I wrote an article on sourdough bread.

Inaut

I like how all of your threads start with "I wrote an article on...". I also like your articles. Thanks @RyanHeeney . Looking forward to this as I quite like a nice sourdough

OP
RyanHeeney

RyanHeeney

I like how all of your threads start with "I wrote an article on...". I also like your articles. Thanks @RyanHeeney . Looking forward to this as I quite like a nice sourdough
Hahaha I hadn’t even noticed that, maybe I’ll just keep the trend going now.

OP
RyanHeeney

RyanHeeney

Hey @RyanHeeney I again posted these in the Ray Peat group on MeWe - why don’t you join MeWe and come comment on them?
Gosh that’s right, I remember you suggesting that. I’ll come join today. Thank you for posting them there, that’s awesome of you ?

Rasaari

Thanks, didn't know that sourdough was lower in gluten and antinutrients. I need to eat some starches to get enough carbs, and this could be a nice additional treat:)

DennisX

Another good sourdough in Chicago is from Breadsmith. It only has 4 Ingedients. It get from Whole Foods.

akgrrrl

Thanks, didn't know that sourdough was lower in gluten and antinutrients. I need to eat some starches to get enough carbs, and this could be a nice additional treat:)
If you include Einkorn triticale wheat in your flour mix, increases the content of 100% non gmo or pesticides, lowers gluten to near zero, more nutrients. This is the original Staff of Life. And remember, sourdoughs are created individually, so not every tastes the same, rises the same, nor keeps the same. Best to slice and freeze then take out only whats needed for the moment, to keep texture and flavor like fresh baked. Warming in a skillet or toasting gently revives like fresh baked.

D Man

I think there’s a good case to be made for high complex carb diet. I cut starch the vegetable kind

Now eat a lot of organic Italian pasta, organic local sourdough etc

with lots of cheese - parmesan cheddar etc

I live in Ireland so luckily have access to good quality food

I feel incredible when I eat a lot of good quality complex carbs

I play semi professional soccer, and I’m 35 so there must be something in it :):

Last edited:

akgrrrl

I think there’s a good case to be made for high complex carb diet. I cut starch the vegetable kind

Now eat a lot of organic Italian pasta, organic local sourdough etc

with lots of cheers - parmesan cheddar etc

I live in Ireland so luckily have access to good quality food

I feel incredible when I eat a lot of good quality complex carbs

I play semi professional soccer, and I’m 35 so there must be something in it :):
Yes! Good healthy grain can be far far more happy! Most ppl never ask WHICH grain? Which milk? Which meat? Never a care of gmo, grain defoliated by poisons, pesticides, chemical fertilizer, processing, irradiation, rinsing with solvents or bleach, and onward. To your health!???☘☘☘☘☘☘

Lollipop2

If you include Einkorn triticale wheat in your flour mix, increases the content of 100% non gmo or pesticides, lowers gluten to near zero, more nutrients. This is the original Staff of Life. And remember, sourdoughs are created individually, so not every tastes the same, rises the same, nor keeps the same. Best to slice and freeze then take out only whats needed for the moment, to keep texture and flavor like fresh baked. Warming in a skillet or toasting gently revives like fresh baked.
+1

76er

@RyanHeeney Many thanks.

I searched the forum various times trying to find out why sourdough bread was
"blessed" but I never found anything succinct. Or if I did find something it
was buried in some thread so if I had to recall it (or wanted to send it to
someone) there was no way unless I remembered to bookmark it.

I like how your articles consolidate important fundamentals in one place and
are easily "send-able" to others.

Thanks for also touching base on sprouted wheat breads and for the tips and
link on sifting out the sourdough phonies.

akgrrrl

Phonies are a good point. I recently had breakfast with a pal@his house, him saying wait til you eat this sourdough bread for toast! Such a knucklehead that refuses to read labels...he bought "enriched flour" with vinegar for a sour taste.

Lollipop2

Phonies are a good point. I recently had breakfast with a pal@his house, him saying wait til you eat this sourdough bread for toast! Such a knucklehead that refuses to read labels...he bought "enriched flour" with vinegar for a sour taste.
Hehehe.

OP
RyanHeeney

RyanHeeney

Yeah, see how they agree with you!

OP
RyanHeeney

RyanHeeney

@RyanHeeney Many thanks.

I searched the forum various times trying to find out why sourdough bread was
"blessed" but I never found anything succinct. Or if I did find something it
was buried in some thread so if I had to recall it (or wanted to send it to
someone) there was no way unless I remembered to bookmark it.

I like how your articles consolidate important fundamentals in one place and
are easily "send-able" to others.

Thanks for also touching base on sprouted wheat breads and for the tips and
link on sifting out the sourdough phonies.
I deeply appreciate that comment because that's what I try and do and I feel is sometimes missing in the community. Deep thanks for that one.

OP
RyanHeeney

RyanHeeney

Yep! Most sourdough's are just phonies. The true sourdoughs don't seem to taste as "sour" either a lot of times.

76er

FYI: Found a solid sourdough (Nature's Promise) at Hannaford in New England.

Attachments

• natures-promise.jpg
    natures-promise.jpg
    682.5 KB · Views: 23
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals