I wrote an article on methylene blue...

Sefton10

I got my husband to start taking MB and he loves it! I’m hoping in time it might help his Raynauds. If so I’ll report back.
What dose did you start him on, Blossom? I've tried a drop or two here and there but never noticed anything from it.

BrianF

Very good article Ryan, I use MB occasionally and you've done an excellent job of explaining why others might too. In a way I never could myself! Thanks!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
What dose did you start him on, Blossom? I've tried a drop or two here and there but never noticed anything from it.
2 mg. He’s 5’11/ 230 pounds but he has high blood pressure so I figured we would see how it goes with that dose. He hasn’t had any increase in his bp from it so far.

OP
RyanHeeney

RyanHeeney

2 mg. He’s 5’11/ 230 pounds but he has high blood pressure so I figured we would see how it goes with that dose. He hasn’t had any increase in his bp from it so far.
That definitely could help, keep researching though! I could be wrong but couldn’t vitamin K2 be a possible remedy for high blood pressure?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That definitely could help, keep researching though! I could be wrong but couldn’t vitamin K2 be a possible remedy for high blood pressure?
Yes, I think he could use more than MB for sure but he’s not been very open to diet/lifestyle/supplement interventions until recently so I’m taking it slow. I’ve been known to slip MK4 in his drink sometimes! :)

OP
RyanHeeney

RyanHeeney

Yes, I think he could use more than MB for sure but he’s not been very open to diet/lifestyle/supplement interventions until recently so I’m taking it slow. I’ve been known to slip MK4 in his drink sometimes! :)
Haha very nice to hear, that's a supplement you cant go wrong with in my opinion.

yerrag

MB for high blood pressure? If he's got the same cause as mine for high bp, it would work. But I was going to go 4 x 10 mg/day (the dose for UTI - see the Uribel product of Starpharm), but I had to make my dosage low till new supply comes in 3 weeks. So, currently at 6.4mg/day only. The reason why I tried MB was because MB gets rid of the catalase-positive bacteria in UTI. I suspected there is such a bacteria that is keeping my neutrophils from effective phagocytosis - by converting hydrogen peroxide to water, diminishing ROS production - and this leaves antigens intact and never destroyed or eaten up, causing my immune system to keep mounting a response albeit fruitlessly, causing chronic inflammation and oxidative stress. The constant need to neutralize the oxidative stress requires constant buildup and use of the body's antioxidant system, of which serum albumin is a part. As serum albumin gets used, serum albumin stores dwindle, and blood plasma is reduced, and blood volume reduced. The resulting low blood volume causes the body to increase blood pressure, to compensate for the low blood volume, in order to keep the tissues and organs of the body well-nourished.

MB kills the bacteria, and this keeps it from interfering with effective phagocytosis. With less inflammation and oxidative stress, albumin would not be called upon for its backup role as an antioxidant.

I can see the effect in the elimination of beer froth in my urine, as well as less urination from less redox reactions going on. So I think MB is working, but it would take time for my albumin and blood volume to build up.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
MB for high blood pressure? If he's got the same cause as mine for high bp, it would work. But I was going to go 4 x 10 mg/day (the dose for UTI - see the Uribel product of Starpharm), but I had to make my dosage low till new supply comes in 3 weeks. So, currently at 6.4mg/day only. The reason why I tried MB was because MB gets rid of the catalase-positive bacteria in UTI. I suspected there is such a bacteria that is keeping my neutrophils from effective phagocytosis - by converting hydrogen peroxide to water, diminishing ROS production - and this leaves antigens intact and never destroyed or eaten up, causing my immune system to keep mounting a response albeit fruitlessly, causing chronic inflammation and oxidative stress. The constant need to neutralize the oxidative stress requires constant buildup and use of the body's antioxidant system, of which serum albumin is a part. As serum albumin gets used, serum albumin stores dwindle, and blood plasma is reduced, and blood volume reduced. The resulting low blood volume causes the body to increase blood pressure, to compensate for the low blood volume, in order to keep the tissues and organs of the body well-nourished.

MB kills the bacteria, and this keeps it from interfering with effective phagocytosis. With less inflammation and oxidative stress, albumin would not be called upon for its backup role as an antioxidant.

I can see the effect in the elimination of beer froth in my urine, as well as less urination from less redox reactions going on. So I think MB is working, but it would take time for my albumin and blood volume to build up.
Thank you! That’s good to know. He’s actually trying it for Raynauds but if it helps his blood pressure that would be wonderful. He’s recently started taking an interest in his health after spending thousands on doctors that didn’t help him at all. I just had to bite my tongue and have patience.

yerrag

Thank you! That’s good to know. He’s actually trying it for Raynauds but if it helps his blood pressure that would be wonderful. He’s recently started taking an interest in his health after spending thousands on doctors that didn’t help him at all. I just had to bite my tongue and have patience.
Yes, it's very context-specific and your husband's case is much different from mine. Just as in how I was able to glean some useful info from the use of MB for treatment of UTI, it is possible that there is a shared component to what ails him and me, and he may still benefit. I had to try to work out in my mind the possible mechanisms at work that may benefit me in using mb, and it helps me approach the problem. As I'm not taking mb alone, I also add other substances that would be synergistic, and since I have 4 years worth of data to work with from my notes and logs, it was easier to find the substances that would work together with it, and to exclude those substances that would interfere. These things take a life of their own, and it helps to be methodical and patient about it. It can be frustrating so a lot of encouragement from you is something he will appreciate.

Note: I don't agree with @RyanHeeney 's description of USP grade as being the best, unless it comes with a COA that says it has minimal amounts of impurities especially with heavy metals. If one's using 1-2mg/day, it's fine using the grades that HealthNatura uses. But if I were dosing much larger quantities daily, in the order of 40mg/day, I'd want to get MB sources with much lower impurities. I was able to source from science.bio grades with much, much, lower levels of impurities, and I feel much better using these at the dose I plan on taking for an indefinite period of time.

It may still be safe though to use HealthNatura's MB even at the relatively high dosage I'm going with, given that it's still only 40mg, but if I have the chance to get a grade at a lower impurity level, without having to pay more, why not?

OP
RyanHeeney

RyanHeeney

I don't agree with @RyanHeeney 's description of USP grade as being the best, unless it comes with a COA that says it has minimal amounts of impurities especially with heavy metals. If one's using 1-2mg/day, it's fine using the grades that HealthNatura uses. But if I were dosing much larger quantities daily, in the order of 40mg/day, I'd want to get MB sources with much lower impurities. I was able to source from science.bio grades with much, much, lower levels of impurities, and I feel much better using these at the dose I plan on taking for an indefinite period of time.

It may still be safe though to use HealthNatura's MB even at the relatively high dosage I'm going with, given that it's still only 40mg, but if I have the chance to get a grade at a lower impurity level, without having to pay more, why not?
Thanks for that tip, I’ll look into that.

revenant

Interesting stuff.

How would one go about making a benzoic acid and methylene blue cocktail, just buy benzoic acid powder and mix it into a glass of water? How much would be optimal for fat loss?

OP
RyanHeeney

RyanHeeney

Interesting stuff.

How would one go about making a benzoic acid and methylene blue cocktail, just buy benzoic acid powder and mix it into a glass of water? How much would be optimal for fat loss?
Thanks sir. And I think that question might be better for a guy like @haidut Answering that with confidence might be a bit over my head. His product Oxdial at IdeaLabsDC seems to be pretty effective though as what you’re describing.

OP
RyanHeeney

RyanHeeney

Interesting stuff.

By the way, his product Oxidal is already the mixture of benzoic acid and MB. And if I know him, he made the ratios just right.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
My husband has been using it for about a month and feels it’s helping his Raynauds and energy levels. It’s anecdotal but I’ll take it! He takes 2-2.4 mg/per day of the HealthNatura brand.

AndrewGesell

My husband has been using it for about a month and feels it’s helping his Raynauds and energy levels. It’s anecdotal but I’ll take it! He takes 2-2.4 mg/per day of the HealthNatura brand.
Thanks as always, sweetheart . Will get more of their stuff too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals