Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Does not matter which one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Josh

Hey all.

i’ve been doing research and there seems to be hardly any info on specific healthy brands/products to be used. This baffles me because the percentage of adults who have fillings is super high and most people have some sort filling or need a filling for their teeth.

I have small fillings so to use ceramic or gold is not an option as that means more destruction of the tooth (from what dentist tole me), hence why i’m trying to find the best COMPOSITE material, these two below are the most recommended by Holistic dentists after emailing a bunch of them directly

-ADMIRA FUSION: Composites | VOCO GmbH

-SAREMCO ELS: Restoration Materials - SAREMCO Dental AG

I’m probably going to go for Admira so far.

Or does anyone here know anything about a safe dental filling available to the UK which is free from: Fluoride, Bis-GMA (BPA), UDMA, EGDMA, TEGDMA, HEMA, GMA, Glycidyl Methacrylate, Monomers Non toxic, non leaching, non allergenic, containing no endocrine disrupting materials???

Or is nobody answering because everybody here just had what ever the dentist gave them at the time and does not think this is an issue?

Thanks!

Steve

I'll probably need new fillings one of these days as I have the old mercury fillings which must be 35 years old by now.
So hopefully the ones you mentioned are a good & safer alternative. I just hope the safe ones last 35 years too, because I am a terrified wimp when it comes to having my teeth drilled.

Someday humans will look back at what we do to teeth today and they'll be horrified............pulling them out, drilling holes in them. It's very barbaric.

schultz

I plan on getting some gold fillings one of these days. I got fillings some 14 years ago or maybe even more and 2 of them fell out (I was doing very low carb back then, so it's interesting that I developed dental caries). Those two teeth are fine without the fillings in them, but it gets a bit annoying because food can get stuck in there. Apparently gold lasts the longest (and looks cool). When I looked at studies on pubmed it said the type of filling I had only lasts an average of 8-10 years or something. I don't feel like going to the dentist every 8-10 years to replace my 2 fillings. I've read that gold can last 25 years+

OP
J

Josh

I plan on getting some gold fillings one of these days. I got fillings some 14 years ago or maybe even more and 2 of them fell out (I was doing very low carb back then, so it's interesting that I developed dental caries). Those two teeth are fine without the fillings in them, but it gets a bit annoying because food can get stuck in there. Apparently gold lasts the longest (and looks cool). When I looked at studies on pubmed it said the type of filling I had only lasts an average of 8-10 years or something. I don't feel like going to the dentist every 8-10 years to replace my 2 fillings. I've read that gold can last 25 years+

From what i've seen i don't think Gold is the best anymore, gold normally is in alloys with other metals so it's never 100% gold because it would be too soft. Emax ceramic looks the best option these days, a lot cheaper and looks better too. My dentist says my cavity is too small for one of them fillings as they would require more destruction of the tooth

Serene

I recommend looking up Hulda Clark and Frank J Jerome (his book is called Tooth Truth). DO NOT get metal in your mouth. Metal has no place in the human body.

Find a Hulda Clark-knowledgable dentist. It's pretty complicated. They discuss the best ones to get. Planning on getting my mercury out in the near future.

schultz

From what i've seen i don't think Gold is the best anymore, gold normally is in alloys with other metals so it's never 100% gold because it would be too soft. Emax ceramic looks the best option these days, a lot cheaper and looks better too. My dentist says my cavity is too small for one of them fillings as they would require more destruction of the tooth

By best do you mean longevity? I think gold is still the best in terms of longevity. I'm not sure there is a perfectly safe and long lasting filling material. Emax contains lithium for example, and possibly other impurities.

Yeah the other metals are a concern. You don't want nickel or something in there. I'd be okay with silver, copper, tin, zinc and probably palladium, platinum, iridium.

So a high noble alloy. I'd verify beforehand the types of metals in the alloy. There is always the risk of slight impurities in the mix so that would have to be considered.

I found this little paper discussing the different types. Emax does indeed seem to last a long time. But a 74% retention rate for gold after 30 years is pretty darn good. That's what I'm looking for! Of course it would depend on the type of cavity (different types have different rates of failure).

[re: gold] "These are considered the 'gold standard' against which all other restorations are measured in terms of longevity. The most common biological reason for their failure is secondary caries, with retention loss being the most common technical cause of default. Studies have shown survival rates to range from 96% over 10 years, 87% over 20 years, to 74% over 30 years with a mean failure rate of 1.4% in the posterior permanent dentition."

I recommend looking up Hulda Clark and Frank J Jerome (his book is called Tooth Truth). DO NOT get metal in your mouth. Metal has no place in the human body.

Find a Hulda Clark-knowledgable dentist. It's pretty complicated. They discuss the best ones to get. Planning on getting my mercury out in the near future.

I don't know what you mean by metal? Calcium is a metal, as is iron. Do you mean certain types of metal? I'd be okay with a gold/copper/zinc/tin alloy. Gold doesn't oxidize so it's probably not a danger as long as it stays in your tooth. If it starts deteriorating and you're swallowing a lot of it then that would be a problem. But people consume gold all the time (Goldschlager) or wear gold jewelry (that doesn't make it safe, just sayin'), and people in high traffic areas breath in these metals from car exhaust. The nanoparticles from car exhaust probably pose a bigger risk to health (speculative).

Serene

Read the book. Learn about galvanization. You do not want electric currents running in your mouth. No metal is compatible with human tissue. Not worth it to save a tooth.

Editor's Note: This is a list of dentists who practice holistic dentistry recommended by Dr. Hulda Clark. Ideally, holistic should mean metal-freedentistry. That means that no metal whatsoever should ever go in your mouth; not even the tiniest amount. That includes amalgam fillings, gold fillings, metal crowns, metal beds under crowns, metal posts, metal clips, teeth implants, and metal powders mixed into the white composite resins or clear resins used for dentures and partials. No metal means NO metal. You won't have trouble convincing the guys listed here of the merits of that position, however, you will have nothing but difficulty when you try to convince your local dentist to conform to this thinking. So be prepared to stand your ground firmly and insist on the no-metal rule with unbending determination or tell your dentist, "sayonara" and find someone who will cooperate with you.

Going to Tijuana, Mexico for holistic dental work will cost you about 1000% less than comparable work done here in the dental price-gouging capital of the world, The United States of America. The notion that Tijuana dentists are inferior to or have equipment which is inferior to their USA counterparts is patently false. Quite the contrary, they are generally far ahead of the holistic curve compared to U.S. dentists.

Do not have dental work done again until you have read Tooth Truth by Dr Frank Jerome from cover to cover. You can also obtain the printed book from amazon.com for as low as $1.55 + $4.99 shipping as used or new for $40. This is the most valuable book in print on the terrible health injustice inflicted on dental patients in this country by a self-serving, out-of-touch, wilfully ignorant, and arrogant ('we know everything') dental bureaucracy. Knowledge is power. When you have the facts, you are in the driver's seat. Get in the driver's seat and stay there.

Final thought: the worst thing you can do to destroy your health is to have a root canal. A root canaled tooth is a DEAD tooth. The dentin tubules that make up the bulk of the body of the tooth are lined with living cells that become dead cells after you cut off the blood supply with root canal. These dead cells then become a source of food for bateria which now take up residence and proliferate in your dentin tubules and spew out toxins as waste products that enter into your body and produce disease in the organ system that is connected to that particular tooth (every tooth in your mouth is connected to a specific organ system in the body) or in areas that are physically close to the source of the infection, such as the brain....Ken Adachi

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Read the book. Learn about galvanization. You do not want electric currents running in your mouth. No metal is compatible with human tissue. Not worth it to save a tooth.

Editor's Note: This is a list of dentists who practice holistic dentistry recommended by Dr. Hulda Clark. Ideally, holistic should mean metal-freedentistry. That means that no metal whatsoever should ever go in your mouth; not even the tiniest amount. That includes amalgam fillings, gold fillings, metal crowns, metal beds under crowns, metal posts, metal clips, teeth implants, and metal powders mixed into the white composite resins or clear resins used for dentures and partials. No metal means NO metal. You won't have trouble convincing the guys listed here of the merits of that position, however, you will have nothing but difficulty when you try to convince your local dentist to conform to this thinking. So be prepared to stand your ground firmly and insist on the no-metal rule with unbending determination or tell your dentist, "sayonara" and find someone who will cooperate with you.

Going to Tijuana, Mexico for holistic dental work will cost you about 1000% less than comparable work done here in the dental price-gouging capital of the world, The United States of America. The notion that Tijuana dentists are inferior to or have equipment which is inferior to their USA counterparts is patently false. Quite the contrary, they are generally far ahead of the holistic curve compared to U.S. dentists.

Do not have dental work done again until you have read Tooth Truth by Dr Frank Jerome from cover to cover. You can also obtain the printed book from amazon.com for as low as $1.55 + $4.99 shipping as used or new for $40. This is the most valuable book in print on the terrible health injustice inflicted on dental patients in this country by a self-serving, out-of-touch, wilfully ignorant, and arrogant ('we know everything') dental bureaucracy. Knowledge is power. When you have the facts, you are in the driver's seat. Get in the driver's seat and stay there.

Final thought: the worst thing you can do to destroy your health is to have a root canal. A root canaled tooth is a DEAD tooth. The dentin tubules that make up the bulk of the body of the tooth are lined with living cells that become dead cells after you cut off the blood supply with root canal. These dead cells then become a source of food for bateria which now take up residence and proliferate in your dentin tubules and spew out toxins as waste products that enter into your body and produce disease in the organ system that is connected to that particular tooth (every tooth in your mouth is connected to a specific organ system in the body) or in areas that are physically close to the source of the infection, such as the brain....Ken Adachi
Appreciate this info shared, thank you. :hattip

schultz

Emax contains lithium for example, and possibly other impurities.

Ray seems to talk favourably about lithium in this newsletters. Just thought I'd correct myself as I was under the impression it had negative effects (which it still may, but may also have some positive effects as well).

"In the peiodic table of the elements, lithium is immediately above sodium, meaning that it has the chemical properties of sodium, but with a smaller atomic radius, which makes its electrical charge more intense. Its physiological effects are so close to sodium’s that we can get clues to sodium’s actions by watching what lithium does.

Chronic consumption of lithium blocks the release of adrenalin from the adrenal glands, and it also has extensive antiserotonin effects, inhibiting its release from some sites, and blocking its actions at others.

Lithium forms a complex with the ammonia molecule, and since the ammonia molecule mimics the effects of serotonin, especially in fatigue, this could be involved in lithium’s antiserotonergic effects. Ammonia, like serotonin, impairs mitochondrial energy production (at a minimum, it uses energy in being converted to urea), so anti-ammonia, anti-serotonin agents make more energy available for adaptation. Lithium has been demonstrated to restore the energy metabolism of mitochondria (Gulidova, 1977)."

TMCMac

Hey is there any dental clinic in particular you recommend in Tijuana? I need to get some fillings and get the mercury amalgams removed.

RealNeat

I think eugenol and zinc filling is something to consider. Plus in a grid down situation you can even do it yourself.

michael94

Whatever dental work you plan to have done it's always worth listening to Mark Manhart from the Calcium Therapy Institute

This is from his latest group of videos on youtube

RealNeat

Whatever dental work you plan to have done it's always worth listening to Mark Manhart from the Calcium Therapy Institute

This is from his latest group of videos on youtube

He's making me want to stuff my mouth with calcium carbonate. Like the cinnamon challenge, but with calcium. Good info, if it really works.

michael94

He's making me want to stuff my mouth with calcium carbonate. Like the cinnamon challenge, but with calcium. Good info, if it really works.
They sell stuff on their website that is for it. Not expensive

schultz

I think eugenol and zinc filling is something to consider. Plus in a grid down situation you can even do it yourself.

I wonder if this type of filling, which I feel like might be as strong as a typical GIC, would work well for a class I filling? But maybe not some of the other types that have a lot more sheer force put on them

RealNeat

I wonder if this type of filling, which I feel like might be as strong as a typical GIC, would work well for a class I filling? But maybe not some of the other types that have a lot more sheer force put on them
That stuff seems to have strontium, never heard of it. Sounds like a mix between SDF and Eugenol/Zinc paste. I haven't heard the distinction being made for different classes of carries and it's efficacy.

schultz

That stuff seems to have strontium, never heard of it. Sounds like a mix between SDF and Eugenol/Zinc paste. I haven't heard the distinction being made for different classes of carries and it's efficacy.

There are different formulations for the GIC's, but they aren't considered long lasting fillings. Although I think they can take up calcium and fluoride, like dentin, and have some other effects depending on the specific ingredients. The eugenol/zinc paste seems very safe though.

A class I cavity is like a hole in the middle of your molar. There is only downward force being put on this type of filling and it is surrounded by tooth so it's pretty strong. If you move that cavity to the side of the tooth so that it's exposed on the side and the top as well then chewing something hard or tough could cause it to loosen. They have a specific way they drill the tooth out for this type of filling (which I think is a class II) to back it up. Like a 45 degree angle wouldn't be strong, but if you produce a flat spot, or a few steps, it's stronger because the force is directed towards the bottom instead of to the side. With the GIC they like to put an initial filling on the bottom for a class II, then top it off with a GIC so that there is a stronger base (the base would be composite I guess?) There are also resin modified GIC's which are a bit stronger.

When I was researching these things studies made it clear that composite fillings really don't last that long. Like an average of 8 years or something, which I find annoying. And apparently leaking is quite normal so that stuff can get under the filling. It was really irritating when my filling fell out (I think I was eating beef jerky......) although I think I had it for like 12 years so it lasted longer than average. But this is why I want a gold filling, so that they stay in for 25-35 years.

Back
Top Bottom