I think vitamin K2 ruined my life.

B

Blaze

That'd be if Tribulus had been proven to trigger the pituitary to produce LH. It hasn't.

What's unnatural about HCG? It's extracted from women's urine.
Nothing unnatural about it. And it is certainly a viable treatment for fertility issues and hypogonadism. But.......there is a cream available, is there any reason to use HCG injections instead of the HCG cream? If the cream is equally effective I can’t see why injecting it would be necessary. The fact that there still are people injecting it when a cream is available makes me think the cream is no where near as effective a medium for taking HCG.

T

TheBeard

Nothing unnatural about it. And it is certainly a viable treatment for fertility issues and hypogonadism. But.......there is a cream available, is there any reason to use HCG injections instead of the HCG cream? If the cream is equally effective I can’t see why injecting it would be necessary. The fact that there still are people injecting it when a cream is available makes me think the cream is no where near as effective a medium for taking HCG.

The cream is boggus, just like HGH cream.

B

Blaze

Peptides are meant to be injected.
Hormones can be applied transdermally or taken orally.
That last comment helped a lot, so, to be sure I understand, the lipid based hormones function fine in transdermal applications, the peptide, amino acid or protein based ones - not so much then because they are water soluble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pistachio

That'd be if Tribulus had been proven to trigger the pituitary to produce LH. It hasn't.

What's unnatural about HCG? It's extracted from women's urine.

Oh, really?

TT = Tribulus Terrestris

TT and AT groups showed significantly increased testosterone level compared to control group (P=004, P=0.000, respectively) and TT, AP and AT treatment groups showed increased LH level (P=0.002, P=0.03 and P=0.000, respectively) compared to control, while only AT group showed increased FSH (p=0.006) compared to control. Improvement of fertility parameters with Tribulus Terrestris and Anacyclus Pyrethrum treatment in male rats
:smuggrin:

Again, do you want genetically modified pharma crap or nature's pharmacy?

Here's another one:

Care to retract your statement yet?

Last edited:
T

TheBeard

Oh, really?

TT = Tribulus Terrestris

:smuggrin:

Again, do you want genetically modified pharma crap or nature's pharmacy?

Here's another one:

Care to retract your statement yet?

Glad to know you identify as a rat.

This was never replicated in humans.

Aries

I think there are two kinds of HCG on the market. The newest and most expensive, alpha-HCG (brand name Ovitrelle), is manufactured by recombinant DNA technology. It has the same amino acid sequence as the cheaper, traditional HCG products which are extracted from urine.

Waynish

I took K2 for about a year daily on my scrotum (just 100-200mcg), and ever since then my life has been ruined and I think I might have PFS:

- Worst side effect: horrible OCD and thoughts that I can't get rid of. They attack again and again 24/7 and are driving me suicidal.

- Insane anxiety. I find it hard to do anything because of this. I can barely leave my room because of this anxiety and talking to people in real life or on the phone really frightens me to the point I'm on the verge of tears for literally no reason.

- Seriously lower IQ and memory loss. I've always been pretty sharp and I'm currently a mechanical engineering student. Since taking K2 and especially after stopping it, I can barely remember anything. I might honestly fail out of engineering soon because nothing is making sense to me and I can't remember things I learned just 5 minutes prior. It's a good thing it's all online now since covid started because I would have definitely dropped out if it was in person due to my anxiety. I've only passed most of my classes because I've been cheating like crazy.

- Significant hair loss. I never had the tiniest bit of hairloss in my entire life before this, neither did any man in my family ever. Now I'm losing hair like mad, new bald spots every morning.

- Sexuality is all over the place. Sometimes it's insanely high, sometimes it's nothing. Sometimes I'm attracted to women, sometimes I have no desire for them.

What is happened to me and how can I get better? I stopped taking K2 about a year ago and my symptoms sometimes feel like they are still getting worse.

You're in engineering, which makes people mental (I know, I've been an engineer before). You probably live in a crazy place. You live during a crazy time. You think in a reductionist manner. You're probably a materialist. You've told us nothing about the breadth of your life - exercise, relationships, drug use... You need to work on your liver immediately for the sake of your memory - so you can remember to do what you need to do. Perhaps you should take a break from engineering and exercise, go to sauna, drink more water, and consult some healers & whatever spirituality you feel comfortable with. Materialist reductionism is not the way.

Pistachio

Glad to know you identify as a rat.

This was never replicated in humans.

Oh please. Are you really going to dismiss it on those grounds? Laughable.

Here is a human study showing the same thing as the rat study. You didn't even bother to research what you claim. Lazy.

So this substance is able to increase the endogenous production of testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, hormone luteinizing hormone (LH), dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), and dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS)

What's your excuse going to be now?

Last edited:
T

TheBeard

Oh please. Are you really going to dismiss it on those grounds? Laughable.

Here is a human study showing the same thing as the rat study. You didn't even bother to research what you claim. Lazy.

What's your excuse going to be now?

They used three compounds at the same time to demonstrate they improve ED, and you conclude that one of them, TT, stimulates LH production just because they mention it without proof in humans?
They don't even quote the study they are refering to, if it even exists.

You should definitely stop trying to read studies, it's not for you.

Pistachio

They used three compounds at the same time to demonstrate they improve ED, and you conclude that one of them, TT, stimulates LH production just because they mention it without proof in humans?
They don't even quote the study they are refering to, if it even exists.

You should definitely stop trying to read studies, it's not for you.
...and, what, shill for Big Pharma instead?

BearWithMe

You're in engineering, which makes people mental (I know, I've been an engineer before).
This is really interesting, I'm also working as an engineer, and I feel the same recently.

Can you share more on this, please? What symptoms did you had? What improvements have you experienced after changing the profession, and how long it took to see the improvements? What do you do now? Have you made any other lifestyle changes / adjustments?

Last edited:

AndrogenicJB

I've heard of someone that had years of issues after extended vitamin K use that went back to normal after a few months on vitamin E. Other than getting blood tests I would highly recommend you give E a go.

FWIW Peat did warn people not to use things on their gonads.
Isnt k2 mk4 not very bio-available orally?

Maljam

Isnt k2 mk4 not very bio-available orally?

Not entirely sure you meant to quote me but I think the reason a lot of people use K2 topically could be from the gut irritation that can happen from taking it orally. I don't have any stats to hand but I don't recall any issues with oral K2 bio availability. Haidut stated a thread a few years back about applying substances gonadally, which Peat advised against when people asked him about.

Waynish

This is really interesting, I'm also working as an engineer, and I feel the same recently.

Can you share more on this, please? What symptoms did you had? What improvements have you experienced after changing the profession, and how long it took to see the improvements? What do you do now? Have you made any other lifestyle changes / adjustments?

Well what do you think it does when your mind is moving so much while the body is fixed? Plus, it does kind of matter what you're engineering. Plus you likely have a spleen deficiency. I'd recommend checking out TCM... Feel free to DM me and I'll send some methods for building energy & stillness in the body.

In terms of my life, when I was a full-time engineer in da valley: ya, of course the side effects were greater - and you're just around way more neurotic people too. I still do engineering because it is a useful tool - just not as much. I basically do what I want all day except when one of the businesses is running behind or has a fire.

BearWithMe

Well what do you think it does when your mind is moving so much while the body is fixed? Plus, it does kind of matter what you're engineering. Plus you likely have a spleen deficiency. I'd recommend checking out TCM... Feel free to DM me and I'll send some methods for building energy & stillness in the body.

In terms of my life, when I was a full-time engineer in da valley: ya, of course the side effects were greater - and you're just around way more neurotic people too. I still do engineering because it is a useful tool - just not as much. I basically do what I want all day except when one of the businesses is running behind or has a fire.
Thank you very much!!

supercoolguy

- Significant hair loss. I never had the tiniest bit of hairloss in my entire life before this, neither did any man in my family ever. Now I'm losing hair like mad, new bald spots every morning
Interesting, ive had Noticable bouts of fallout. Stress involved im sure. Never attributed K2. I take some on Random evenings, when i think its been awhile, and while taking 160mg aspirin. Never really noticed before. Same dropper Bottle for over a year.

BearWithMe

I took K2 for about a year daily on my scrotum (just 100-200mcg), and ever since then my life has been ruined and I think I might have PFS:

- Worst side effect: horrible OCD and thoughts that I can't get rid of. They attack again and again 24/7 and are driving me suicidal.

- Insane anxiety. I find it hard to do anything because of this. I can barely leave my room because of this anxiety and talking to people in real life or on the phone really frightens me to the point I'm on the verge of tears for literally no reason.

- Seriously lower IQ and memory loss. I've always been pretty sharp and I'm currently a mechanical engineering student. Since taking K2 and especially after stopping it, I can barely remember anything. I might honestly fail out of engineering soon because nothing is making sense to me and I can't remember things I learned just 5 minutes prior. It's a good thing it's all online now since covid started because I would have definitely dropped out if it was in person due to my anxiety. I've only passed most of my classes because I've been cheating like crazy.

- Significant hair loss. I never had the tiniest bit of hairloss in my entire life before this, neither did any man in my family ever. Now I'm losing hair like mad, new bald spots every morning.

- Sexuality is all over the place. Sometimes it's insanely high, sometimes it's nothing. Sometimes I'm attracted to women, sometimes I have no desire for them.

What is happened to me and how can I get better? I stopped taking K2 about a year ago and my symptoms sometimes feel like they are still getting worse.
Some people experience exactly the same reaction to vitamin D.

I think it is either causing an imbalance / deficiency in A/E vitamins, or messing with calcium metabolism, maybe causing / exacerbating calcium deficiency => calcification.

Supplementing D/K definitely increase the need for A, E, calcium and maybe some other nutrients. When these requirements are not met, or when there is pre-existing deficiency, bad things happen.