I think i have salmonella from raw milk

andrew81

Im never drinking it again . I have nausea , stomach pain /cramps , diarrhea, vomit and fever too i think .

This is just a reminder to cook your food .

Don't give up so easy. Your first food in life was raw milk. Try maybe raw yogurt if you can find it or just start with a sip of milk.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I always heat mine right before consumption. The chance of milk contamination from farm to my door is quite high in my opinion.

Yonebayashian

The salmonella stuff is a meme. Anytime your body goes through too radical of a shift in gut biome you'll have a bacterial flare up and your body takes advantage of this state to detox as you get diahrea. Or you simply weren't able to digest the lactose which also could have cause a bacterial flare up... The benefits of raw milk are many and you've already gone through the painful part of adaptation. My advice is to use this time as a period of healing and letting go. By the end of it you'll notice greater mental lucidity and a strange refreshment.

OP
A

andrew81

The salmonella stuff is a meme. Anytime your body goes through too radical of a shift in gut biome you'll have a bacterial flare up and your body takes advantage of this state to detox as you get diahrea. Or you simply weren't able to digest the lactose which also could have cause a bacterial flare up... The benefits of raw milk are many and you've already gone through the painful part of adaptation. My advice is to use this time as a period of healing and letting go. By the end of it you'll notice greater mental lucidity and a strange refreshment.
Good explanation , thank you , i was building tolerance to lactose and it was going well to be honest until now . I was drinking half liter a day and it gave me some occasional farts , nothing else , it s only yesterday i had extreme diarrhea and flatulence which made me think something isnt right but i didnt think much of it .
I also ate a raw yolk 2 days ago but it s the first one i ate in 2 years so i dont think that s it .

Right now im even vomiting bile and the water/tea im drinking and the furazolidon too , if tomorrow it doesnt stop im going to the hospital

DeadCatBounce

Have eaten more than 10,000 raw eggs and me and my SO had more than 2000+ liters of raw milk in the past few years. The only time there was an issue was in the very beginning when I had diarrhea for 5 days straight and felt like poisoned. Didnt take any antibiotics though. I just let it pass.

I think this was the gut changing completely the way it works. Never had a single stomach issue afterwards. As if it does not exist. no gas , zero bloat etc . Only on rare occasions when I eat one of the few allergens that do not agree with me. Now I can eat spoiled milk and other old stuff with no issues. Kind of weird as I had a very sensitive stomach prior to this experience and was constantly aware of it working.

This does not mean the milk or eggs you had were not bad in a way. But even if they were - its not the bacteria but the toxins inside IF the animals were sick or the product was too old. I think the chance is higher the body is now adapting. The symptoms of "disease" are usually the cure. Diarrhea, fever and vomiting are detox mechanisms.

Last edited:

ursidae

some people have low IgA and hypochlorhydria. If you're one of those people, consumption of raw animal foods might endanger you

Gânico

I chug a gallon+ of raw milk a day plus raw meat with no issues, either your source sucks or you can't handle the native bacterial flora of the milk.

ChiroGuru

I drink about 7-10 liters of raw milk a week. On top of this round about 30 raw eggs. Never had any problems.

OP
A

andrew81

You don’t have salmonella, relax.
Was this your first time drinking raw milk?
I been drinking since years but not much , i started drinking it everyday 3 weeks ago because it s cheap
I chug a gallon+ of raw milk a day plus raw meat with no issues, either your source sucks or you can't handle the native bacterial flora of the milk.
It s from a local farm , i even pet the cows sonetimes lol , however recently i forgot to put it in fridge so i drank it warm
some people have low IgA and hypochlorhydria. If you're one of those people, consumption of raw animal foods might endanger you
Damn can you elaborate further , my family eats a lot of animal food in fact my grandpa owned many sheeps .
Have eaten more than 10,000 raw eggs and me and my SO had more than 2000+ liters of raw milk in the past few years. The only time there was an issue was in the very beginning when I had diarrhea for 5 days straight and felt like poisoned. Didnt take any antibiotics though. I just let it pass.

I think this was the gut changing completely the way it works. Never had a single stomach issue afterwards. As if it does not exist. no gas , zero bloat etc . Only on rare occasions when I eat one of the few allergens that do not agree with me. Now I can eat spoiled milk and other old stuff with no issues. Kind of weird as I had a very sensitive stomach prior to this experience and was constantly aware of it working.

This does not mean the milk or eggs you had were not bad in a way. But even if they were - its not the bacteria but the toxins inside IF the animals were sick or the product was too old. I think the chance is higher the body is now adapting. The symptoms of "disease" are usually the cure. Diarrhea, fever and vomiting are detox mechanisms.
Interesting thank you

Im getting watermelon , melon , bananas , popsicles and crackers to eat tomorrow since the vomiting stopped.

It is really too bad you got sick, but the fact is it could have been from many things. It sounds like a good source so I hope you keep drinking, although I understand psychologically it could mess with you a little. Try to drink less and build up. Like many here I have had over a gallon a day for extended periods and try to drink 36 raw egg yolks a day so it is definitely possible with a healthy/adapted body and a good source. Best wishes.

OP
A

andrew81

It is really too bad you got sick, but the fact is it could have been from many things. It sounds like a good source so I hope you keep drinking, although I understand psychologically it could mess with you a little. Try to drink less and build up. Like many here I have had over a gallon a day for extended periods and try to drink 36 raw egg yolks a day so it is definitely possible with a healthy/adapted body and a good source. Best wishes.
Thank you , i might keep drinking that local milk but not raw , today was a pain and i couldnt workout nor study , i wasted time doing nothing and reading, so i want to avoid a similar experience in the future .

Yonebayashian

Good explanation , thank you , i was building tolerance to lactose and it was going well to be honest until now . I was drinking half liter a day and it gave me some occasional farts , nothing else , it s only yesterday i had extreme diarrhea and flatulence which made me think something isnt right but i didnt think much of it .
I also ate a raw yolk 2 days ago but it s the first one i ate in 2 years so i dont think that s it .

Right now im even vomiting bile and the water/tea im drinking and the furazolidon too , if tomorrow it doesnt stop im going to the hospital
Consume activated charcoal (hardwood) and it will vastly speed up the end of the detox.

Samya

I think it's a possibility that the milk was contaminated. I know someone who's been living on a roughly 90% milk diet for over 10 years, for a while he was drinking raw milk then felt he got sick from it once. He was definitely lactose tolerant and was probably as 'detoxed' as you can get from milk by that point.

It's not as common as it was as we don't have unregulated distillery dairies anymore and have standards farms need to abide by but the pasteurisation of milk began for legitimate safety reasons.