I think vitamin K2 ruined my life.

superdeuces

I took K2 for about a year daily on my scrotum (just 100-200mcg), and ever since then my life has been ruined and I think I might have PFS:

- Worst side effect: horrible OCD and thoughts that I can't get rid of. They attack again and again 24/7 and are driving me suicidal.

- Insane anxiety. I find it hard to do anything because of this. I can barely leave my room because of this anxiety and talking to people in real life or on the phone really frightens me to the point I'm on the verge of tears for literally no reason.

- Seriously lower IQ and memory loss. I've always been pretty sharp and I'm currently a mechanical engineering student. Since taking K2 and especially after stopping it, I can barely remember anything. I might honestly fail out of engineering soon because nothing is making sense to me and I can't remember things I learned just 5 minutes prior. It's a good thing it's all online now since covid started because I would have definitely dropped out if it was in person due to my anxiety. I've only passed most of my classes because I've been cheating like crazy.

- Significant hair loss. I never had the tiniest bit of hairloss in my entire life before this, neither did any man in my family ever. Now I'm losing hair like mad, new bald spots every morning.

- Sexuality is all over the place. Sometimes it's insanely high, sometimes it's nothing. Sometimes I'm attracted to women, sometimes I have no desire for them.

What is happened to me and how can I get better? I stopped taking K2 about a year ago and my symptoms sometimes feel like they are still getting worse.

gaze

Get a blood test for vitamin D, calcium, TSH, T4, T3, and PTH. These will tell you how things went wrong because vitamin K is related to calcium metabolism. Is your diet deficient in calcium?

Last edited:

MrBenjamin

I don't know what you are experiencing, but you should see a doctor.
I've never heard about those side effects from Vitamin k2. Some of those problems sound like they could be serious, and you should talk to a doctor about them all.

tankasnowgod

I took K2 for about a year daily on my scrotum (just 100-200mcg), and ever since then my life has been ruined and I think I might have PFS:

- Worst side effect: horrible OCD and thoughts that I can't get rid of. They attack again and again 24/7 and are driving me suicidal.

- Insane anxiety. I find it hard to do anything because of this. I can barely leave my room because of this anxiety and talking to people in real life or on the phone really frightens me to the point I'm on the verge of tears for literally no reason.

- Seriously lower IQ and memory loss. I've always been pretty sharp and I'm currently a mechanical engineering student. Since taking K2 and especially after stopping it, I can barely remember anything. I might honestly fail out of engineering soon because nothing is making sense to me and I can't remember things I learned just 5 minutes prior. It's a good thing it's all online now since covid started because I would have definitely dropped out if it was in person due to my anxiety. I've only passed most of my classes because I've been cheating like crazy.

- Significant hair loss. I never had the tiniest bit of hairloss in my entire life before this, neither did any man in my family ever. Now I'm losing hair like mad, new bald spots every morning.

- Sexuality is all over the place. Sometimes it's insanely high, sometimes it's nothing. Sometimes I'm attracted to women, sometimes I have no desire for them.

What is happened to me and how can I get better? I stopped taking K2 about a year ago and my symptoms sometimes feel like they are still getting worse.

Um, how, exactly, do you think you got Post Finasteride Syndrome from taking a Vitamin?

So, according to your timeline, you started taking K2 in Jan/Feb 2019, stopped around Jan/Feb 2020, and are just now listing these symptoms? When did they start? Did these symptoms start after the medical experiments known as lockdowns and forced masking?

OP
S

superdeuces

Um, how, exactly, do you think you got Post Finasteride Syndrome from taking a Vitamin?

So, according to your timeline, you started taking K2 in Jan/Feb 2019, stopped around Jan/Feb 2020, and are just now listing these symptoms? When did they start? Did these symptoms start after the medical experiments known as lockdowns and forced masking?

They started right after I started taking K2 in Jan 2019, I just didn't attribute them to the K2. That's because these symptoms were minor initially and were more like 'withdrawal' symptoms from the K2. So when I WAS taking K2, I would have the OCD and anxiety start to come on but when I took a new dose of K2, it would immediately go away and I would feel great and get a 'high'. But the symptoms kept getting worse and worse over the year.

These are all things I am only realizing in retrospect. At the time, I thought I was just having some weird phases and I never would have connected them to the K2 I was taking.

These symptoms all got REALLY bad in Jan 2020 when I stopped taking K2 cold turkey. That's when I realized it was the K2 causing these problems.

Ever since then they have been messing me up, and I feel like somethings keep getting worse even to this day (like the memory loss, anxiety and the hair loss).

OP
S

superdeuces

Get a blood test for vitamin D, calcium, TSH, T4, T3, and PTH. These will tell you how things went wrong because vitamin K is related to calcium metabolism. Is your diet deficient in calcium?

Dairy gives me issues so I probably am not getting much Calcium if any. Right now I literally just eat potatoes and dates, because most foods trigger my symptoms even worse and those 2 things are the safest foods for me I have discovered.

gaze

Dairy gives me issues so I probably am not getting much Calcium if any. Right now I literally just eat potatoes and dates, because most foods trigger my symptoms even worse and those 2 things are the safest foods for me I have discovered.
0 animal foods at all? if so, you need b12, protein, and a variety of other things asap. you need to add animal products back into your diet, any meat, seafood, dairy, eggs, to regain your memory and save your hair

OP
S

superdeuces

0 animal foods at all? if so, you need b12, protein, and a variety of other things asap. you need to add animal products back into your diet, any meat, seafood, dairy, eggs, to regain your memory and save your hair
The weird thing is, right now, animal foods trigger my symptoms the worst out of any other food. I think it's because they have Vitamin K2 in them, and they increase your testosterone (which was probably the reason this all started because putting K2 on my scrotum increased my Testosterone too much and downregulated my receptors).

SuperStressed

I have those mental symptoms, ray basically told me that a serious calcium deficiency with poor vitamin d could cause it. Hypothyroidism in general can also cause those symptoms.

Vitamin D needs to be between 50-80

You need to replenish calcium, its a calming mineral when its being used properly. Look for Ella's post on calcium. On youtube there's a Danny Roddy episode with peat talking about calcium and authoritarianism, watch it, good stuff about calcium on that episode.

gaze

The weird thing is, right now, animal foods trigger my symptoms the worst out of any other food. I think it's because they have Vitamin K2 in them, and they increase your testosterone (which was probably the reason this all started because putting K2 on my scrotum increased my Testosterone too much and upregulated my receptors).
I can assure you your Testoserone is not too high. You're experiencing high estrogen, high serotonin. your restrictive diet is dangerous for health, I would stop playing with supplements and thinking in terms of hormones and just focus on eating balanced, nutritious meals. You need more calories, more protein, more b12, more zinc, more calcium, among other things. Dates are known to increase serotonin by being hard to digest, which can cause anxiety. can you digest cheese? cheese and OJ is a good snack. could you try adding butter and cheese to potatoes? parmaggiano reggiano has no additives

lampofred

I don't know if this is caused by K2. It sounds like a sudden increase in lactate, methylation, Heat Shock Proteins (RP's latest newsletter talks about this), possibly due to radiation, air pollution, etc. I think K2 is actually protective. I also think a serious calcium deficiency might be a major cause, some trigger might have caused you to start dumping calcium. @SuperStressed I know several people with similar symptoms (including me previously but I'm getting better). Could you please post if you get any more emails from him about this?

Last edited:
OP
S

superdeuces

I have those mental symptoms, ray basically told me that a serious calcium deficiency with poor vitamin d could cause it. Hypothyroidism in general can also cause those symptoms.

Vitamin D needs to be between 50-80

You need to replenish calcium, its a calming mineral when its being used properly. Look for Ella's post on calcium. On youtube there's a Danny Roddy episode with peat talking about calcium and authoritarianism, watch it, good stuff about calcium on that episode.

Do you have a link to the Ella post you are referring to?

tankasnowgod

Right now I literally just eat potatoes and dates, because most foods trigger my symptoms even worse and those 2 things are the safest foods for me I have discovered.

It's always something like this in these types of posts. K2 isn't known to cause any of the things you listed, but vegan diets, low calorie diets, and low protein diets easily could.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if you had low vitamin D levels, low thyroid levels, low testosterone levels, and low B12 levels. Maybe lots of other deficiencies, if you are literally only eating potatoes and dates.

OP
S

superdeuces

It's always something like this in these types of posts. K2 isn't known to cause any of the things you listed, but vegan diets, low calorie diets, and low protein diets easily could.

Doing some blood tests is probably a good idea. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if you had low vitamin D levels, low thyroid levels, low testosterone levels, and low B12 levels. Maybe track your diet in Cronometer for a few days, see what levels come back low. My guess is, quite a bit.

I just started potatoes and dates a month ago, before that I was eating a very normal diet. But I've been experiencing these symptoms for the last 2 years. They've actually gotten much better since I started the dates and potatoes diet but still not good.

Pistachio

I don't know what you are experiencing, but you should see a doctor.
I've never heard about those side effects from Vitamin k2. Some of those problems sound like they could be serious, and you should talk to a doctor about them all.
Hair loss is normal, as K2 is an androgen agonist. But as for the rest of his symptoms, they must be related to some other deficiency.

I would also recommend k2 orally rather than scrotumly. That's just unnatural.

Jam

Interesting. K2 MK4, similarly to other quinones such as those found in Pau D'Arco and Cascara, completely eliminated my arthritic shoulder, wrist, and sciatica pains. Then again, I never applied it to my scrotum. Not sure why you'd want to do that. I know Ray has mentioned to be extremely careful with such things.