• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

I wrote an article on the magical beverage known as coffee.

76er

Nice. Just read it.

I had 14oz of joe today and cronometer is only showing 12mg of Magnesium.

Now it was strong so I'd suspect my actually amount was higher but still I wouldn't call coffee a significant source of Mag?

RyanHeeney

Nice. Just read it.

Now it was strong so I'd suspect my actually amount was higher but still I wouldn't call coffee a significant source of Mag?
Thanks for the read 76er. Here's a quote from Ray:

"Dry instant coffee is close to 0.5% magnesium, so a cup of strong coffee has about 40 mg. I make strong drip coffee."

I've heard interviews where he mentions how he drinks many cups worth a day. At that rate it would become a pretty significant source of of magnesium I believe.

Gone Peating

Nice. Just read it.

If you’re looking for more mag yerba mate is a good option. If you drink 16oz of it it has over 100mg of Magnesium.

I like the energy it provides. It seems stimulating to the mind but calming to the body

FitnessMike

does coffee really helping the body utilize thyroid hormones?