I Tried Levodopa/Carbidopa

nasibi

I have anhedonia and tried Levodopa/Carbidopa 100/25 mg. No effect. My dopamine receptors seem to be not working.

Prosper

More likely: your receptors are just fine and the cause is elsewhere.

x-ray peat

I know this may seem trite but the problem could be behavioral in that you just haven't been doing a lot of fun things. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy type thing. Force yourself to get out and do some new and interesting things. Let neuroplasticity go to work.

OP
N

nasibi

I know this may seem trite but the problem could be behavioral in that you just haven't been doing a lot of fun things. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy type thing. Force yourself to get out and do some new and interesting things. Let neuroplasticity go to work.

Please delete your comment.

logicalscout

Have you had your hormones tested (Pregnenelone, Progesterone, DHEA, Testosterone, Estrogen)?

I'm in a similar situation after being on SSRI's for years and having persistent effects (anhedonia being one of them). Dopamine precursors don't have an effect any more (L-Tyrosine) but testing found I had low testosterone, estrogen.

OP
N

nasibi

Have you had your hormones tested (Pregnenelone, Progesterone, DHEA, Testosterone, Estrogen)?

I'm in a similar situation after being on SSRI's for years and having persistent effects (anhedonia being one of them). Dopamine precursors don't have an effect any more (L-Tyrosine) but testing found I had low testosterone, estrogen.

The problem is that I got my symptoms from taking exogenous testosterone. I know no body gets such a paradoxical effect from testosterone, but I did. And to make it clear it wasn't that after I stopped taking it, that my symtoms arised but rather from the get go and within weeks it got full blown. But I didn't realize till long after it was all from the exogenous test. Now it has been months since I quit the test, but still have all the symptoms like anhedonia, sexual problems etc.

My anhedonia is very problamatic in that I don't respond to any drug either. I have tried amphetamine, opioids and other dopaminergic drugs and they have zero effect on me. Whereas before when I was healthy I could use a small dose of any of those drugs occasionally and I would feel good and euphoric for hours. It is really frustrating.

logicalscout

Have you had your hormones tested after ceasing use of the exogenous testosterone? How much and how long did you use it? I know long term use can use a negative feedback loop and cause your testicles to stop producing it. In the bodybuilding world, they use HCG and Clomid to restart the natural production (a.k.a post cycle therapy). It might be worth getting a full hormone and thyroid panel to get some data to rule out certain things.

OP
N

nasibi

Have you had your hormones tested after ceasing use of the exogenous testosterone? How much and how long did you use it? I know long term use can use a negative feedback loop and cause your testicles to stop producing it. In the bodybuilding world, they use HCG and Clomid to restart the natural production (a.k.a post cycle therapy). It might be worth getting a full hormone and thyroid panel to get some data to rule out certain things.

Yes, I am very well acquinted with the whole negative feedback loop and the PCT thing. I did a full pct. I agree a full hormone blood panel may give an insight of what might be wrong. But very little hope in that. I think my hormones are perfectly fine.