I think vitamin K2 ruined my life.

Elast1c

Yes, but even if keto acids result in five times the weight of protein (an extreme exaggeration), 0.2 mg still becomes only 1 mg of protein.
Yeah I'm just not exactly sold on the idea that whatever research was done genuinely wants people well fed with high quality protein for low amounts of money. It's a personal choice and observation. Potato is very prometabolic and warming. This effect for my hypothyroid **** hardly ever happens for anything but steak.

It's probably far heavier than 5x

Quelsatron

Yeah I'm just not exactly sold on the idea that whatever research was done genuinely wants people well fed with high quality protein for low amounts of money. It's a personal choice and observation. Potato is very prometabolic and warming. This effect for my hypothyroid **** hardly ever happens for anything but steak.
Go ahead and doubt the studies, but I wouldn't assume I'm getting enough protein in potato based on hearsay.

Quelsatron

Nothing to lol about. If peat is quantitatively wrong, then you might imagine that you're getting 100 grams of protein by just eating a bunch of potatoes, but you could actually be getting just a few milligrams plus the base protein amounting to 30 grams, which as a daily intake is far below recommendations. I don't know why you would assume peat is automatically right on every minor point without any evidence. I tried to confirm his keto acid theory and would love for it to be true, but everything i found disagreed with him.

koreus

The weird thing is, right now, animal foods trigger my symptoms the worst out of any other food. I think it's because they have Vitamin K2 in them, and they increase your testosterone (which was probably the reason this all started because putting K2 on my scrotum increased my Testosterone too much and downregulated my receptors).
You need to stop guessing and go get some blood tests.

I had a health crisis in January of last year, tried to fix it with Vegetables and Exercise then Keto then Ray Peat inspired but very restrictive diet. Eventually I fixed myself with a short course of antibiotics, thyroid and then a varied (but low PUFA) diet after the antibiotics to repopulate my gut flora mostly based on foods I did well with when I was most healthy.

Blood tests revealed I had elevated liver enzymes and slightly elevated TSH. Took niacinamide and the liver enzymes went down within 3 days. NDT lowered my TSH over 3 months into normal range. Vitamin D3 with a low dose of K put my serum vitamin D levels of back in range within 1 month. My total T slowly went up as my digestion got better.

Your problem may be more complicated but you're not going to fix it with a highly restrictive diet, guesswork and fixation. I know right now all you can eat is potatoes and dates... I've been there, all I could eat was coke, milk and beef. You will get past that stage but you need information. That means doing all the diagnostic tests in existence and then repeating them every single month until you get better. C reactive protein, sex hormones, Thyroid, TBC, Iron, Liver Enzymes.... all of that stuff. Change one or maximum two things at a time and see how you respond and how your blood work changes. Listen to your doctor and prioritise their opinion but also realise he/she is fallible and not likely to give you personalised treatment

Take all the theories people give you or ones you come up with yourself with a pinch of salt. They are all unsubstantiated until you test them empirically on yourself. You have limited time so you can't test them all, prioritise ruthlessly.

Elast1c

Nothing to lol about. If peat is quantitatively wrong, then you might imagine that you're getting 100 grams of protein by just eating a bunch of potatoes, but you could actually be getting just a few milligrams plus the base protein amounting to 30 grams, which as a daily intake is far below recommendations. I don't know why you would assume peat is automatically right on every minor point without any evidence. I tried to confirm his keto acid theory and would love for it to be true, but everything i found disagreed with him.
Yeah I have cooked it and saw that it weighed more than the study claims.

Maybe Ray is just right? Why isn't that a rational conclusion given how much the guy is right about?

Quelsatron

Yeah I have cooked it and saw that it weighed more than the study claims.

Maybe Ray is just right? Why isn't that a rational conclusion given how much the guy is right about?
What do you mean you cooked it? You can't measure keto acid content at home. And i think it's wise to not assume anyone is right about everything, he's not a god. It's not even like he said the research has been compromised or been done wrong like with other subjects.

Elast1c

What do you mean you cooked it? You can't measure keto acid content at home. And i think it's wise to not assume anyone is right about everything, he's not a god. It's not even like he said the research has been compromised or been done wrong like with other subjects.
Ray has stated that the cooking process is what delivers the proteins into a a higher content after a period of something like twenty minutes. Just executing the experiment yourself would allow you some dats you could evaluate. Starch does not have the gelatinous and protein like structure that the end product gives you that Ray just plainly states is high amounts of protein. Weighing it after the water is evaporated would pretty much tell you it has a whole lot of something solid and jelly like.

Just because it happens thst s contrarian scientist is right pretty often doesn't mean someone is worshipping him as a God. Jesus is God. There's plenty of imperical evidence of that as well.

A 77 year old jelly brain man being right doesn't bother me he can be right all he wants. Thank God for it man?

Quelsatron

Ray has stated that the cooking process is what delivers the proteins into a a higher content after a period of something like twenty minutes. Just executing the experiment yourself would allow you some dats you could evaluate. Starch does not have the gelatinous and protein like structure that the end product gives you that Ray just plainly states is high amounts of protein. Weighing it after the water is evaporated would pretty much tell you it has a whole lot of something solid and jelly like.

Just because it happens thst s contrarian scientist is right pretty often doesn't mean someone is worshipping him as a God. Jesus is God. There's plenty of imperical evidence of that as well.

A 77 year old jelly brain man being right doesn't bother me he can be right all he wants. Thank God for it man?
Surely you understand that the dried starchless portion will not be pure keto acid in either case? Not to mention that potato starch DOES become gelatinous in hot water, which is something i learned trying to make yoghurt with potato starch and heated milk.

Elast1c

Surely you understand that the dried starchless portion will not be pure keto acid in either case? Not to mention that potato starch DOES become gelatinous in hot water, which is something i learned trying to make yoghurt with potato starch and heat
Surely you understand that the dried starchless portion will not be pure keto acid in either case? Not to mention that potato starch DOES become gelatinous in hot water, which is something i learned trying to make yoghurt with potato starch and heated milk.
It's definitely not pure vitamins. Definitely not pure starch either. Gotta watch the rest of this On the Back of a Tiger interview in case they scrub it from the...entire internet. God bless you bro, have a good one ?

Just a guess--

Could the oil itself on your testicles have caused some kind of problem with your hormone production?

I'd take Tribulus over HCG any day.

Tribulus is hot garbage for the most part. It has some mild SERM-y qualities but zero proof that it leads to higher hormone levels in the end. It also contains beta-sitosterol which is a 5-AR inhibitor. I've taken 3 different brands (some of the best on the market incl. MediHerb and VemoHerb) and probably over 200 pills.

HCG is in a different league since it actually has studies backing it and a proven track record as a LH mimic that stimulates Leydig function.

Pablo Cruise

I would first see a medical doctor and get labs.... Your complaints deserve a work up first to eliminate other possible causes of your maladies. I love the enthusiasm to help you but you may have other issues that cannot addressed here. From my background, I would be surprised that Vit K in any form would have long lasting effect.

Epik

I remember reading someone reported using scrotal applications of pregnenolone or progesterone (don't remember which one) cause an "estrogen reaction". I tried doing scrotal application of DHEA/Pregnenolone and noticed an estrogen reaction. I think putting things there is not the best idea from my experience.

Pistachio

For what reasons?
It's natural, for starters. HCG is produced in a lab in a big pharmaceutical company (who knows from where it is derived or what is added to it). Essentially, both achieve the same effect. You can get Tribulus almost anywhere; whereas, HCG is more difficult to get.

Another thing to consider about pharmaceutical HCG:

Like any other gonadotropins, it can be extracted from the urine of pregnant women or produced from cultures of genetically modified cells using recombinant DNAtechnology.
Do you really want to be injecting yourself with GMO HCG when we know GMO is harmful to living beings?

Last edited:

Pistachio

Tribulus is hot garbage for the most part. It has some mild SERM-y qualities but zero proof that it leads to higher hormone levels in the end. It also contains beta-sitosterol which is a 5-AR inhibitor. I've taken 3 different brands (some of the best on the market incl. MediHerb and VemoHerb) and probably over 200 pills.

HCG is in a different league since it actually has studies backing it and a proven track record as a LH mimic that stimulates Leydig function.
I have taken and found it to be beneficial. Nothing garbage about it. I'll go with nature over genetically-engineered lab-produced stuff, thank you very much.

Re: Tribulus, I wouldn't recommend taking Trib every day. I would cycle it, like any pro-hormone. Maybe three days a week at most. It stacks well with Ashwagandha.

Last edited:
T

TheBeard

It's natural, for starters. HCG is produced in a lab in a big pharmaceutical company (who knows from where it is derived or what is added to it). Essentially, both achieve the same effect. You can get Tribulus almost anywhere; whereas, HCG is more difficult to get.

Another thing to consider about pharmaceutical HCG:

Do you really want to be injecting yourself with GMO HCG when we know GMO is harmful to living beings?

That'd be if Tribulus had been proven to trigger the pituitary to produce LH. It hasn't.

What's unnatural about HCG? It's extracted from women's urine.