibuprofen.

The effect was insane it felt like I took morphine or something, but I believe that the pain relief played a big role in it, liberation from hours of pain was definitely super euphoric, but the anti inflammation effect probably played a huge role too.

There is a study where ibuprofen relieved thyroid inflammation and increased thyroid hormone and depression relief so maybe that is also part of the euphoria.

Anyway the euphoria was definitely crazy, no other NSAID can cause this much euphoria and relief in my experience.

OP
I

iso1

Anyway the euphoria was definitely crazy, no other NSAID can cause this much euphoria and relief in my experience.
There is one similar NSAID - Naproxen , effect is longer lasting and stronger.

frannybananny

Ibuprofen is anti serotonin (tryptophan transport) also

I like this article especially the part about ibuprofen inhibiting the deposit of amyloid plaques and decreasing the possibility of Alzheimers by 30%.... that is huge! I have taken Ibu for years and have no idea what Rinse and Repeat means when she says it is bad for everything. Sometimes it is the only way my back can get thru the day.

Herbie

I like this article especially the part about ibuprofen inhibiting the deposit of amyloid plaques and decreasing the possibility of Alzheimers by 30%.... that is huge! I have taken Ibu for years and have no idea what Rinse and Repeat means when she says it is bad for everything. Sometimes it is the only way my back can get thru the day.
I read this post then tried ibuprofen and had the euphoria, I regularly use aspirin because I'm prone to injury from my job but ibuprofen works differently to aspirin from experience, sometimes it works when aspirin doesn't and much lower dose needed.

I went through pages and pages of pubmed on ibuprofen trying to find something wrong with it but only found one association study from Denmark which found that people who are in pain use ibuprofen which is obvious.

I made a thread about it because all the negative papers about it come from that one study and so I thought that it's not enough evidence to close the book on it and seems there is more to learn a out the drug.

It makes sense to me why doctors recommend ibuprofen over aspirin because although aspirin is good, it can be problematic.

Andy316

Has anyone used Ibuprofen and got relief from excess Glutamate issues?

crsnpalmer

I use advil pm( ibuprofen+ Benadryl) 1-2x a month and always have a zest for life the next day

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals