I Took Finasteride And I Regret It - Need Answers

staylort

I suffer from low libido, lower erection quality and like 80% numbness for my penis. Symptoms have been slowly improving after quitting it 6 months ago. The most nagging issue is the libido and numbness. Do you guys have any advice whatsoever on how to tackle these issues?

I've read multiple threads about this but I have questions.

Supplement Protocol:
2.5mg pregnelone pill form daily
5mg DHEA daily
5a-DHP 5mg (1mg per drop) from Idea labs
Androsterone 5mg (1mg per drop) from Idea Labs
A general multi vitamin

Questions:

1) How do you take the 5a-DHP drops and androsterone drops from Idealabs. Do you just drop them in your mouth and swallow?

Total Test = 586 (100-1200)
Free Test = 76 (20-150)
DHT = 24 (16-79)
DHEA = 286 (200-600)

My DHEA used to be 100 points higher before finasteride.

If you guys could offer any advice that would be great.

OP
S

staylort

What kind of test? Also what about the drops I mentioned earlier?

tallglass13

According to some Chinese doctors, you must have a DHT level between 30 and 50 to have good functioning penis, and penis enlargement... You should focus on Liver Health as well cleansing the liver with dandelion and milk thistle...

sladerunner69

I suffer from low libido, lower erection quality and like 80% numbness for my penis. Symptoms have been slowly improving after quitting it 6 months ago. The most nagging issue is the libido and numbness. Do you guys have any advice whatsoever on how to tackle these issues?

I've read multiple threads about this but I have questions.

Supplement Protocol:
2.5mg pregnelone pill form daily
5mg DHEA daily
5a-DHP 5mg (1mg per drop) from Idea labs
Androsterone 5mg (1mg per drop) from Idea Labs
A general multi vitamin

Questions:

1) How do you take the 5a-DHP drops and androsterone drops from Idealabs. Do you just drop them in your mouth and swallow?

Total Test = 586 (100-1200)
Free Test = 76 (20-150)
DHT = 24 (16-79)
DHEA = 286 (200-600)

My DHEA used to be 100 points higher before finasteride.

If you guys could offer any advice that would be great.

I've dealt with post-finasteride for years too.

Your labs seem to indicate that your testosterone is back in full swing, but it is not converting to DHT enough. That is from 5ar inhibition. That could also be responsible for DHEA decrease. Further, it is likely accompanied by a decrease in pregnenolone synthesis, as well as all hormones downstream of the 5ar enzyme, such as 5adhp, allopregnanolone.

In my view, the trick with this problem has been to be able to increase these good hormones downstream of 5ar, while keeping stress hormones at bay. This may seem a whole lot more straightforward than it is- it's really not an easy thing to accomplish, and everyone seems to respond slightly differently to different things.

For instance, I initially did quite well on a combination of pregnenolone/dhea. An increase in these "building block" hormones motivated my body to produce more allopregnanolone and dht. I felt more energy, and more libido. However, after a couple of weeks the effect of taking things began to wane off, and whenever I took them I knew I would feel extra tired and irritable a few hours later. Progesterone makes me more relaxed, and benefits my mood. However, it also seems to lower my libido and leave me feeling to weak to get any work done. It's better to take at the end of a day once in a while. I took androsterone, and the first day noticed a major increase in penile sensitivity, and confidence. However after a few days that effect began to wane and I would increase the dose, which left me feeling irritable and tired, similar to how the dhea had me feeling. I also just felt weird, like I couldn't concentrate on the experience. When I took 5adhp I probably had the best results, I felt happy and relaxed, with less anxiety. It didn't do wonders for my libido or anything, but it finally had me really enjoying myself again. After a few weeks the effect began to wear off, and I would have to take a week break before getting back on it again.

Instead of taking hormones, I felt a bit more balanced and normal when I tried just vitamins, caffeine, and minerals:
I've also had good results taking large doses of caffeine with niacinamide for energy. 200mg caffeine pill with 500mg niacinamide. Vitamin b6, just 10-20mg, seems to help my mood too. Magnesium helps with anxiety and increasing GABA. Gelatin/glycine also is good anti-anxiety. L-theanine was very anti-anxiety, but I felt kind of strange every time I tried it, so I stopped.

When I first took t3 in 2014 I noticed immediate benefits, almost like I could see/feel again after feeling bad/listless for so long. It's very difficult to dial in the right dose, though. Too much too quickly and you can easily find yourself in hyperthyroid territory, which is like constant, uncontrollable anxiety, leading to panic attacks and insomnia. When I began incorporating t3/t4 this happened.

Ultimately, I've now settled on a supplement routine with the adage "less is usually more". I leave all of supplements in the medicine cabinet, for when I feel like I could use a specific substance for a particular purpose. If I need a quick boost in energy for the gym, I may take 2mg dhea/10mg preg. If I'm feeling stressed from a big project, I'll take a little thyroid. If I need to relax, I go for 5adhp or prog.

The only things I take everyday now are magnesium, b6, niacinamide, and of course coffee w/gelatin. Of course, I try to diet in the peaty fashion, getting plenty of sugars and nutrients from orange juice, ripe fruits. I drink a lot of milk and make milk pancakes and eat a little cheese, for the calcium and protein. I eat raw carrots every day, usually before bed. I use bright light, 2 bulbs shining on my naked body for 15 min, in the morning and evening.

OP
S

staylort

I've dealt with post-finasteride for years too.

Your labs seem to indicate that your testosterone is back in full swing, but it is not converting to DHT enough. That is from 5ar inhibition. That could also be responsible for DHEA decrease. Further, it is likely accompanied by a decrease in pregnenolone synthesis, as well as all hormones downstream of the 5ar enzyme, such as 5adhp, allopregnanolone.

In my view, the trick with this problem has been to be able to increase these good hormones downstream of 5ar, while keeping stress hormones at bay. This may seem a whole lot more straightforward than it is- it's really not an easy thing to accomplish, and everyone seems to respond slightly differently to different things.

For instance, I initially did quite well on a combination of pregnenolone/dhea. An increase in these "building block" hormones motivated my body to produce more allopregnanolone and dht. I felt more energy, and more libido. However, after a couple of weeks the effect of taking things began to wane off, and whenever I took them I knew I would feel extra tired and irritable a few hours later. Progesterone makes me more relaxed, and benefits my mood. However, it also seems to lower my libido and leave me feeling to weak to get any work done. It's better to take at the end of a day once in a while. I took androsterone, and the first day noticed a major increase in penile sensitivity, and confidence. However after a few days that effect began to wane and I would increase the dose, which left me feeling irritable and tired, similar to how the dhea had me feeling. I also just felt weird, like I couldn't concentrate on the experience. When I took 5adhp I probably had the best results, I felt happy and relaxed, with less anxiety. It didn't do wonders for my libido or anything, but it finally had me really enjoying myself again. After a few weeks the effect began to wear off, and I would have to take a week break before getting back on it again.

Instead of taking hormones, I felt a bit more balanced and normal when I tried just vitamins, caffeine, and minerals:
I've also had good results taking large doses of caffeine with niacinamide for energy. 200mg caffeine pill with 500mg niacinamide. Vitamin b6, just 10-20mg, seems to help my mood too. Magnesium helps with anxiety and increasing GABA. Gelatin/glycine also is good anti-anxiety. L-theanine was very anti-anxiety, but I felt kind of strange every time I tried it, so I stopped.

When I first took t3 in 2014 I noticed immediate benefits, almost like I could see/feel again after feeling bad/listless for so long. It's very difficult to dial in the right dose, though. Too much too quickly and you can easily find yourself in hyperthyroid territory, which is like constant, uncontrollable anxiety, leading to panic attacks and insomnia. When I began incorporating t3/t4 this happened.

Ultimately, I've now settled on a supplement routine with the adage "less is usually more". I leave all of supplements in the medicine cabinet, for when I feel like I could use a specific substance for a particular purpose. If I need a quick boost in energy for the gym, I may take 2mg dhea/10mg preg. If I'm feeling stressed from a big project, I'll take a little thyroid. If I need to relax, I go for 5adhp or prog.

The only things I take everyday now are magnesium, b6, niacinamide, and of course coffee w/gelatin. Of course, I try to diet in the peaty fashion, getting plenty of sugars and nutrients from orange juice, ripe fruits. I drink a lot of milk and make milk pancakes and eat a little cheese, for the calcium and protein. I eat raw carrots every day, usually before bed. I use bright light, 2 bulbs shining on my naked body for 15 min, in the morning and evening.

Did you fully recover? Can you please describe your symptoms and which ones recovered?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
According to some Chinese doctors, you must have a DHT level between 30 and 50 to have good functioning penis, and penis enlargement... You should focus on Liver Health as well cleansing the liver with dandelion and milk thistle...

I also strongly support Artichoke extract. It's a nice liver protecting herb and does some to have some minor nootropic effects (PDE4 inhibition).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals