Inclined Bed Therapy - Sleeping With The Head End Of The Bed Elevated

Ulysses

Oh there are tons of evidence that boron would surely help, some of which is actually epidemiological: Despite their massive ω−6 consumption, the high-boron Israeli's have some of the lowest rates of arthritis on the planet (~.3%). This observation is of course due to their soil, and the fine condition of their bones allows them to support extra falafel weight and PUFA-derived tumors (I can't believe I wrote that). The Indians and the Israelis have the two highest ω−6/ω−3 ratios in the industrialized semi-industrialized world, and their high rates of cardiovascular disease has led to the neologistic 'Israeli Paradox' being coined. Yet there are no real paradoxes when viewed under proper paradigms, only apparent ones created by those still laboring under unrealistic models of physics and flawed biochemical mechanisms—Ancel Keys' model of cardiovascular disease in this case, where saturated fatty acids are a prime villain.

'Coincidence is what you have left over when you apply a bad theory.' ―PW Bridgman
Fascinating; as a man of Mediterranean extraction I’d always wondered how on earth we aren’t fatter. That might help explain this:

Overweight according to geographical origin and time spent in France: a cross sectional study in the Paris metropolitan area

Immigrants to Western societies from MENA tend to balloon. I suppose they bring their traditionally high omega-6/omega-3 style of cooking, but are forced to use ingredients with a lower boron content.

Lynne

Yet there are no real paradoxes when viewed under proper paradigms, only apparent ones created by those still laboring under unrealistic models of physics and flawed biochemical mechanisms

So true.
And I can't believe I hadn't even heard of the Israeli Paradox. The French Paradox seems to get more press.
(Being new here) I now see what Georgi meant when he said you know a lot, Travis :)

the fine condition of their bones allows them to support extra falafel weight and PUFA-derived tumors (I can't believe I wrote that)

lol

yerrag

Due to the interesting evidence and reports here, I've tried IBT for about a month at different angles, with the bed elevated from 3"-7".
There's still something you left off- orientation. A few recent posts talk about that.

It's certainly been a roller coaster ride over 24 years for IBT.
Read about increasing the gravitational force to dislodge kidney stones and how a Nobel Prize was won by a researcher investigating a report from one of his patients who passed 3 kidney stones one by one after three rides on a roller coaster. Ig Nobel win for roller coaster therapy Then ponder that being in space, or indeed being in bed for too long, provides the right environment for stones to form.

Seriously fascinating stuff thanks Andrew! We know so much and yet so little.

If you're keen to test the other directions you could set up temporary bedding on the floor (inclined somehow, of course) of the bedroom or another room, just for a few nights...
We have a sofa pointing East to West, (or pretty close) so could try sleeping on it for a few nights

I elevated the head of my bed a few inches and haven't had to deal with silent reflux that happens at night so I wake up feeling much better. I also have more enegy in the morning to go jogging and work out

tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod, i'm sorry i should have used the word peer-reviewed instead of actual so you can understand what i meant.

The testimonies on his site are pseudonymous with no contact info, impossible to verify if they are real. The deflection when i asked how he explains misrepresenting the only reviewed paper kinda solidified that something very fishy is going on. But i'm not going to waste my time looking through all info and videos he has out to form an opinion on exactly what..

Here is Andrew's story about trying to get a study done through official channels, go to the 46:20 mark of this interview-

rei

Yes, it is a nice story. Please don't quote me unless actual evidence is found because i get notified and i really don't care. The way mr. fletcher deflects and misdirects left a really bad impression of this idea of his.

Please, go try it out and report back, this should be a true revolution in the making if i'm wrong! And even if i'm right it might provide some benefits in certain situations.

tankasnowgod

Yes, it is a nice story. Please don't quote me unless actual evidence is found because i get notified and i really don't care. The way mr. fletcher deflects and misdirects left a really bad impression of this idea of his.

Please, go try it out and report back, this should be a true revolution in the making if i'm wrong! And even if i'm right it might provide some benefits in certain situations.

I have tried it out and reported- Sleeping Inclined Has Improved My Waking Temperature, Reduced My Need For Thyroid

Anyways, if you really don't care, just ignore the alert and stop posting in this thread.

Love scepticism. Reminds me of when I read GCSE Biology by DG Mackean, who's integrity and honesty gave birth to this theory.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
After almost 3 months sleeping on an incline with 5 inches at my head I haven't noticed anything negative. The positives are that I feel more relaxed when I am falling asleep, I fall asleep again more easily if I wake up in the night, I have had fewer nights where I can't fall back to sleep if I do wake up, I wake up shortly before it is time to get up and feel rested.

I can only think of one bedroom in my life where my head was at the north. I don't recall anything better about my health at that time. I wonder if anyone has made it a point to always sleep with there head to the pole in their hemisphere.

I presume you're able to elevate the sofa for the test? (in the interests of variable control :) )
I injured my foot in 2010, causing swelling and considerable pain. I started a video to document the changes over several days of IBT. The swelling reduction overnight was pretty amazing, though would return during the daytime after sitting at the computer and trying to move around on crutches. So I decided to incline the sofa, which my head was facing close to East. (I hadn't considered polarity at the time) My camera then had poor sound quality, so will need to correct this with a microphone. So during the day I rested on the inclined couch and sure enough, the swelling improved throughout the day as anticipated. The healing was pretty amazing and undoubtedly accelerated by avoiding being flat and avoiding sitting. Oedema 29-06-10  2100hrs (5).JPG Oedema 29-06-10  2100hrs (8).JPG 29/06 9pm Oedema 30-06-10 9am (3).JPG Oedema 30-06-10 9am (1).JPG 30/06 9am

Last edited:

Lynne

I injured my foot in 2010, causing swelling and considerable pain. I started a video to document the changes over several days of IBT. The swelling reduction overnight was pretty amazing, though would return during the daytime after sitting at the computer and trying to move around on crutches. So I decided to incline the sofa, which my head was facing close to East. (I hadn't considered polarity at the time) My camera then had poor sound quality, so will need to correct this with a microphone. So during the day I rested on the inclined couch and sure enough, the swelling improved throughout the day as anticipated. The healing was pretty amazing and undoubtedly accelerated by avoiding being flat and avoiding sitting.View attachment 10689View attachment 10690 29/06 9pm View attachment 10692 View attachment 1069130/06 9am

Great! It's such an easy solution. Unfortunately I'm housesitting at the moment and elevation is not an option most of the time (I'm currently in a rediculously heavy bed made from practically a whole tree), but I'll definitely implement it as soon as I'm in my own place again. It actually makes me want my own place so I can do it :)

Thank you Ray Peat and all you lovely people on this amazing forum for your thoughts, experiences and most of all your kindness and friendship. A truly remarkable place to meet forward thinking people.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals