I woke up covered in billirubin after 2 Red Bulls

Steed

Hi all,

I had a couple of Red Bulls on saturday night, a fair amount of taurine. When I woke up in the morning the bed sheets was stained with a strong yellow color underneath my buttocks area. Only a clear yellow color, nothing else, which must have leaked out of me while I was sleeping and was likely bilirubin, so a bile salt. The spot was maybe 15 cm in diameter, completely odorless.

Last few months, I have increased bile production from only taurine as well, but this was rather extreme. I was not alone in the bed either which made up for an interesting discussion…

Has this happened to anyone else? I managed to wipe some of with a towel, I attached a photo.

I experienced little to no intestinal irritation and felt quite good :).

Last edited:

JamesGatz

You're living a very wild life Dybala got to slow it down man - we need you healthy for Serie A haha...

but yes my bile production on Red Bull gets a little bad I always have to chase it with something to keep things moving - I would recommend some salted pineapple or maybe the carrot salad after drinking it - if I don't chase it with something to keep things moving I always get an upset stomach

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Do you have a gallbladder? Taurine is known to conjugate bile and without a gallbladder to "manage" the increased liver outflow, a notable increase can happen along with discomfort / urgency to go etc...

I hear people that gradually increase taurine can avoid such mishaps. Keep in mind that glycine is also involved in conjugation and might act independently from taurine.

OP
Steed

Steed

Do you have a gallbladder? Taurine is known to conjugate bile and without a gallbladder to "manage" the increased liver outflow, a notable increase can happen along with discomfort / urgency to go etc...

I hear people that gradually increase taurine can avoid such mishaps. Keep in mind that glycine is also involved in conjugation and might act independently from taurine.
Hi, yes, I have a gallbladder and I have done a fair amount of work to keep it clean. Interesting with glycine, I consume a lot more glycine daily with no such effect.

You made me think, perhaps there is a high amount of undissolved billirubin somewhere, maybe the gallbladder, that taurine conjugated cholestrol esters dissolve. This is speculation. Conjugated bilirubin seems to be water soluble by glucoronic acid addition. So the connection to taurine is a bit of a mysteri still.

JamesGatz

Hi, yes, I have a gallbladder and I have done a fair amount of work to keep it clean. Interesting with glycine, I consume a lot more glycine daily with no such effect.

You made me think, perhaps there is a high amount of undissolved billirubin somewhere, maybe the gallbladder, that taurine conjugated cholestrol esters dissolve. This is speculation. Conjugated bilirubin seems to be water soluble by glucoronic acid addition. So the connection to taurine is a bit of a mysteri still.
So you just gonna ignore me Paulo ? I thought we were friends man ... ;(

Back
Top Bottom