I turned my body into metabolic furnace

Daimyo

Hi guys and gals, I wanted to share with you what really helped me to get my metabolism up... I read Matt Stone's book - Eat for Heat, and I started to limit the amount of water/liquids I drink. I also almost don't drink any water. When I'm thirsty I drink orange or apple juice... The effect if more than I could expect - my temperature is around 37.0*C most of the time. When I add some coconut oils it goes as high as 37.3...

My digestion is also much better.

tara

Congratulations.
When your metabolism ramps up and you pee starts to get darker, you you may want to add in a bit more liquid again. Both over- and under-hydration can be problematic.

OP
Daimyo

Daimyo

Thanks tara,

I got a refractometer, so I got it under control. I bought it to measure the quality of plants. I guess Carey Reams was onto something in health department as well!

For time being I'm still on 4 grains of Thiroyd, but with time I will try decrease the dose.

Xisca

Hi permie! I think this is going with the idea that lower rainfall areas are less depleted of nutrients! I am working with my soil as well, as the fruits I produce are not sweet, whether bananas or melons. Same as I use bone broth, I look for a sustainable way to put phosphorus into my soil.
Haha, we also have to turn our soils into metabolic furnaces!

InChristAlone

Yeah too much water when a fruit is ripening will make it less sweet. I am growing 7 big cantaloupes and we've been getting more rain than usual... hopefully they are good!

tara

I think Reams was probably brilliant on the biochemistry of growing healthy plants, animals, and humans. :)

With your refractometer, are you following Reams' or Stone's guidelines? The RBTI crew were horrified by Matt's suggestions.

jyb

Would you say the difference with Matt's diet is the water content rather than fructose/insulin response? Because I know in practice reducing liquid could also mean more starch and less OJ for example - that could also be a huge difference in fructose not just liquid. A different blood sugar response for 2-3 hours post-meal could easily explain temperature increase (not necessarily in a good way, I should say). Matt seems to have had a different view on insulin at least once. So I wonder what's the real variable being changed here.

OP
Daimyo

Daimyo

@Xisca
If your soil needs phosphorus just go for what's available and you can afford it. If you need phosphorus the cheapest source is usually superphosphate. It's technically not "sustainable" but so is rock phosphate (it's going to end at one point in time). The improvement in quality when you add phosphorus and calcium to the soil is just huge. One of the best things you can do is to invest in soil test. Logan Labs will do you a nice soil test, that will tell you what you need. You can test for macro and micronutrients + test for cobalt, selenium and silica for 30$. No more guessing.

@Tara
I'm doing "standard" Peat diet + home made hamburgers. Not going full Reams BTI, except of testing for urine sometimes. Now I just know that my urine should be quite yellow (not the darker the better, just yellow).

@jyb
Yes, the factor that made a difference for me was water content. I was already eating spoonfuls of honey every hour or so, but it didn't change how I was feeling too much. My main carb before was honey/fruit/sugar/fruit juice. Now it's pretty much the same + a bit of bread. My temp is up and so is my well being.

tara

Daimyo said:
I'm doing "standard" Peat diet + home made hamburgers. Not going full Reams BTI, except of testing for urine sometimes. Now I just know that my urine should be quite yellow (not the darker the better, just yellow).
Reams aimed for urine brix in the range 1 - 2 (optimally 1.5). Stone aimed much higher. I think you are following Stone.

OP
Daimyo

Daimyo

@tara
Indeed Stone wants it higher:

"The big question is, how concentrated should our urine be? One indicator of urine concentration is a measurement known as specific gravity. That would be a number that increases as the amount of dissolved particles in the urine increases. Normal appears to be between a specific gravity range of 1.012 to 1.030. A practical way to measure this, and a tool that I used extensively to arrive at some of these conclusions, is to use an instrument known as a refractometer. The unit of measurement with a refractometer is called “brix.” A specific gravity of 1.012 to 1.030 translates to roughly 3 to 7.5 brix. When I first encountered the use of the refractometer I was really blown away. Feelings of cold hands and feet, bad moods, and other very mild symptoms occurred consistently when my urine brix had fallen below 2.0 or was rapidly descending. By descending I mean that I could take a urine sample when I felt a lull in mood and energy levels coming on in the normal 4-5 range, but an hour later would have a sudden urge to urinate and it would be somewhere between 1-2. I tested to the point where I could actually predict when my urine concentration was about to get weak just based upon my biofeedback. I even got to where I could guess within a point of what my urine concentration was going to be just based on how I felt. It was a remarkable revelation."

Stone, Matt (2013-11-24). Eat for Heat: The Metabolic Approach to Food and Drink (pp. 21-22). Archangel Ink. Kindle Edition.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals