IBD Serotonin And Dopamine. What’s Going On?

GorillaHead

Okay I apologize if I have been posting many things lately. But I really would appreciate help on this issue!

Okay so some history 2-3 years ago I got prescribed Adderall.

6 months later I was drinking mass gainers like it was water and suddenly I developed IBD rectal bleeding and all.

2 years later I discovered mega dosing niacin puts me in remission almost instantly. (At this point I’ve been off amphetamines) In every instance I flared I megadosed and back in remission. 4 times I tried this. 4 times same result.

I also happened to discover what seems to cause flares practically instantly. Every time I took large doses of methylene blue. I flared that exact day.

Some more background history.
8 months ago I started Finasteride and the past month I’ve been using cyprophetadine a few times feeling very weak in the gym thinking it’s related to fin. But then Today i dosed methylene blue and now my strength and stamina all shot back tremendously. But just now I flared again.

What is going on with me? Why does Niacin put me in remission. Why does methylene blue make me flare. What’s the possible mechanism here.

I feel like my loss of strength was related to Cypro but it could be the Niacin. I read that niacin can induce myopathy which is basically what I had.

I read somewhere that Apple pectin increases niacin in the gut which I plan on taking to see if it puts me in remission.

It’s possible that whenever I am experimenting With niacin I am modifying not just the fur bacteria but other part sure of the body negatively. So it’s possible things needs to be Moreno localized.

Any geniuses please input.

Last edited:

DrJ

@GorillaHead hey new fren,

The niacin is likely healing your gut and liver and restoring oxidative metabolism so leading to a wide range of positives. Not really sure what to say about your methylene blue experience.

Too much cyproheptadine can lower your dopamine so be careful. Also if you take BCAAs as part of your regimen you could be lowering dopamine. Maybe try some more natural approaches rather than hitting the supps so hard?

Also, by another post on the forum i discovered this absolutely amazing YouTube channel that talks a lot about serotonin that you will probably find very interesting:

Resonant FM

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals