I Think Wearing Gold Increases Progesterone

Jing

2ec.jpg
You know it's not hard to take a picture before and after putting on a necklace?? Also do you believe everything you read on the internet?

OP
L

lampofred

Finding studies that say gold nanoparticles increase testosterone and lower estradiol. Nothing on progesterone specifically but I see studies that say it increases 3B HSD, which converts pregnenolone to progesterone.

But apparently gold is not good for males in the long-run and some religions even ban males from wearing gold... Very interesting subject.

I want to email Peat but I don't know how to word it well because I think I've irritated him with my emails in the past...

Last edited:

Literally

Lol, if there is no picture it probably didn't happen. Do you believe kids when they tell you they saw santa? So do you believe in santa?

I believe there is a difference between a proposition and it's converse, @Jing. Feel free to get the last word in, I posted most of the good memes and don't really relish delving into some of the more obscure ones.

Last edited:

mangoes

I think the problem with these kind of experiences re: the physical effects, is that it’s subjective, and people just aren’t omniscient. Many people are often fooled themselves by variables as simple as angles, lighting, for example. I’ve known people who had bad skin, look in a mirror under certain light conditions and truly believe their skin was suddenly in better condition.

The reality as an outside observer who could view the skin, was that nothing had really changed. You can really see everything under light conditions such as full, direct sunlight.

This isn’t to say what OP experienced isn’t true, or that wearing gold can’t have a physiological effect, but more in response to what this thread has become. Whilst I believe change can be quick and happen within a day, it isn’t nonsensical to think that someone may be fooled into seeing such changes because of other variables. Yes, they really do see a difference, but is there an actual difference?

Healthy skepticism (even in regards to your own personal experience) and objective evidence is a necessity, imo. Separating the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. There have been plenty of times I’ve had an experience and was sure that x and y was the cause, only to discover later that that was far from the truth.

To put blind faith into an experience just because it’s an “experience” is just as bad as denouncing an experience like everyone is jumping on Jing for, imo.

Literally

Well said. Since thinking logically is based around hypothesis, though, it isn't a huge burden. We accept anecdotes as a working hypothesis (in the sense of an IF - THEN construct). My point isn't that we have to accept every anecdote as gospel, only that having a productive and respectful conversation generally requires taking experiences at face value -- unless there is a compelling reason not to.

I think you can be perfectly respectful and say "this is how you might have fooled yourself here". But it isn't what happened today.

mangoes

My point isn't that we have to accept every anecdote as gospel, only that having a productive and respectful conversation generally requires taking experiences at face value -- unless there is a compelling reason not to.

I think you can be perfectly respectful and say "this is how you might have fooled yourself here". But it isn't what happened today.

True dat

BigChad

Finding studies that say gold nanoparticles increase testosterone and lower estradiol. Nothing on progesterone specifically but I see studies that say it increases 3B HSD, which converts pregnenolone to progesterone.

But apparently gold is not good for males in the long-run and some religions even ban males from wearing gold... Very interesting subject.

I want to email Peat but I don't know how to word it well because I think I've irritated him with my emails in the past...

do you know why gold is not good for males in the long run? what effects it causes that are negative?

what about titanium, silver, platinum, steel, copper jewelry for men? or gem studded jewelry?

Tarmander

I have a couple silver coins. I notice that when I keep one in my pocket, or have one in my hand all day I feel...different. Not really in a good way though. I am reminded of the historical/religious warnings about holding/loving gold and it being an evil.

OP
L

lampofred

I have a couple silver coins. I notice that when I keep one in my pocket, or have one in my hand all day I feel...different. Not really in a good way though. I am reminded of the historical/religious warnings about holding/loving gold and it being an evil.

Isn't that supposed to mean the love of money/greed is evil? Didn't think it meant actual gold.

On a side note I never understood the religious sayings that the desire for money was the root of all evil... Isn't money desired only when you don't have enough? So isn't poverty the root of all evil...? Putting exceptional cases aside, like a billionaire concocting devious schemes to make more millions, but just speaking of typical people.

lvysaur

"heat" is probably just a synonym for "energy", and they were probably able to distinguish a stable, sustainable, coherent energy (such as what you describe) from a wasteful, extravagant, hyperactive one.

I've always thought that symptoms like verbosity, restless legs, fidgeting, etc are bad because they represent a wasting of energy that could be directed elsewhere.

Literally

Isn't money desired only when you don't have enough?

People who don't have enough want things, although they might want the money to pay for them.
People who desire more and more, even though they have enough, want money itself.

OP
L

lampofred

People who don't have enough want things, although they might want the money to pay for them.
People who desire more and more, even though they have enough, want money itself.

But who is more likely to cheat/steal/lie/etc.? People who have no money to eat or people who work hard to get promoted even though they already have stable jobs? The latter is the one who wants money just for the sake of money but it is the former who has a much greater impetus to be aggressive and unempathetic because they need to just to survive.

I do notice that for some reason poorer people seem to be more generous than rich people though, and I don't think it can entirely be explained by the "it's not that they're stingy because they're rich, it's that they're rich because they're stingy" kind of reasoning.

Last edited:

LUH 3417

But who is more likely to cheat/steal/lie/etc.? People who have no money to eat or people who work hard to get promoted even though they already have stable jobs? The latter is the one who wants money just for the sake of money but it is the former who has a much greater impetus to be aggressive and unempathetic because they need to just to survive.

I do notice that for some reason poorer people seem to be more generous than rich people though, and I don't think it can entirely be explained by the "it's not that they're stingy because they're rich, it's that they're rich because they're stingy" kind of reasoning.
Extreme wealth constantly needs to justify and rationalize its dominance over the poor. They’re stingy because they believe they are superior and don’t owe anyone anything. The Vanderbilt's thought god had chosen them to be wealthy. They also decorated their homes with statues and portraits of Louis xiv, the sun king, who adhered to the divine right of kings.

Last edited:

Tarmander

Isn't that supposed to mean the love of money/greed is evil? Didn't think it meant actual gold.

On a side note I never understood the religious sayings that the desire for money was the root of all evil... Isn't money desired only when you don't have enough? So isn't poverty the root of all evil...? Putting exceptional cases aside, like a billionaire concocting devious schemes to make more millions, but just speaking of typical people.

Yeah I know we read it usually symbolically...but every once and awhile one of these symbolic scriptures or proverbs actually has a physical reality to it that no one suspects. I wonder if having lots of gold, touching that gold all the time, looking at it, loving it...there is some allure to gold that is hard to explain until you own some. I wouldn't be surprised if there was something there but its just conjecture.

This is really not true. Rich people give enormous amounts of money.

There is always the question on whether you are a thief because you are poor and needy, or you are poor and needy because you are a thief. One explains comfortably, one gives you the responsibility.

tankasnowgod

Lol, if there is no picture it probably didn't happen. Do you believe kids when they tell you they saw santa? So do you believe in santa?

This is another poor argument. Most families do have photos of their children with Santa, if they celebrate Christmas. I also remember that documentary "Independence Day" where aliens blew up the White House. That was even better than photos, they had video evidence!

When a kid tells me that they saw Santa, I don't believe they are lying.

tankasnowgod

Silver has some really interesting properties for electronics, as does gold. We are electrical beings, and things like EMFs and Grounding have been discussed on this forum as affecting an individual. It's certainly possible it could be affecting you in some way.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals