I Want To Start Taking Aspirin BUT

milk_lover

I am worried about those studies:

http://www.researchgate.net/publication ... _Male_Rats

http://iosrjournals.org/iosr-jpbs/paper ... 464954.pdf

Those studies say that Aspirin can decrease testosterone in male rats, even though the first one noted slight increase in the beginning of the treatment. What do you guys think of those studies?

Do you have any tips on how much to take if it's the first time for me? Should I combine it with coffee? Is it good to take it after a meal? Dissolve it in hot liquid, etc.? Thanks all :)

schultz

I'm not smart enough to answer :shock:

Were they supplementing extra vitamin K? :lol:

What are the dose equivalents to humans in each study?

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

schultz said:
I'm not smart enough to answer :shock:

Were they supplementing extra vitamin K? :lol:

What are the dose equivalents to humans in each study?
I don't see any vit K in the studies. I don't know the answer of the second question. I was thinking if I supplement less than 300 mg/day (3x100mg in different times), I don't need to supplement vit K, especially if I am eating liver once a week, which has some vit K in it.

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

--Update
Yesterday and today I took aspirin with my coffee (Bayer 100mg), totaling 300 mg yesterday and today 300 mg as well. I got random erections yesterday! and I desire every woman I see. Very powerful stuff I guess. My heart is beating faster and I feel generally warmer. I feel little bit of pain in my stomach, which could be a reaction to something in the fillers or a lack of vit K causing bleeding. I feel I need food but my appetite decreased for some reason. I don't know if I should continue with this experiment.
Edit: also the ankle sprain I got two months ago playing football didn't feel anything after taking aspirin. I can jump on it as if nothing happened there.

tara

milk_lover said:
post 101790 I feel little bit of pain in my stomach
In case the aspirin is bothering your stomach, you could skip it for a few days, then try less and/or take it with food. I wouldn't ignore persistent sore stomach. If you've had such a strong positive reaction to 300mg, you may still get noticable benefit from 100 or 200. I think Haidut posted a study about glycine protecting the stomach wrt aspirin?

Last edited by a moderator:

schultz

tara said:
post 101792
milk_lover said:
post 101790 I feel little bit of pain in my stomach
In case the aspirin is bothering your stomach, you could skip it for a few days, then try less and/or take it with food. I wouldn't ignore persistent sore stomach. If you've had such a strong positive reaction to 300mg, you may still get noticable benefit from 100 or 200. I think Haidut posted a study about glycine protecting the stomach wrt aspirin?

Here is another study on how baking soda is protective against intestinal damage

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/922417

These findings indicate that sodium bicarbonate in amounts equivalent to one-third of a teaspoonful of baking soda protects the gastric mucosa against aspirin-induced damage

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

tara said:
post 101792 In case the aspirin is bothering your stomach, you could skip it for a few days, then try less and/or take it with food. I wouldn't ignore persistent sore stomach. If you've had such a strong positive reaction to 300mg, you may still get noticable benefit from 100 or 200. I think Haidut posted a study about glycine protecting the stomach wrt aspirin?
Yes I am taking 500mg of Aspirin with my coffee that has gelatin and I have no issue.
schultz said:
post 101801 Here is another study on how baking soda is protective against intestinal damage

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/922417

These findings indicate that sodium bicarbonate in amounts equivalent to one-third of a teaspoonful of baking soda protects the gastric mucosa against aspirin-induced damage
I did that too and I didn't feel any pain. I have to experiment tuning the dose to my body requirements but so far I have only seen positive things from taking Aspirin with my coffee. For some reason, my mind becomes sharper after drinking that combo..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals