I Think My Niacinamide Capsule Went Into The Wrong Tube, What Should I Do?

TreasureVibe

Hey everyone, I need some help here. I just took a niacinamide capsule, but noticed it didn't really slide all the way through to my stomach, and I kind of got a slight and short sensation of choking, but that went away. However it felt as if the capsule went through my windpipe into my lungs. What should I do? Should I be worried?

Thnx

Luckytype

The gelatin cap is just kinda getting gooey and sticking in whole or in part to your esophagus. Just drink sips of your choice beverage and it will dissolve it or flush it.

If it went into your lungs you would absolutely be coughing something furious right about now

OP
T

TreasureVibe

The gelatin cap is just kinda getting gooey and sticking in whole or in part to your esophagus. Just drink sips of your choice beverage and it will dissolve it or flush it.

If it went into your lungs you would absolutely be coughing something furious right about now
No I think it literally got into my lung, because it was a very light weight capsule.. I have the feeling that something is stuck in my lung now.

Will a gelatin capsule dissolve if it got into the lung and will the subsequent content also be absorbed properly? Or do doctors need to fetch it out of my lung? It was a normal sized capsule.

Luckytype

No I think it literally got into my lung, because it was a very light weight capsule.. I have the feeling that something is stuck in my lung now.

Will a gelatin capsule dissolve if it got into the lung and will the subsequent content also be absorbed properly? Or do doctors need to fetch it out of my lung? It was a normal sized capsule.

Its dissolvable so it will dissolve but you should just be aware of signs of infection because you aspirated.

Are you coughing/having the urge to cough?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Its dissolvable so it will dissolve but you should just be aware of signs of infection because you aspirated.

This sensation of a piece of thick slime being stuck in my right lung is what I feel, right after ingesting it, until now.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Are you certain that a gelatin capsule will dissolve completely inside the lungs, where there is no mucous membrane and liquid normally doesn't come by? I'm feeling somewhat better but I want to make certain I don't have to visit my GP. (which I hate to do) If the capsule is able to fully dissolve, I will leave it be.

The accident happened because I emptied most of the capsule, which was 250 mg, leaving a very light weight 90% empty capsule which would not have the help of gravity that a regular filled capsule would have. Because the powder only sits at one side the capsule, it could theoretically also unintentionally pull the capsule to the left or the right when in the throat. I wish I could find 10 or 50 mg niacinamide capsules somewhere.

Last edited:

Luckytype

If not i would imagine that since theres a foreign body in the lung or in the airways the body in theory should begin to walk it out with the cillia we have, again though depending on where it is and depth as i believe only the smaller bronchioles and larger have the cillia. Though it is foreign to the airway so there may be an elimination response by the body. Then again its likely limited by the diameter of the tube its in.

The body should produce mucus around it and you should be able to cough it up. Obviously there is a risk of infection with anything.

I think if it was a substance that wasnt gelatin(say metal or plastic for example ) they would go after it but I would imagine if you didnt eject it in a couple days or if you had other symptoms they would put you on prophylactic antibiotics and monitor it.

You could figure out a way to try to cough it up, its gotta be a series of big forceful coughs. Ive inhaled little bits of food here and there and probably shouldve went in but ive always eventually coughed it up. In retrospect im an idiot but im alive.

The body should begin to work on it, but why dont you give the office a call and go from there.

How did it even get into your airways in the first place?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

If not i would imagine that since theres a foreign body in the lung or in the airways the body in theory should begin to walk it out with the cillia we have, again though depending on where it is and depth as i believe only the smaller bronchioles and larger have the cillia. Though it is foreign to the airway so there may be an elimination response by the body. Then again its likely limited by the diameter of the tube its in.

The body should produce mucus around it and you should be able to cough it up. Obviously there is a risk of infection with anything.

I think if it was a substance that wasnt gelatin(say metal or plastic for example ) they would go after it but I would imagine if you didnt eject it in a couple days or if you had other symptoms they would put you on prophylactic antibiotics and monitor it.

You could figure out a way to try to cough it up, its gotta be a series of big forceful coughs. Ive inhaled little bits of food here and there and probably shouldve went in but ive always eventually coughed it up. In retrospect im an idiot but im alive.

The body should begin to work on it, but why dont you give the office a call and go from there.

How did it even get into your airways in the first place?
I had it before, when swallowing something and although I could never be certain I would just say **** it and go on with what I was doing. I don't like calling my GP's office because healthcare just sucks here, and you don't get personal care. Personel will become opinionated and biased and brush your call for help off as false alarm, and force you to argue to truely receive help and I am tired of playing that game all the time. I simply swallowed it with a sip of water, but since I already have mucus in my airways coming up my throat and the capsule was 90% empty I had a sudden sensation that it kept stuck in my throat although it could be my imagination. I realize now that your larynx is where food goes down the right pipe, while I associated the feeling of the capsule being stuck in the middle of my chest. I also have lung congestion already which could flare up during stress, and I could get quite panicky at times, so I guess this was a mistake right? As the sensation of where I felt it fell into the wrong tube was in the middle of my chest.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals