I think I may have finally fixed my digestion

miquelangeles

It did in the beginning, but now its about the same as baseline.

I have only tried TUDCA which is a part of ox bile IIRC and that actually slowed down my digestion, but had benefits in other areas .
Did it help with constipation for you ?

I think my glycogen storage is too bad for ling times of bright light . I get hypoglycemic very quickly from it.
I've experimented with ox bile for many years but I was taking it with heavier meals only.
It would make me feel good but was constipating and that's why I haven't used it consistently.
In the last year my digestion improved after a couple rounds of antibiotics taken for other reasons (an infected wound for which I took Augmentin last summer and recently I had covid and took clarithromycin for 4 days). Clarithromycin is able to penetrate deep into soft tissues so it might have fixed some chronic dysbiosis, although my gut health was quite decent prior to that too.
After covid I started having more pale stools so I started taking ox bile as well as OTC dehydrocholic acid consistently, that is 3 times a day.
I am alternating or combining two brands of ox bile and the dehydrocholic acid. I was only able to find 3 brands of ox bile locally and there seems to be differences between them. I persisted and after 2 or 3 days the constipation went away and things actually improved better than before.
My glycogen storage is also suboptimal. I would still try the incandescent light. It does cause a bit of agitation and skin redness on the first couple of days but then you will adapt and the nervous system will start to work better and faster, improving everything from mental process to digestion and excretion.

Mauritio

I've experimented with ox bile for many years but I was taking it with heavier meals only.
It would make me feel good but was constipating and that's why I haven't used it consistently.
In the last year my digestion improved after a couple rounds of antibiotics taken for other reasons (an infected wound for which I took Augmentin last summer and recently I had covid and took clarithromycin for 4 days). Clarithromycin is able to penetrate deep into soft tissues so it might have fixed some chronic dysbiosis, although my gut health was quite decent prior to that too.
After covid I started having more pale stools so I started taking ox bile as well as OTC dehydrocholic acid consistently, that is 3 times a day.
I am alternating or combining two brands of ox bile and the dehydrocholic acid. I was only able to find 3 brands of ox bile locally and there seems to be differences between them. I persisted and after 2 or 3 days the constipation went away and things actually improved better than before.
My glycogen storage is also suboptimal. I would still try the incandescent light. It does cause a bit of agitation and skin redness on the first couple of days but then you will adapt and the nervous system will start to work better and faster, improving everything from mental process to digestion and excretion.
Cool, I might try the ox bile in the future!

Always wanted to try one of the -mycins, actually ordered erythromycin from a russian pharmacy after I saw that it can reduce testosterone-degrading bacteria.
@Hans made a great video on that.
I'm trying 7 keto-DHEA + k2-mk7 atm and it increases thermogenesis-ptotein in the liver a lots so I'm I'm that helps with liver health.

View: https://youtu.be/gyRK4c7GNww

InChristAlone

I have only tried TUDCA which is a part of ox bile IIRC and that actually slowed down my digestion, but had benefits in other areas .

I think my glycogen storage is too bad for ling times of bright light . I get hypoglycemic very quickly from it.
Light uses up B vitamins.

Korven

Do you think you’ll need to keep taking the undeclyenic acid as maintenance? I notice similar but less potent relief from fresh turmeric tea, so I wonder if I would benefit from a stronger antifungal.

I wonder if a liquid solution like the ones sold for topical use could be safely used orally in carrot salad or placed in capsules? That might be more economical.

This one seems to have food grade ingredients.

Toelieva Antifungal with Maximum Undecylenic Acid Fights Fungus Under/Around Toenails – 2 oz.
Amazon product ASIN B07R439TFZView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R439TFZ/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_a_BJ7C0P90763R8PD3R1Q8?psc=1

Ingredients :

USP Undecylenic Acid 25%, Organic Cold-Pressed Olive Oil, and Grapefruit Seed Extract

I'm not really sure. I've been taking 2-3 pills daily which is 100-150 mg undecylenic acid. I don't know how much truth there is to it but the "candida cleansing people" claim that you should keep taking Thorne SF722 for at least 2 months.

My bacne since many years is gone so that is awesome, even when eating lots of triggering foods like gluten, eggs, and dairy.

Those ingredients look safe to me, but you would have to careful to not ingest too much as it can cause some serious die-off reactions! I would probably start with no more than 50-100 mg per day.

Vins7

What could be the cause of bad glycogen storage?

Mauritio

golder

Assuming you’re in the process of fixing digestive issues, other than eating a Peat inspired diet, what are the best ways of improving liver function?

Nebula

I'm not really sure. I've been taking 2-3 pills daily which is 100-150 mg undecylenic acid. I don't know how much truth there is to it but the "candida cleansing people" claim that you should keep taking Thorne SF722 for at least 2 months.

My bacne since many years is gone so that is awesome, even when eating lots of triggering foods like gluten, eggs, and dairy.

Those ingredients look safe to me, but you would have to careful to not ingest too much as it can cause some serious die-off reactions! I would probably start with no more than 50-100 mg per day.
I’ve almost gone through the whole bottle. It’s definitely doing some positive things. My scalp, tongue, gut, overall whole skin and body seem to be clearing of inflammation caused by pathogenic biofilm. I’ve also been taking a little penicillin along with a carrot salad lately, which has been synergistic I think.

I’m going to try Swanson’s calcium undecylenate next. It’s a lot cheaper and apparently works by targeting the lower digestive tract more. I found the most effect from the Thorne product taking the pills with a meal. So I wonder if it’s the transport through the whole colon to disrupt bio films that makes it effective, not absorbing in the upper intestine.

OP
D

dogtrainer

Checking in because I said I would. I’m still doing a lot better. Quality of life has jumped from a 2-3 to a 7-8 most days. I have appetite 3x a day and I can eat several more things that I wouldn’t have dreamed of before like:

Nuts
Squash
Garlic
Onion
Avocado
Leafy greens
Snow peas
Papaya
Pineapple
Mango
Orange juice
All spices except hot peppers

I have had some bad days with bloating but, there were just a few. And then they passed.

Some observations:

-Just washing dry MSM down your throat doesn’t work. I have to dissolve it in warm water, then add the slippery elm bark to that. This is what I was doing differently during the bad days I’ve had over the past month. I was knocking back a tablespoon of MSM flakes and chasing with OJ.

-I’m insanely flexible now and I have fewer aches and pains. I can almost do the splits, haha. Side effect of the MSM most likely.

-I still need to get enough minerals, especially potassium & magnesium. If I don’t get enough I feel spacey and my digestion doesn’t run as well. The difference between now and my “dark days” is that a strong dose of whole food potassium will reliably get things moving when before, it rarely did.

-mint, ginger, licorice...all these things work great now. No more taking 20 ginger capsules. I take maybe 1-2 and it does it’s job. Amazing!

Korven

I’ve almost gone through the whole bottle. It’s definitely doing some positive things. My scalp, tongue, gut, overall whole skin and body seem to be clearing of inflammation caused by pathogenic biofilm. I’ve also been taking a little penicillin along with a carrot salad lately, which has been synergistic I think.

I’m going to try Swanson’s calcium undecylenate next. It’s a lot cheaper and apparently works by targeting the lower digestive tract more. I found the most effect from the Thorne product taking the pills with a meal. So I wonder if it’s the transport through the whole colon to disrupt bio films that makes it effective, not absorbing in the upper intestine.

I also noticed something similar with biofilms dissolving (snake shedding skin effect) on my face. And bacne clearing up permanently. Malassezia and Staph live together in biofilms in SD and kicking out the malassezia with undecylenic acid should help reset the skin microbiota and make it a little more favourable... perhaps :crazy:

Mauritio

Interesting im taking swansons brand . So let me know if you notice any difference between those two.

Nebula

Interesting im taking swansons brand . So let me know if you notice any difference between those two.
The Swanson undecylenic acid seems to give me some fairly severe anxiety, tightness in my chest and disrupts sleep. I’m not sure why but I can’t handle even one pill a day anymore or if it’s even having the same effect that the Thorne formula does. I wonder if it’s the HCL iirritating my gut somehow. What’s been your experience so far?

Mauritio

The Swanson undecylenic acid seems to give me some fairly severe anxiety, tightness in my chest and disrupts sleep. I’m not sure why but I can’t handle even one pill a day anymore or if it’s even having the same effect that the Thorne formula does. I wonder if it’s the HCL iirritating my gut somehow. What’s been your experience so far?
Oh wow interesting. Good to know that they have so different effects.
I had a similar experience the first time I tried it. In the first 2 days or so it gave me anxiety, later not . But I thought it increased constipation ,so I stopped.
Now the second time around I have decreased the dosage a lot, I take 150mg of the powder insisde the pill . I have no anxiety anymore, but I got diarrhea on and off for the first week, which seems to have stopped now. I think there's some detoxing going on, so I'm going low and slow and only increase the dosage when I havent had any side effects for a few days.
Overall I think it gives me more energy and motivation to do things and it definitely has an androgenic effect on me. My skin and hair also look a bit softer.

Nebula

Oh wow interesting. Good to know that they have so different effects.
I had a similar experience the first time I tried it. In the first 2 days or so it gave me anxiety, later not . But I thought it increased constipation ,so I stopped.
Now the second time around I have decreased the dosage a lot, I take 150mg of the powder insisde the pill . I have no anxiety anymore, but I got diarrhea on and off for the first week, which seems to have stopped now. I think there's some detoxing going on, so I'm going low and slow and only increase the dosage when I havent had any side effects for a few days.
Overall I think it gives me more energy and motivation to do things and it definitely has an androgenic effect on me. My skin and hair also look a bit softer.
I’ll give that a try. Swanson claims their pills resist digestion and the HCl and calcium undecylenate are supposed to reach the large intestine before reacting. Maybe this is a poor formula choice since the hcl could be very irritating and if absorbed in the intestine. So taking the powder with a meal might allow the calcium undecylenate to break down into undecylenic acid already in the stomach and be carried throughout the digestive tract similar to how the Thorne formula does.

Mauritio

I’ll give that a try. Swanson claims their pills resist digestion and the HCl and calcium undecylenate are supposed to reach the large intestine before reacting. Maybe this is a poor formula choice since the hcl could be very irritating and if absorbed in the intestine. So taking the powder with a meal might allow the calcium undecylenate to break down into undecylenic acid already in the stomach and be carried throughout the digestive tract similar to how the Thorne formula does.
Yes or you just took too much. That seems to have been the case for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals