I think vitamin K2 ruined my life.

Explorer

Could it have changed the blood thickness too much which could be the cause of those symptoms?

Your symptoms and possibly explanations:

Sometimes hypersexual, sometimes no drive --> high estrogen. estrogen + adrenaline + cortisol can create hypersexuality, hence some people's increased sexuality at night (darkness increases adrenaline and cortisol). remove the cortisol and adrenaline, and the hypsexuality usually becomes lack of sexual desire.

Diet of potatoes and dates --> low protein = liver can't remove estrogen effectively. Also, vitamin A deficiency, and others. also, the high starch and sugary soluble fibers will overstimulate endotoxin and raise serotonin.

OCD, anxiety, fear of public --> elevated serotonin, prolactin, and PTH

Memory/IQ loss --> serotonin, metabolic issue with thyroid. thyroid improves memory and IQ. fix the other issues and this problem will probably disappear because you are still young enough to have a good metabolism and recover. but a thyroid supplement in small doses throughout the day could help you tremendously, in both stress reduction, calcium issues, memory and IQ, etc. you're in college.... are you smoking pot? if so, stop. it will raise prolactin, serotonin, PTH, and estrogen, and cause the anxiety and social paranoia.

No milk in diet, low calcium diet --> nothing to suppress PTH, thus high parathyroid hormone, which in turn makes for high prolactin.

Vitamin K2 for 1 year without calcium, unexpected hair fall --> calcium deficiency, high PTH, high prolactin, high estrogen

Remove vitamin K2 and the symptoms worsen --> vitamin K2 can act like a hormone, and probably did help testosterone levels, but test will aromatize to estrogen easily, and given the other issues, you remove the protective K2 and your estrogen to test/androgen ratio is worsened.

Potential solutions:
-- Calcium supplementation, 1-2grams per day. This will reduce PTH and prolactin, and improve metabolism.
-- Raise protein to 100g+ per day, with 10grams from gelatin.
-- Cyproheptadine to reduce your allergy issues, reduce prostaglandin D2 (PGD2 probably also responsible for the hair issues)
-- Vitamin A as retinol, and all fat soluble vitamins
-- Raw carrot salad + coconut oil + salt + vinegar and sometimes activated charcoal. Help to clear out endotoxin. The salt can also help your anxiety to reduce aldosterone.
-- Bright sunlight and/or red light. Help cut down that prolactin and serotonin.
-- Get a masticating juicer machine and use that for potato juice (boil after juicing and strain out excess starch) and also juicing sweet oranges, apples, cucumbers, etc. Just so you can get quality calories and micronutrients without so much starch.

Just these strategies can make a huge difference. Of course, other strategies will likely help too. The good news is that you can reverse your current scenario.

LLight

Covid patients have K2 deficiency.

Problem: is it impossible/illegal to try to be infected even if you wanted to?

More seriously, an article was posted on this forum about vitamin K2 hormonal actions.

Vitamin K2 binds to the intranuclear receptor SXR and results in the activation of a plethora of genes, both directly and indirectly.

This publication could contain some answers.

Gustav3Y

Not saying he got hairloss from K2 MK4, but many have complained about K2 inducing shedding.

I’ve witnessed countless people taking K2 MK4 and only seen either no difference or benefit. Never anything like the OP. I take 5 or 10mg per day. So does my wife. and have for 5 years. I know literally hundreds doing the same. It is very unlikely that these problems are anything to do with K2.

Hugh Johnson

I’ve witnessed countless people taking K2 MK4 and only seen either no difference or benefit. Never anything like the OP. I take 5 or 10mg per day. So does my wife. and have for 5 years. I know literally hundreds doing the same. It is very unlikely that these problems are anything to do with K2.
How many were rubbing it on their balls?

Maljam

I've heard of someone that had years of issues after extended vitamin K use that went back to normal after a few months on vitamin E. Other than getting blood tests I would highly recommend you give E a go.

FWIW Peat did warn people not to use things on their gonads.

B

Blaze

Sometimes hypersexual, sometimes no drive --> high estrogen. estrogen + adrenaline + cortisol can create hypersexuality, hence some people's increased sexuality at night (darkness increases adrenaline and cortisol). remove the cortisol and adrenaline, and the hypsexuality usually becomes lack of sexual desire.

Diet of potatoes and dates --> low protein = liver can't remove estrogen effectively. Also, vitamin A deficiency, and others. also, the high starch and sugary soluble fibers will overstimulate endotoxin and raise serotonin.

Memory/IQ loss --> serotonin, metabolic issue with thyroid. thyroid improves memory and IQ. fix the other issues and this problem will probably disappear because you are still young enough to have a good metabolism and recover. but a thyroid supplement in small doses throughout the day could help you tremendously, in both stress reduction, calcium issues, memory and IQ, etc. you're in college.... are you smoking pot? if so, stop. it will raise prolactin, serotonin, PTH, and estrogen, and cause the anxiety and social paranoia.

No milk in diet, low calcium diet --> nothing to suppress PTH, thus high parathyroid hormone, which in turn makes for high prolactin.

Vitamin K2 for 1 year without calcium, unexpected hair fall --> calcium deficiency, high PTH, high prolactin, high estrogen

Remove vitamin K2 and the symptoms worsen --> vitamin K2 can act like a hormone, and probably did help testosterone levels, but test will aromatize to estrogen easily, and given the other issues, you remove the protective K2 and your estrogen to test/androgen ratio is worsened.

Potential solutions:
-- Calcium supplementation, 1-2grams per day. This will reduce PTH and prolactin, and improve metabolism.
-- Cyproheptadine to reduce your allergy issues, reduce prostaglandin D2 (PGD2 probably also responsible for the hair issues)
-- Raw carrot salad + coconut oil + salt + vinegar and sometimes activated charcoal. Help to clear out endotoxin. The salt can also help your anxiety to reduce aldosterone.
-- Bright sunlight and/or red light. Help cut down that prolactin and serotonin.
-- Get a masticating juicer machine and use that for potato juice (boil after juicing and strain out excess starch) and also juicing sweet oranges, apples, cucumbers, etc. Just so you can get quality calories and micronutrients without so much starch.

Just these strategies can make a huge difference. Of course, other strategies will likely help too. The good news is that you can reverse your current scenario.
Wow, that's a very extensive ,detailed and informative post from such a new member. Good job. Great detail.

T

TheBeard

I took K2 for about a year daily on my scrotum (just 100-200mcg), and ever since then my life has been ruined and I think I might have PFS:

- Worst side effect: horrible OCD and thoughts that I can't get rid of. They attack again and again 24/7 and are driving me suicidal.

- Insane anxiety. I find it hard to do anything because of this. I can barely leave my room because of this anxiety and talking to people in real life or on the phone really frightens me to the point I'm on the verge of tears for literally no reason.

- Seriously lower IQ and memory loss. I've always been pretty sharp and I'm currently a mechanical engineering student. Since taking K2 and especially after stopping it, I can barely remember anything. I might honestly fail out of engineering soon because nothing is making sense to me and I can't remember things I learned just 5 minutes prior. It's a good thing it's all online now since covid started because I would have definitely dropped out if it was in person due to my anxiety. I've only passed most of my classes because I've been cheating like crazy.

- Significant hair loss. I never had the tiniest bit of hairloss in my entire life before this, neither did any man in my family ever. Now I'm losing hair like mad, new bald spots every morning.

- Sexuality is all over the place. Sometimes it's insanely high, sometimes it's nothing. Sometimes I'm attracted to women, sometimes I have no desire for them.

What is happened to me and how can I get better? I stopped taking K2 about a year ago and my symptoms sometimes feel like they are still getting worse.

Sounds like it tanked you e2.

Stop K2 and get either HCG or testosterone cream to boost it back up.

T

TheBeard

Potential solutions:

Are these strategies you have tried and have worked for you?
Or strategies recommended by Peat?

Elast1c

Um, how, exactly, do you think you got Post Finasteride Syndrome from taking a Vitamin?

So, according to your timeline, you started taking K2 in Jan/Feb 2019, stopped around Jan/Feb 2020, and are just now listing these symptoms? When did they start? Did these symptoms start after the medical experiments known as lockdowns and forced masking?
?

Elast1c

I took K2 for about a year daily on my scrotum (just 100-200mcg), and ever since then my life has been ruined and I think I might have PFS:

- Worst side effect: horrible OCD and thoughts that I can't get rid of. They attack again and again 24/7 and are driving me suicidal.

- Insane anxiety. I find it hard to do anything because of this. I can barely leave my room because of this anxiety and talking to people in real life or on the phone really frightens me to the point I'm on the verge of tears for literally no reason.

- Seriously lower IQ and memory loss. I've always been pretty sharp and I'm currently a mechanical engineering student. Since taking K2 and especially after stopping it, I can barely remember anything. I might honestly fail out of engineering soon because nothing is making sense to me and I can't remember things I learned just 5 minutes prior. It's a good thing it's all online now since covid started because I would have definitely dropped out if it was in person due to my anxiety. I've only passed most of my classes because I've been cheating like crazy.

- Significant hair loss. I never had the tiniest bit of hairloss in my entire life before this, neither did any man in my family ever. Now I'm losing hair like mad, new bald spots every morning.

- Sexuality is all over the place. Sometimes it's insanely high, sometimes it's nothing. Sometimes I'm attracted to women, sometimes I have no desire for them.

What is happened to me and how can I get better? I stopped taking K2 about a year ago and my symptoms sometimes feel like they are still getting worse.
Haaaaaaaaave you tried fresh squeezed sweet orange juice? yeah milk buddy. Drink the milk. Eat the cheese. Haha.

Elast1c

Potential solutions:

Potatoes have protein

Potatoes have protein
100grams protein is the goal, to provide the liver with enough protein to do its 600+ functions.

As for "potatoes have protein".... let's do the math. A medium potato (200grams) has between 2 to 3.5 grams protein. Let's say 4 grams just to be generous. So a kilogram of potatoes (5 potatoes) would have 20grams protein. So you could eatyou would need 5kg of potatos, squeezed into potato juice, to get 100grams protein. I just don't think it is a practical solution... it can be done for a day or two, but not longterm. and if those potatoes are consumed cooked not juiced... that starch is going to be an endotoxin and serotonin nightmare. Maybe as mashed potatoes, extremely cooked and mashed to softness, it could be tolerated... but 5kilograms per day? So much starch. About 4.5 kilograms starch, to be exact. Daily. Not good.

If you have less protein in the diet than needed for survival functions, then your body activates stress hormones that pull proteins from the body tissue, leading not only to muscle atrophy but also gut thinning and leaky gut, organ shrinking, and also hair loss. Many people report better hair on high protein diets.

Elast1c

100grams protein is the goal, to provide the liver with enough protein to do its 600+ functions.

As for "potatoes have protein".... let's do the math. A medium potato (200grams) has between 2 to 3.5 grams protein. Let's say 4 grams just to be generous. So a kilogram of potatoes (5 potatoes) would have 20grams protein. So you could eatyou would need 5kg of potatos, squeezed into potato juice, to get 100grams protein. I just don't think it is a practical solution... it can be done for a day or two, but not longterm. and if those potatoes are consumed cooked not juiced... that starch is going to be an endotoxin and serotonin nightmare. Maybe as mashed potatoes, extremely cooked and mashed to softness, it could be tolerated... but 5kilograms per day? So much starch. About 4.5 kilograms starch, to be exact. Daily. Not good.

If you have less protein in the diet than needed for survival functions, then your body activates stress hormones that pull proteins from the body tissue, leading not only to muscle atrophy but also gut thinning and leaky gut, organ shrinking, and also hair loss. Many people report better hair on high protein diets.
Ray said they measure the dry weight but the wet potato has ketoacids which provide almost immeasurable high quality protein. 5lbs is suppsedly enough for total amino coverage. If not the solanine we be drinkin tater juice all day son. PEAT POTATO SOUP! We fin to do an irish jig meddauwwghe. Does anyone know if Ray is Irish?

Quelsatron

Ray said they measure the dry weight but the wet potato has ketoacids which provide almost immeasurable high quality protein. 5lbs is suppsedly enough for total amino coverage. If not the solanine we be drinkin tater juice all day son. PEAT POTATO SOUP! We fin to do an irish jig meddauwwghe. Does anyone know if Ray is Irish?
Any kind of measurement of keto acids in foods I've seen never amounted to more than a few hundred micrograms per 100 g. Maybe it would be enough for other effects, but in terms of protein synthesis or ammonia removal it's just not anywhere near what would be required to make a difference

B

Blaze

His ancestry is English. As far as potatoes go, I don’t believe a country exists that does not eat potatoes. And the largest grower of potatoes in the world is actually China. We always think of Ireland when potatoes are mentiond because of the potato famine which wiped out about 20% of the country in the 1800’s. Was worse than Sars-Cov-2

Last edited by a moderator:

Elast1c

Any kind of measurement of keto acids in foods I've seen never amounted to more than a few hundred micrograms per 100 g. Maybe it would be enough for other effects, but in terms of protein synthesis or ammonia removal it's just not anywhere near what would be required to make a difference
As far as I understand it it requires a nitrogen to complete the structure. I think it's an add on to whatever quality protein you orocure and process. There's another thread covering it

Elast1c

His ancestry is English. As far as potatoes go, I don’t believe a country exists that does not eat potatoes. The largest grower of potatoes in the world is actually China.
POTATODANK POTATODANK. lol.

Quelsatron

As far as I understand it it requires a nitrogen to complete the structure. I think it's an add on to whatever quality protein you orocure and process. There's another thread covering it
Yes, but even if keto acids result in five times the weight of protein (an extreme exaggeration), 0.2 mg still becomes only 1 mg of protein.