I Will Be Traveling To Italy For A Week. Any Tips To Keep It As Peaty As Possible?

It's not possible to get just one molecule in a dry extract. Everything comes out if it is soluble in the solvent.

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

ok I forgot about this... I emailed Peat a few days ago about Cascaroside A and he told me the substance contains two sugar molecules and he would expect it to cause intestinal cramping and irritation. He also added that, "Traditionally, cascara bark is aged for at least at year, leading to the freeing of emodin from the sugars." He told me if it doesn't make me sick, then the label might not be accurate. It indeed makes my eyes red albeit no apparent intestinal cramping so there may be some irritation going on.

Last edited:

DesertRat

I tried to keep to a Peaty diet but I still gained 3 kg eating gelato, low fat milk, and way too much delicious cheese. Thankfully losing in the US on my low fat regime. Sorry you got ripped off in Rome. People up north are also more trustworthy, and we found them much more friendly, especially in the Dolomites. Arrivederci.

papaya

ok I forgot about this... I emailed Peat a few days ago about Cascaroside A and he told me the substance contains two sugar molecules and he would expect it to cause intestinal cramping and irritation. He also added that, "Traditionally, cascara bark is aged for at least at year, leading to the freeing of emodin from the sugars." He told me if it doesn't make me sick, then the label might not be accurate. It indeed makes my eyes red albeit no apparent intestinal cramping so there may be some irritation going on.
are u still using this product? back when i 1st researched taking cascara i thought i noticed that the farmalabor cascara & the other product in glycerin ray mentioned were actually both extracts, not the actual whole ground up bark. i ended up not getting anything. i'm again trying to decide what cascara to get.

tankasnowgod

The title sums it up. I will go to Lake Como and Rome if that info is needed. I want to avoid wheat, alcohol, PUFA, etc.,. I don't speak the language, so it will be difficult to communicate my ideas to the Italian chefs.

I don't think Italy fortifies their pasta with iron, so while not exactly "Peaty," their wheat is waaaaaaay more acceptable than the standard garbage in the USA.

To be honest I don't think any chef in the world will understand "I want my meal without added iron" lol

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

are u still using this product? back when i 1st researched taking cascara i thought i noticed that the farmalabor cascara & the other product in glycerin ray mentioned were actually both extracts, not the actual whole ground up bark. i ended up not getting anything. i'm again trying to decide what cascara to get.
Not anymore. Only used it two times in total and didn't like it one bit. It's still sitting lonely in a dark corner of my shelf covered in dust!

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

To be honest I don't think any chef in the world will understand "I want my meal without added iron" lol
Can you imagine asking the chef that request and he goes to the kitchen saying, "this ******* idiot thinks we cut some lead/iron pipes and put them in the pasta."

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

I don't think Italy fortifies their pasta with iron, so while not exactly "Peaty," their wheat is waaaaaaay more acceptable than the standard garbage in the USA.
I wonder if Korean bread has fortified iron or not :emoji_spy: better google this stuff.