I Want To Buy Ray Peat A New Mic

Gadsie

I love his interviews, but the sound quality bothers me, and I think many others. I don’t know if his interviews are conducted through phone, but I emailed him saying I want to offer him a new microphone. I didn’t get a reply. Perhaps the e-mail seemed a bit mockish towards him but that was not my intention. I truly think that better sound quality could help spread his ideas further.

Does anyone on this forum maybe have more personal contact with him?

J

jb116

I love his interviews, but the sound quality bothers me, and I think many others. I don’t know if his interviews are conducted through phone, but I emailed him saying I want to offer him a new microphone. I didn’t get a reply. Perhaps the e-mail seemed a bit mockish towards him but that was not my intention. I truly think that better sound quality could help spread his ideas further.

Does anyone on this forum maybe have more personal contact with him?
This is been my life's work and unfortunately in this situation it's not about the microphone. Essentially all of the interviews that raypeat has been in he's been on the phone and they have taken the audio of the phone stream. Which really isn't the best method for recording especially these days where you have so many different Avenues to record audio over the internet. I I've emailed the herb doctors one time and never got a response about this oh, I essentially wanted to set something up to at least advise to record audio over a different method or at least try to post process and enhance the recorded phone audio. This is what I do for master John.

DButter

Gadsie and jb116 I'm sure you're not the first to think of this and neither I'm sure was I, when I offered pretty much what you did, Gadsie - I also offered him a new mic, and also a speaker and video camera because he told me he doesn't have these. I think he simply doesn't want them, because he replied essentially that his "phone is complicated enough, and has good sound quality."

rei

I can perfectly understand his stance on this issue. Something else is wrong if you cannot get acceptable audio quality from a mobile phone.

Pulstar

Yes, it sounds like a phone line interview, perhaps a mobile phone. If Ray is not using a dedicated head set with a built in mic (some of them have noise cancelling etc), quality can be really so so.

inurendotoxin

I sort of view Ray as a wise oracle who dispenses his knowledge, by invitation, and at his discretion.

I think he's perhaps less interested in spreading his ideas as zealously as the community that follows him. His whole philosophy seems to be centred around engaging with life and nature in a meaningful way, much more than selling his knowledge or keeping up with the latest technology.

I get the impression that some folks (including those that subscribe to his newsletter) see him as transactional, and I doubt that he shares that perspective.

Like, supposing you send him a new mic - it's still Ray who has to invest the time and trouble to set it up (including skype, most probably) and get it all working for the benefit of an audience he never intentionally cultivated.

I think it's incredible he still agrees to be recorded at all. It's probably pushing it somewhat to ask him to upgrade his equipment so we can hear him better.

postman

I sort of view Ray as a wise oracle who dispenses his knowledge, by invitation, and at his discretion.

I think he's perhaps less interested in spreading his ideas as zealously as the community that follows him. His whole philosophy seems to be centred around engaging with life and nature in a meaningful way, much more than selling his knowledge or keeping up with the latest technology.

I get the impression that some folks (including those that subscribe to his newsletter) see him as transactional, and I doubt that he shares that perspective.

Like, supposing you send him a new mic - it's still Ray who has to invest the time and trouble to set it up (including skype, most probably) and get it all working for the benefit of an audience he never intentionally cultivated.

I think it's incredible he still agrees to be recorded at all. It's probably pushing it somewhat to ask him to upgrade his equipment so we can hear him better.
wow

DButter

Yes. I like this.

I felt exactly this way when he declined my offer, that I needn’t push it anymore; and I felt almost bad that I had offered at all - as if he wouldn’t already have that technology at this point if he had wanted it (kind of like you said, inurendotoxin).

And I agree it’s incredible that he agrees to have a recorded conversation at all; that he seems to not feel the need to go with increased tech, almost adds to his coolness, I think, and to his mystique.

inurendotoxin

Yes. I like this.

I felt exactly this way when he declined my offer, that I needn’t push it anymore; and I felt almost bad that I had offered at all - as if he wouldn’t already have that technology at this point if he had wanted it (kind of like you said, inurendotoxin).

And I agree it’s incredible that he agrees to have a recorded conversation at all; that he seems to not feel the need to go with increased tech, almost adds to his coolness, I think, and to his mystique.

I'm sure your offer was respectful, David! And not out of context anyways. That interview was great btw. One of the better ones IMO.

I mean, I wouldn't complain if he upgraded his mic - I would also like to hear him better. But I'm not convinced it's something the public should feel entitled to. The man is 82 years old ffs - how many of us would even be working at that age?

I'm sure as Ray's popularity grows so does the barrage of emails that clutter his inbox. To have the discernment and patience to still reply to some of them, some of the time is commendable.

I think if I'm in Ray's shoes I'd have unplugged that phone 10 years ago and dumped my computer on KMUD guy's property.. :laughing:

DButter

I'm sure your offer was respectful, David! And not out of context anyways. That interview was great btw. One of the better ones IMO.

I mean, I wouldn't complain if he upgraded his mic - I would also like to hear him better. But I'm not convinced it's something the public should feel entitled to. The man is 82 years old ffs - how many of us would even be working at that age?

I'm sure as Ray's popularity grows so does the barrage of emails that clutter his inbox. To have the discernment and patience to still reply to some of them, some of the time is commendable.

I think if I'm in Ray's shoes I'd have unplugged that phone 10 years ago and dumped my computer on KMUD guy's property.. :laughing:

Thank you, Inurendotoxin!, I appreciate your sentiment.

Regarding Ray's email inbox, yes!, I can't imagine being Ray, looking at some of those and trying to decide - time being precious - which ones to respond to. I agree with you that just to respond to some of them, is commendable.

Cheers!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals