I need your help/advice

I sleep like 5 to 6 hours with the aid of melatonin

I take 10 to 20 mg of it every night from 6 months

Then I read here it's unhealthy
And it shrink our sexual things
And I noticed that on my self lately

But without it I can sleep good

But I will stop it

What should I do to get a very good night sleep ?

Thanks in advance
I love that forum :)

Lightbringer

Hey :)

I need your help/advice

But I will stop it

Thanks in advance
As they say, the dose makes the poison. 10-20 mg sounds very high. You could review the dietary methods mentioned in many posts here. I have heard that at least in rat experiments, this substance appears to help with sedation and sexual things :pompous::
https://raypeatforum.com/community/...i-estrogenic-thyromimetic-neurosteroid.12614/

ATP

Hey :)

I need your help/advice

But I will stop it

Thanks in advance
Cyproheptadine will make you sleep as much as you want depending on the dosage.

milk_lover

Cypro, glycine, theanine, taurine, lysine, salt, sugar, milk, emodin, charcoal, coconut oil, red light, zinc, little pregnenolone, little DHEA, maybe also little thyroid, I think, all help in sleep. Most of those need food/sugar to make them work properly especially the amino acids.

OP
Bahaa El wazzan
OP
Bahaa El wazzan
Cypro, glycine, theanine, taurine, lysine, salt, sugar, milk, emodin, charcoal, coconut oil, red light, zinc, little pregnenolone, little DHEA, maybe also little thyroid, I think, all help in sleep. Most of those need food/sugar to make them work properly especially the amino acids.
Mmmmm I will keep that in mind

invictus

My psychiatrist prescribed cyproheptadine a couple of months ago. At first, even a low dose left me groggy the next day but, after trying some other meds she's prescribed, last year, I went back to 4mg of cyproheptadine because it, along with .5 mg of clonidine and 150mg of lithium carbonate allows me to sleep without bizarre, disruptive dreams. And I've not experienced any constipation, as some have encountered. On that note, my gut function improved when I put bread back into my diet. After a year and a half gluten free, I had an intense desire for a sandwich. Bought artismal sour dough bread at Whole Foods. I don't eat it everyday, but most days, lol, one or two slices.

But, as for cyproheptadine for sleep, like everything else, YMMV. If you can't get an rx I believe you can buy it online from Mexico.

Dopamine

Wake up at the exact same time everyday and go to sleep at the exact same time everynight. Sleep with calming ambient noise like the sound of rain. I would avoid drugs unless you really need them- even drugs like cyproheptadine that people mention all the time around here... they can have side effects. Eat cuts of meat that have higher gelatin content- ribs, shanks, neck, oxtail... The studies i've seen with glycine improving sleep used 3 grams if you want to try that.

Also caffeine too close to bed can disturb sleep.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Hi! Now something completely different (way-off the Peat Diet topics):

I have solved the sleep & health problems of one of my high school friend's family back in Germany and several other people here in Reno. And it has to do with 'earth energies', if you could stay with me for a while, since this is very controversial. It started with the illness and death of my dear father, you contracted stomach cancer and passed away while I was 18 years old. He was 52 years old at the time, it was horrifying to watch what he had to go through. After a few years later, my mom had a dowser come to check her bedroom and the dowser found a crossing of 'water veins' (Wasser Adern) at the bed place of my father. 'Water veins' are the most common expression of some noxious energy but are not necessarily water veins. Well, this caught my attention and I researched the literature. Two physicians, Dr. Manfred Curry and Dr. Ernst Hartmann, discovered so-called grid-systems ('Curry Grid' & 'Hartmann Grid'). The crossing of those grid lines can affect ones health and sleep. In the late 1970s or early 1980s, I started to learn dowsing.

Here a detailed story from my high school friend Klaus, his wife Gabi, and their youngest son Marco:

After they got married (some 35 years ago), they bought a flat-roof house and eventually added a second floor, and they moved the bedrooms upstairs. Then their sleep & health problems started. When I heard about it, I dowsed for these noxious zones in the downstairs dining/living room (above which the bedrooms were located) and found a strong 'line' that went through the room. They moved their bed accordingly and found relief. Marco's bedroom was also compromised. He did not finish high school but only middle school and in Germany, you can get a middle school diploma, so for that achievement, Klaus & Gabi built him a bed located into the corner of his bedroom, which avoided the noxious energy 'line'. He not only started to sleep better but he became interested again in higher education. He went back to school, his grades improved dramatically (almost top of class), and finished high school and went on to attend the university!! He now has a great job with the German Bundesbahn. Quite amazing story, just with a small change in the location of the bed! Over the years, they noticed that plants in their indoor planter, which is the divider between their living and dining room(s), had some areas where plants just wouldn't prosper. Plants would get flees, had mediocre growth, they were getting into a sad state. This was where this noxious energy 'line' were going through their house. Also in the front- and backyards, plants were not doing well on this 'line'. I read about this phenomena many times in the dowsing literature.

I also have helped a family here in Reno, all of which have had sleep problems. The teenager boy had ADHD, did not sleep through the night and of course can't concentrate in school because of this. I had experimented with shielding & grounding the bed (see Dr. James Oschman, Clint Ober, book 'Earthing', or the video 'Grounding - The Movie'). I met Dr. Oschman 15 years ago and we discussed the benefit of sleeping grounded. Since my father's passing, I always slept with a grounded metal screen underneath my mattress but was not in physical contact with the ground. Dr. Oschman believed that by not being grounded, one would lose electrons due to static electricity build up from friction of the pajama and the bed sheets, etc. He also gave me a grounding set to try out, which I did. I did not notice any difference during my sleep being actually in electrical contact with the ground. But then I remembered his comment of 'loosing electrons'. So if loosing electrons is bad, then why not give yourself some extra electrons? So I cut the grounding wire in the middle and inserted three 9V batteries in series, with the negative pol to the grounding pad and the positive pol to ground. There is no current flowing, it is an 'open circuit'. So I went to sleep, with the expectation of sleeping really well. Not so! I woke up from terrible nightmares! I had to disconnect the batteries and continued my sleep just grounded. The next night I switched the polarity of the batteries, so I connected the positive pole to the grounding pad and the negative pol to ground, sleeping on a positive 27V potential (comes to mind the funny part of Young Frankenstein, where Gene Wilder in his role as Dr. Fankenstein reads out loud notes from his father's journal about the discovery with the switching in polarity...) I slept through the night without noticing any difference from just sleeping grounded. Now a friend of mine replicated this with a 100V dry-cell battery and a conductive fabric. He also started with the negative polarity and told me that not only had he had the worst nightmares of his life but also that the dream content was absolutely disgusting! He also woke up and had to disconnect the battery to continue his sleep normally. The next night he switched the polarity and again, with no difference to sleeping just grounded (or no ground at all)!

So back to the teenager. I provided a roll of aluminum fly screen from Home Depot and made a cable connected to the safety ground of an AC-plug with a single 9V battery connected between ground and the wire that would go to the aluminum screen. With the positive pol going to the screen, of course. I gave the grandmother, who is taking care of the boy, instructions to put the screen underneath the mattress and to connect the open end of the cable to the screen and then plug the other end with the safety ground plug into the power outlet next to the bed. Since that very night, the boy now sleeps through each night and is completely 'transformed'. He no longer is jumpy and nervous but is now very calm, his ADHD is gone! In the same household also lives an adult man with autism, and a younger boy with seizures, all of them have sleep problems. I learned about the condition of this family piece by piece, and each time, adding the screen with the grounding wire & 9V battery did the trick! The younger boy has no more seizures. I asked to visit the home to see what is wrong with it but haven't succeeded in this yet - but hope to do this in the near future. I told them they should move to a different home. The 'shielding' somehow works, I don't know why and I don't know if that really gets rid of the underlying problem. Moving the bed (or moving into a better home) is probably better in the long term.

You can also purchase earthing bed sheets on Amazon. They come with a grounding wire and an AC plug tester that measures proper safety ground connection in the home wiring. I tested sleeping on this grounded bed sheet. I noticed, as was also reported, a slight increase of my heart rate when lying down. I wonder if the grounding sheet affects the natural polarity pulsing from the heart (as it is picked up with ECG equipment) across the body, by sort of shortening it out? I am going to order a half-sheet, then only the legs will be in contact with the grounding sheet.

Other things that have benefited my sleep and/or caused vivid dreaming: The 'Earth Pulse' device and Slim Spurling's 'Acu-Vac' coil . The Acu-Vac coil is most bizarre but works. Here another story: Years ago, I brought my Acu-Vac coil with me to Germany on a visit and lend it to my friends Klaus & Gabi. Both of them felt like sleeping in a 'cocoon', a very pleasant feeling. Then they gave it to their son Marco to try out and he slept so well with it that he would not want to return it, so I had to have him keep it!! After months he would occasionally lend it back to his parents, only to demand it back after a few nights!

Acu-Vac Coils

PEMF Therapy: Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy vs. Nighttime PEMF

The Earth Pulse produces magnetic pulses that relate to the brain's frequencies during different sleep stages, so it induces these sleep stages during sleep. You get lulled into sleep and it wakes you up after the programmed time has lapsed. My son and my younger brother in Germany use it, too. There are videos online that show dramatic improvements of an elderly man with Parkinson's.

There is so much more to talk about this...

With best wishes, Stephan

OP
Bahaa El wazzan
My psychiatrist prescribed cyproheptadine a couple of months ago. At first, even a low dose left me groggy the next day but, after trying some other meds she's prescribed, last year, I went back to 4mg of cyproheptadine because it, along with .5 mg of clonidine and 150mg of lithium carbonate allows me to sleep without bizarre, disruptive dreams. And I've not experienced any constipation, as some have encountered. On that note, my gut function improved when I put bread back into my diet. After a year and a half gluten free, I had an intense desire for a sandwich. Bought artismal sour dough bread at Whole Foods. I don't eat it everyday, but most days, lol, one or two slices.

But, as for cyproheptadine for sleep, like everything else, YMMV. If you can't get an rx I believe you can buy it online from Mexico.
Omg thanks Bro

I really appreciate it

OP
Bahaa El wazzan
Wake up at the exact same time everyday and go to sleep at the exact same time everynight. Sleep with calming ambient noise like the sound of rain. I would avoid drugs unless you really need them- even drugs like cyproheptadine that people mention all the time around here... they can have side effects. Eat cuts of meat that have higher gelatin content- ribs, shanks, neck, oxtail... The studies i've seen with glycine improving sleep used 3 grams if you want to try that.

Also caffeine too close to bed can disturb sleep.
I wish that but I'm a student so I don't have exact time to sleep ... though my last cup of tea is a 6 pm

Thanks Bro :)

tara

I would avoid drugs unless you really need them- even drugs like cyproheptadine that people mention all the time around here... they can have side effects.
I like the idea of trying to solve the issue with the basics first before considering drugs
- Food, incl. enough carbs through the day to get glycogen stores up. Have a small carby (and maybe salty) snack by bed and see if it can get you back to sleep quickly. (This was a key one for me.)
- Gelatin or glycine and/or milk in the evening is worth trying, maybe with extra sugar added.
- Sunlight in the daytime, reduce blue light in the evening
- Try avoiding caffeine in the evening, for from afternoon, or altogether, to see if any of those variants work better for you. \
- Keep warm enough in bed.

OP
Bahaa El wazzan
Hi! Now something completely different (way-off the Peat Diet topics):

I have solved the sleep & health problems of one of my high school friend's family back in Germany and several other people here in Reno. And it has to do with 'earth energies', if you could stay with me for a while, since this is very controversial. It started with the illness and death of my dear father, you contracted stomach cancer and passed away while I was 18 years old. He was 52 years old at the time, it was horrifying to watch what he had to go through. After a few years later, my mom had a dowser come to check her bedroom and the dowser found a crossing of 'water veins' (Wasser Adern) at the bed place of my father. 'Water veins' are the most common expression of some noxious energy but are not necessarily water veins. Well, this caught my attention and I researched the literature. Two physicians, Dr. Manfred Curry and Dr. Ernst Hartmann, discovered so-called grid-systems ('Curry Grid' & 'Hartmann Grid'). The crossing of those grid lines can affect ones health and sleep. In the late 1970s or early 1980s, I started to learn dowsing.

Here a detailed story from my high school friend Klaus, his wife Gabi, and their youngest son Marco:

After they got married (some 35 years ago), they bought a flat-roof house and eventually added a second floor, and they moved the bedrooms upstairs. Then their sleep & health problems started. When I heard about it, I dowsed for these noxious zones in the downstairs dining/living room (above which the bedrooms were located) and found a strong 'line' that went through the room. They moved their bed accordingly and found relief. Marco's bedroom was also compromised. He did not finish high school but only middle school and in Germany, you can get a middle school diploma, so for that achievement, Klaus & Gabi built him a bed located into the corner of his bedroom, which avoided the noxious energy 'line'. He not only started to sleep better but he became interested again in higher education. He went back to school, his grades improved dramatically (almost top of class), and finished high school and went on to attend the university!! He now has a great job with the German Bundesbahn. Quite amazing story, just with a small change in the location of the bed! Over the years, they noticed that plants in their indoor planter, which is the divider between their living and dining room(s), had some areas where plants just wouldn't prosper. Plants would get flees, had mediocre growth, they were getting into a sad state. This was where this noxious energy 'line' were going through their house. Also in the front- and backyards, plants were not doing well on this 'line'. I read about this phenomena many times in the dowsing literature.

I also have helped a family here in Reno, all of which have had sleep problems. The teenager boy had ADHD, did not sleep through the night and of course can't concentrate in school because of this. I had experimented with shielding & grounding the bed (see Dr. James Oschman, Clint Ober, book 'Earthing', or the video 'Grounding - The Movie'). I met Dr. Oschman 15 years ago and we discussed the benefit of sleeping grounded. Since my father's passing, I always slept with a grounded metal screen underneath my mattress but was not in physical contact with the ground. Dr. Oschman believed that by not being grounded, one would lose electrons due to static electricity build up from friction of the pajama and the bed sheets, etc. He also gave me a grounding set to try out, which I did. I did not notice any difference during my sleep being actually in electrical contact with the ground. But then I remembered his comment of 'loosing electrons'. So if loosing electrons is bad, then why not give yourself some extra electrons? So I cut the grounding wire in the middle and inserted three 9V batteries in series, with the negative pol to the grounding pad and the positive pol to ground. There is no current flowing, it is an 'open circuit'. So I went to sleep, with the expectation of sleeping really well. Not so! I woke up from terrible nightmares! I had to disconnect the batteries and continued my sleep just grounded. The next night I switched the polarity of the batteries, so I connected the positive pole to the grounding pad and the negative pol to ground, sleeping on a positive 27V potential (comes to mind the funny part of Young Frankenstein, where Gene Wilder in his role as Dr. Fankenstein reads out loud notes from his father's journal about the discovery with the switching in polarity...) I slept through the night without noticing any difference from just sleeping grounded. Now a friend of mine replicated this with a 100V dry-cell battery and a conductive fabric. He also started with the negative polarity and told me that not only had he had the worst nightmares of his life but also that the dream content was absolutely disgusting! He also woke up and had to disconnect the battery to continue his sleep normally. The next night he switched the polarity and again, with no difference to sleeping just grounded (or no ground at all)!

So back to the teenager. I provided a roll of aluminum fly screen from Home Depot and made a cable connected to the safety ground of an AC-plug with a single 9V battery connected between ground and the wire that would go to the aluminum screen. With the positive pol going to the screen, of course. I gave the grandmother, who is taking care of the boy, instructions to put the screen underneath the mattress and to connect the open end of the cable to the screen and then plug the other end with the safety ground plug into the power outlet next to the bed. Since that very night, the boy now sleeps through each night and is completely 'transformed'. He no longer is jumpy and nervous but is now very calm, his ADHD is gone! In the same household also lives an adult man with autism, and a younger boy with seizures, all of them have sleep problems. I learned about the condition of this family piece by piece, and each time, adding the screen with the grounding wire & 9V battery did the trick! The younger boy has no more seizures. I asked to visit the home to see what is wrong with it but haven't succeeded in this yet - but hope to do this in the near future. I told them they should move to a different home. The 'shielding' somehow works, I don't know why and I don't know if that really gets rid of the underlying problem. Moving the bed (or moving into a better home) is probably better in the long term.

You can also purchase earthing bed sheets on Amazon. They come with a grounding wire and an AC plug tester that measures proper safety ground connection in the home wiring. I tested sleeping on this grounded bed sheet. I noticed, as was also reported, a slight increase of my heart rate when lying down. I wonder if the grounding sheet affects the natural polarity pulsing from the heart (as it is picked up with ECG equipment) across the body, by sort of shortening it out? I am going to order a half-sheet, then only the legs will be in contact with the grounding sheet.

Other things that have benefited my sleep and/or caused vivid dreaming: The 'Earth Pulse' device and Slim Spurling's 'Acu-Vac' coil . The Acu-Vac coil is most bizarre but works. Here another story: Years ago, I brought my Acu-Vac coil with me to Germany on a visit and lend it to my friends Klaus & Gabi. Both of them felt like sleeping in a 'cocoon', a very pleasant feeling. Then they gave it to their son Marco to try out and he slept so well with it that he would not want to return it, so I had to have him keep it!! After months he would occasionally lend it back to his parents, only to demand it back after a few nights!

Acu-Vac Coils

PEMF Therapy: Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy vs. Nighttime PEMF

The Earth Pulse produces magnetic pulses that relate to the brain's frequencies during different sleep stages, so it induces these sleep stages during sleep. You get lulled into sleep and it wakes you up after the programmed time has lapsed. My son and my younger brother in Germany use it, too. There are videos online that show dramatic improvements of an elderly man with Parkinson's.

There is so much more to talk about this...

With best wishes, Stephan

Mmmmmm thanks :)

I'm watching it ... thanks a lot

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals