Ibuprofen euphoria and huge relief

iso1

Almost every time I take ibuprofen I have euphoria like feeling, especially when taking before bed. The most precise feeling to describe this experience - is like I am light as feather and i am diving through the clouds when taking before sleep. Literally something clicks in my head , and I feel such a huge relief and can think better and my mind is so much clearer, as well as whole body immediately become lighter. Naproxen have even more profound effect. I believe i have some chronic inflammation... ibuprofen make me feel ''normal''.

Your euphoria sounds like a huge weight lifted from a lot of inflammation. It is probably what young healthy people feel like all the time. Fortunately Ray Peat says euphoria is a good thing You must be dealing with a lot iso1 :/

S-VV

Ibuprofen is anti serotonin (tryptophan transport) also
I don't think anybody disagrees that ibuprofen is bad. At least I didn't think so! Do you think the thread starter was thinking differently? People have have said wackier things on this site ?

S-VV

I don't think anybody disagrees that ibuprofen is bad. At least I didn't think so! Do you think the thread starter was thinking differently? People have have said wackier things on this site ?
I think that anti-serotonin is good!

drwill

That is a wild reaction!

I also avoid NSAIDS if I can, but Ibuprofen isn’t “bad” - certainly better for pain than opiates or Tylenol! While it may impact various pathways, the same is true for vitamin c, d, water, etc. It is more an issue of the size of the impacts and the net impact.

Chronic Inflammation is not good, but it usually isn’t something that you feel short term (ignoring wounds). There are a few blood tests that would tell you if you have inflammation. And there are many things that can help - curcumin is an obvious one. Low dose naltrexone reduces glial inflammation. Though the efficacy is real, I’ve never really “felt” anything from taking them.

On the positive side, it sounds like it’s a cheap, relatively safe way to feel euphoric!

Tylenol is much harder on the liver than NSAIDS. If you’re concerned about that, taking NAC is a safe, inexpensive and medically validated way to protect the liver (600mg once or twice a day). If someone showed up in the ER with Tylenol poisoning, they would treat it with an IV if NAC.

Good luck!

That is a wild reaction!

I also avoid NSAIDS if I can, but Ibuprofen isn’t “bad” - certainly better for pain than opiates or Tylenol! While it may impact various pathways, the same is true for vitamin c, d, water, etc. It is more an issue of the size of the impacts and the net impact.

Chronic Inflammation is not good, but it usually isn’t something that you feel short term (ignoring wounds). There are a few blood tests that would tell you if you have inflammation. And there are many things that can help - curcumin is an obvious one. Low dose naltrexone reduces glial inflammation. Though the efficacy is real, I’ve never really “felt” anything from taking them.

On the positive side, it sounds like it’s a cheap, relatively safe way to feel euphoric!

Tylenol is much harder on the liver than NSAIDS. If you’re concerned about that, taking NAC is a safe, inexpensive and medically validated way to protect the liver (600mg once or twice a day). If someone showed up in the ER with Tylenol poisoning, they would treat it with an IV if NAC.

Good luck!
I rarely have anything wrong to prompt me to have to take over the counter pills. Maybe twice a year I will take one Tylenol for a sinus headache when all my natural cures don't do the trick. You think there is a better choice though than Tylenol, like Aleve or Advil?

drwill

I rarely have anything wrong to prompt me to have to take over the counter pills. Maybe twice a year I will take one Tylenol for a sinus headache when all my natural cures don't do the trick. You think there is a better choice though than Tylenol, like Aleve or Advil?

Some people find Tylenol better for some types of pain than others.

For both NSAIDs and Tylenol there are maximum daily doses. Tylenol (in high doses) can literally destroy someone’s liver.

I often take NAC if I take Tylenol, but I will take either. I will even take both of the pain is bad enough (post-surgical. The main thing is to follow the directions on the bottle.

But don’t let any of this freak you out. By comparison, COVID was a thousand times more deadly to Americans than Tylenol in the past year.

Some people find Tylenol better for some types of pain than others.

For both NSAIDs and Tylenol there are maximum daily doses. Tylenol (in high doses) can literally destroy someone’s liver.

I often take NAC if I take Tylenol, but I will take either. I will even take both of the pain is bad enough (post-surgical. The main thing is to follow the directions on the bottle.

But don’t let any of this freak you out. By comparison, COVID was a thousand times more deadly to Americans than Tylenol in the past year.
Like I said I don't take them so no freaking out :D

LeeLemonoil

Both aspirin and ibuprofen also modulate the microbiom in the intestines -

I like both. Give me a lot of good effects when used occasionally

Mito

Yeah I have read lots too how bad they are for health, but who can blame someone for using them. The stress of so much pain causes another whole set of problems. Who can know which is the better of two evils ?

Makrosky

I also have good benefits from ibuprofen each time I take it. But it can't be taken for very long. It causes stomach problems, lowers testosterone, etc...

OP
I

iso1

Ibuprofen is anti serotonin (tryptophan transport) also
Wow , didn't know that., everything anti serotonin make me feel much better. Even BCAA.

OP
I

iso1

That is a wild reaction!

Good luck!
I am on 1mg LDN now. I can feel almost immediate relieve and my brain feeling MUCH lighter . I am very responsive even to 1mg because I become very sleepy in a good way, so i take it before sleep and wake up refreshed. Sometimes slightly drowsy. I might even try to lower the dose to 0.5mg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals