I Think I Cured My Histamine Intolerance

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Do y’all think this is something that would be helpful for someone who has taken antihistamines daily for years?

Momentum

Yeh the wakefulness effect of histidine can do that. I guess the best thing would be to take it earlier. Did you take it with zinc at that time?

Not necessarily. High copper, low zinc diet can do it. Also protein intake can easily be skewed towards methionine and histidine can be lower. Chicken, eggs, dairy (except certain cheeses), are generally higher in methionine than histidine for example. Red meat is skewed towards histidine. Methionine, and calcium salts are used in histadelics to reduce histamine.

But the biggest thing is supposedly copper toxicity and excessive vitamin C. If copper is too high, it will constantly break down histamine as soon as its made from histidine. Then the body will try to make more and more histamine to maintain a normal level as it is constantly lost. So you end up with low histidine and low histamine. Low histidine can lead to anemia, low stomach acid, nerve issues, poor utilization of essential minerals... etc.
Fascinating thread. Will definitely try some zinc.

Do y’all think this is something that would be helpful for someone who has taken antihistamines daily for years?

I can't speak for years, but I had been taking chlorpheniramine maleate for about 6 months when I tried a bottle of this exact brand. I noticed nothing positive or negative.

But the biggest thing is supposedly copper toxicity and excessive vitamin C. If copper is too high, it will constantly break down histamine as soon as its made from histidine. Then the body will try to make more and more histamine to maintain a normal level as it is constantly lost. So you end up with low histidine and low histamine. Low histidine can lead to anemia, low stomach acid, nerve issues, poor utilization of essential minerals... etc.

Perhaps this explains my situation. I can't speak for Vitamin C status, but my

Free Copper(<25%) percentage was tested at 34%

Cerruloplasmin(16-45) 19,6 mg/dL

Copper, Serum(70-110) 89 ug/dL

Plasma Zinc (91-130) 107 ug/dL

Whole Blood Histamine(40-70) 44 ng/mL

Transferrin Saturation(15-50%) 47%

Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy(32-100) 39.3 ng/mL

Hydroxyhemopyrrolin-2-one(1-10) 22.17 mcg/dL

My whole blood histamine is low, yet I seem to suffer from excess histamine.

redsun

Perhaps this explains my situation. I can't speak for Vitamin C status, but my

Free Copper(<25%) percentage was tested at 34%

Cerruloplasmin(16-45) 19,6 mg/dL

Copper, Serum(70-110) 89 ug/dL

Plasma Zinc (91-130) 107 ug/dL

Whole Blood Histamine(40-70) 44 ng/mL

Transferrin Saturation(15-50%) 47%

Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy(32-100) 39.3 ng/mL

Hydroxyhemopyrrolin-2-one(1-10) 22.17 mcg/dL

My whole blood histamine is low, yet I seem to suffer from excess histamine.

Low histamine will actually make your histamine receptors more sensitive, so any little thing that triggers histamine release will set you off. Raising histamine would actually reduce symptoms as receptors would become less sensitive.

skin redness/flushing from certain allergenic foods and sinus problems were my histamine issues. it started working pretty much immediately, but I am on my second bottle and I only take 1-2 and not even everyday. (6 is a dosage). so I have probably been taking it like 3 months off and on. It works for me
Thanks for sharing the info about this, @hiconscience . If you wouldn't mind elaborating, what were your sinus problems like? My main issue is nasal congestion (not mucousy) so I was wondering if you experienced relief from that as well.

Kray

So I have had histamine issues for a little while now in my life.
I finally found something that works. I researched and found its actually the kidneys that make a lot of your DAO enzyme. (what breaks down histamine)
since I started taking this:
View attachment 15928
pretty much all my symptoms are gone. I am sure any brand of kidney glandular would work.
Hi- are you still taking kidney, or need to? Would love to hear how you're doing. I just ordered some for histamine issues. Thank you in advance.

Momentum

I was taking kidney, but my iron started climbing :-(
I was taking the brand in the attachment.

YourUniverse

@Blossom , I and someone I know benefit from daily antihistamines, have you found extra kidney or kidney support to have fixed this?

Lately supporting the kidneys seems extremely important. I do feel better eating more alkaline minerals, with a bit of "cardio". This is what @Jennifer mentioned Dr. Morse recommended, more or less (specifically fruitarian).

Thanks @Amarsh213 for bringing up pral.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
and someone I know benefit from daily antihistamines, have you found extra kidney or kidney support to have fixed this?
I haven’t tried anything specific to help my kidneys besides eating low oxalate which I don’t think everyone needs to do. It makes sense that supporting the kidneys would be helpful.

Kray

@Blossom , I and someone I know benefit from daily antihistamines, have you found extra kidney or kidney support to have fixed this?

Lately supporting the kidneys seems extremely important. I do feel better eating more alkaline minerals, with a bit of "cardio". This is what @Jennifer mentioned Dr. Morse recommended, more or less (specifically fruitarian).

Has anyone here tried, or studied up, on DAO enzyme? That is a key ingredient in kidney glandulars for histamine tolerance. I thought i would try that route. Seeking Health, for one, makes a DAO supplement, called Histamine Block. There are a few others at a quick glance, but that one had few additives. I was considering going the route of 5-LOX, but rather than blocking histamine, it appears DAO breaks down histamine which seems a more natural function.

I do get some kidney in liverwurst, once every week or so.

The other option might be to super-charge the kidneys with an occasional cleanse. I've never done it that way, only out of necessity for acute situations, but this is a brand I have found reliable; some people take it as maintenance, perhaps at a lower dose, then cycle off. Many other similar brands.

Any experiences or information would be appreciated, thank you.

Jennifer

Has anyone here tried, or studied up, on DAO enzyme?

I looked into it, back when I was having what seemed to be severe allergy related symptoms. There's a test that can determine if you are deficient in the enzyme.

Kray

I looked into it, back when I was having what seemed to be severe allergy related symptoms. There's a test that can determine if you are deficient in the enzyme.
Do you know if it's ok to take it if you don't know about deficiency? btw- what course did you take with your situation that was helpful?

Jennifer

@Kray, yes, I read that it's safe to supplement even when there isn't a deficiency. I developed a pretty severe oral allergy by overconsuming (kilos daily) fruit for years and after doing a mono diet of raw milk for a month, I reintroduced fruit in small amounts and haven't had a reaction since.

Kray

Do you know if it's ok to take it if you don't know about deficiency?

@Kray, yes, I read that it's safe to supplement even when there isn't a deficiency. I developed a pretty severe oral allergy by overconsuming (kilos daily) fruit for years and after doing a mono diet of raw milk for a month, I reintroduced fruit in small amounts and haven't had a reaction since.
Thank you for your response.
For those of you interested in learning more about histamine and DAO, someone recommended this book to me, which I have just ordered.
Amazon product ASIN 1912798263View: https://www.amazon.com/Histamine-Intolerance-Essential-Clinically-Proven-Sensitivity/dp/1912798263/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1LFHEZ4PZ0ZFP&keywords=histamine+intolerance+book&qid=1652215944&s=books&sprefix=histamine+intolerance%2Cstripbooks%2C116&sr=1-5
An interview

D

Deleted member 5487

Every time I veer away from PRAL I come back to it and it reinforces itself.

Rights now due to being lazy I drink V8 low sodium and other low sodium veggies juice blends. Away from protein meals is best and it does wonder for cortisol by alkalinizing and providing plenty of Bicarbonate buffer.