Ibs, Greying

John Eels

Hi everybody,

I've had diarrhea dominant IBS symptoms for the last three months. With that comes a heightened irritability, especially in the mornings and after meals. I have read about Zofran in this forum. I'm curious to experiment with it.

Where do I get it from? [Admin delete] carries the drug but they don't offer either PayPal payment or Credit Card options. Are there any other legit sources?

Merry christmas,
John

cliff

have you tryed fixing your problem with food?

OP
J

John Eels

I have looked at it from various lenses:

• - Fructose malabsorption, a doctor suggested that to me, I dropped OJ, the problem hasn't been fixed, anyway, the diagnosis Fructose malabsorption is rather descriptive and less explanotory in nature. The concept didn't bear useful to me
  • - Lactose intolerance, maybe it's the milk? I thought and dropped it. Well, it's not. The problem pertains. With both OJ and milk I had never had any problems before this period of IBS like symptoms started.
  • - Candida, I asked Danny Roddy about it. He mentioned that he doesn't hold too much stock in the idea of Candida. I have a whitish fur on my tongue. I asked a doctor about it. He wasn't too concerend about it and mentioned that it might be caused by bacteria.
  • - H. pylori, I have seen a gastroenterologist, he looked at my stomach from the inside. He concludes it's beautfiul. All is fine. No H. pylori. Minor gastritis is the only thing he could find and prescribed an antacid which I haven't used till this date b/c stomach acid is good for you.

Then I stumbled upon this book by Mark Pimental, A New IBS Solution http://amzn.to/UnNMPk, he connects IBS with Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowht (SIBO). Bacteria where it's not supposed to be is resonsible for the fermentation of sugars, e. g. sucrose, fructose, lactose. Maybe that's why my tongue is coated? And maybe that's why I get diarrhea when I eat lots of sugar? He suggests the antibiotic Rifaximin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rifaximin) to eradicate the SIBO. Maybe this is a solution?

My main source of carbs is glucose. The reasoning behind is that glucose is quickest to be absorbed. I eat a fair amount of butter and coconut oil. For protein I supplement with plenty of Great Lakes Gelatin and eat meat, cheese and cottage cheese. I am pretty consistent with the carrot salad (there isn't a notable difference to the days I forget to prepare one). The rest is supplemental: Chocolate, sometimes coffee, T3, shellfish, oyster, beef liver. I estimate I am well nourished.

I haven't had much success with all my interventions so far. I find the mental disturbences accompinied with the gut irritation more challenging. I am grumpy, I snap at people and exhibit generally more aggressive behavior. This is all very unusual for me. And my sleep is poor. All those symptoms I haven't had before IBS. I think serotonin is the mediator between my mental experiences and the gut irritation. The most interesting part in this story, my hair started to significantly grey. And it was Peat who pointed out the connection between grey hair and serotonin excess. Zofran would be a band aid. It might help with the irritability accomponied with the gut issues.

kiran

John Eels said:
I think serotonin is the mediator between my mental experiences and the gut irritation. The most interesting part in this story, my hair started to significantly grey. And it was Peat who pointed out the connection between grey hair and serotonin excess. Zofran would be a band aid. It might help with the irritability accomponied with the gut issues.

Has he pointed out the connection between grey hair and serotonin before?

Is there a link for that?

Rachel

Ray has said that white hair has higher levels of tryptophan.
In white hair, the amount of tryptophan is higher than in hair of any other color. Although serotonin and tryptophan are very important during rapid growth, their presence in senile tissues is probably closely associated with the processes of decline.
http://raypeat.com/articles/aging/trypt ... ging.shtml

He has also said that copper is needed for hair color.
Copper is the crucial element for producing the color in hair and skin, for maintaining the elasticity of skin and blood vessels, for protecting against certain types of free radical, and especially for allowing us to use oxygen properly for the production of biological energy. It is also necessary for the normal functioning of certain nerve cells (substantia nigra) whose degeneration is involved in Parkinson's disease. The shape and texture of hair, as well as its color, can change in a copper deficiency. Too much iron can block our absorption of copper, and too little copper makes us store too much iron. With aging, our tissues lose copper as they store excess iron. Because of those changes, we need more vitamin E as we age.
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/iron-dangers.shtml

OP
J

John Eels

kettlebell

Hi John,

I do eat a fair amount! I always have it with Milk with extra sugar in it for the obvious "Mitigating" substances to stop any issue with phosphate and the protein it contains. I value it highly!

OP
J

John Eels

Hi kettlebell,

What are the mitigating substances in it? I am not following you. Can you elaborate? I don't understand the bigger picture here.

RRT

John Eels said:
I've had diarrhea dominant IBS symptoms for the last three months. With that comes a heightened irritability, especially in the mornings and after meals. I have read about Zofran in this forum. I'm curious to experiment with it.

Where do I get it from? [Admin Edit] carries the drug but they don't offer either PayPal payment or Credit Card options. Are there any other legit sources?

[Admin Delete]

kettlebell

Sorry John, I wasn't very clear.

The Calcium balances the phosphate and the sugar stops the protein in the chocolate causing a big insulin spike. The name of the amino acid in the chocolate evades me right now but it causes a strong insulin response if eaten on its own.

kettlebell

RRT,

Im not sure if directly linking to a pharmacy for products that legally require a prescription is a good idea. It can potentially cause issues for the website.

If you want to PM information to someone thats up to you but it might be wise to remove that link.

Just a friendly warning!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have taken care of the link KB, thank you.

Unfortunately we cannot allow posting of pharmacies that allow you to obtain medications without prescriptions.

RRT

kettlebell said:

The Calcium balances the phosphate and the sugar stops the protein in the chocolate causing a big insulin spike. The name of the amino acid in the chocolate evades me right now but it causes a strong insulin response if eaten on its own.

Leucine

kettlebell

RRT said:
kettlebell said:

Leucine

Thanks RRT.

mmartian

Rachel said:
Copper is the crucial element for producing the color in hair and skin, for maintaining the elasticity of skin and blood vessels, for protecting against certain types of free radical, and especially for allowing us to use oxygen properly for the production of biological energy. It is also necessary for the normal functioning of certain nerve cells (substantia nigra) whose degeneration is involved in Parkinson's disease. The shape and texture of hair, as well as its color, can change in a copper deficiency. Too much iron can block our absorption of copper, and too little copper makes us store too much iron. With aging, our tissues lose copper as they store excess iron. Because of those changes, we need more vitamin E as we age.
Any tips on boosting the body's retention of copper? I have been graying very rapidly :cry: . Are oysters/liver/shrimp with coffee and milk the best strategy?

kettlebell

mmartian said:
Rachel said:
Any tips on boosting the body's retention of copper? I have been graying very rapidly :cry: . Are oysters/liver/shrimp with coffee and milk the best strategy?

That would certainly be a good way to go. Seafood is very high in copper whilst the milk and coffee take care of phosphate ratios and iron absorbtion.

Rachel

mmartian said:
Rachel said:
Yep. And as mentioned a bit earlier in the thread, chocolate is a decent source of copper, as well.
If you can suffer through that.
eating-chocolate-bunny_zps84d738ea.gif

Yves

mmartian said:
Rachel said:

You could also consider phelbotomy to drain the iron. I think I notice more color (blonder as opposed to brown) in my hair when eating liver, whereas seafood hasn't had as much effect.. your mileage may vary. When I supplemented with molybdenum in the past my hair became less blonde.

According to Ray's chapter on hair color:

• Take copper, don't supplement sulfur or molybdenum, iron is bad
    Progesterone, testosterone, pregnenolone are good for hair growth and maybe hair color.
    Ray restored his hair color with a low iron diet, cooking in a copper pan, and rubbing a solution of vitamin A, Vitamin E, and sometimes DHEA or a solution of copper acetate onto his gray eybrow hairs. Color was restored in a few weeks

jyb

@Yves: Do you know how to do that solution? Not just for hair color, but say bruises. Men have to be cautious about adding progesterone, but seems like a solution with pregnelonone is possible.

How do you know if a solution is skin soluble? I have pregnelonone pure powder, vitamin E in glycerin (Unique-E brand) vitamin A in glycerin (Nutrisorb A). It seems like the vitamin E is sticky and poorly solubly, whereas the vitamin A solution is non viscous.

I heard MCT oil is a good transport, but I'm not sure how it compares to coconut oil.

Yves

I have those same brands of Vitamin E and Vitamin A. The vitamin A seems to be absorbed through the skin without issue for me as well, where as the vitamin E not so much (although in the past I rubbed it under my eyelids and left it on overnight with some success).

I once took some Coq10 powder and dissolved it in heated coconut oil to make a solution, that was for oral ingestion however not topical. I'm not sure if Vitamin E,A or pregnelonone , DHEA are heat sensitive but doing the same in some coconut oil may be worth a try. Either way I think the key is to really rub it in, instead of applying it topically and leaving it.

Back
Top Bottom