I Will Be Traveling To Italy For A Week. Any Tips To Keep It As Peaty As Possible?

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

How did it go? I've been in Italy since Feb 2, don't check the forum often, but no trouble Peating. For snacks, I get cappuchino or latte machiata with sugar and a fresh-squeezed OJ to splurge. Gelato is another good snack. Parmegiano reggiano is pretty cheap here, and so are oranges and clementines -- I eat a lot of them. At restaurants, I often get risotto with mushrooms, as it's made with white rice and I don't have issues with starch. And for second courses, anything "in umido" with bones is cooked slowly in its own juices and has whatever natural gelatin is in the animal (if you get goat, or rabbit, or ossobuco). Just avoid the pastries as they're all made with margarine. You can buy some decent stuff in the supermarkets (e.g. stuff made with butter).
Honestly I didn't stick to Peat diet in my week visit to Italy. I was eating all the pizzas, spaghettis pastas risottos I see in front of me, mostly the seafood ones. I was also eating a lot of fresh northern mozzarella, full-fat milk, espresso and cappuchino. It went very well, I might have gained some pounds with water retention but it was all worth it. I noticed people in the north near como lake nicer than the people in Rome. Maybe they have cleaner environment and cleaner food.

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

And regarding the pharma labor cascara sargada, a pharmacy in Rome I think ripped me off. I told them specifically to order me cascara sargada powder (500 g) from pharma labor. They told me ok, it's for 80 euros, pay 50 euros now and the other 30 euros when I get the cascara later that night. I asked them "are you sure it's pharma labor? because I heard it takes three days to arrive" and they said "yeah of course we're in the capitol everything arrives fasts here." Six hours later I came to get my cascara powder and it was totally different company. The company name is "SELEBRE". I told them this is not the company we agreed on. They said they all are the same o_O. I asked them if I can at least open it to see if it's "dark" enough to be aged properly, they said if I open it I will have to pay the remaining 30 euros. If I don't want to buy it, they will keep 40 euros and only return 10 euros to me because they cannot return it to the vendor. So I took my chances lol and I wish I hadn't. It was very light color, lighter in color than the commercial cascara I get in pills in my home country. But I guess traveling teaches you lessons :) I am attaching a picture of the powder I got. (Sorry I took the picture while my red lights were on lol)
Screen Shot 2016-04-16 at 12.43.39 AM.png

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

It's something extracted from the bark... not the bark itself...
So it's not advisable to try it? It doesn't have the same benefits as cascara sargada bark? hmm I wonder what I should do with the powder. I might prank my grandfather and tell him it is the ash of our recently deceased camel.

It's probably great but why were you going for Farmalabor if you didn't specifically want the bark?

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

It's probably great but why were you going for Farmalabor if you didn't specifically want the bark?
I didn't know what I want lol. All I wanted is a nice product with enough emodin. What do you mean by 'great'? It has more benefits than the bark itself? I am confused!

I'm not a cascara expert I just know Italian :singing:

meatbag

I think it says it's 10% Cascaroside A which I think is the anthraquionine in Cascara. You can see the anthraquionone structure in it. It says its free of preservatives. Can post a picture of the powder? It should be safe to take but I wouldn't take more then like 30mg. I don't think it's pure emodin

Anything that comes out of the bark by ethanol extraction will be there.

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

I think it says it's 10% Cascaroside A which I think is the anthraquionine in Cascara. You can see the anthraquionone structure in it. It says its free of preservatives. Can post a picture of the powder? It should be safe to take but I wouldn't take more then like 30mg. I don't think it's pure emodin
Sure. I am attaching pictures of the powder. The first one the powder by itself, and the second one the powder next to regular commercial cascara sargada+cellulose (I think the cellulose is responsible for the white little dots).

Screen Shot 2016-04-16 at 5.24.49 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-16 at 5.47.34 AM.png

Last edited:
They put the bark in ethanol then dry the ethanol and get a powder...

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

Weird dude. Does it taste bitter? Does it dissolve in water?
Yeah it tastes bitter and it almost completely dissolves in water unlike the regular commercial cascara sargada that I have.

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

I think Cascaroside A has only one oxygen double bond while anthraquionone, emodin, mk-4, quinones in general have two. I don't know if Cascaroside A can become a quinone when dissolved in water.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals