I Think I Cured My Histamine Intolerance

hiconscience

So I have had histamine issues for a little while now in my life.
I finally found something that works. I researched and found its actually the kidneys that make a lot of your DAO enzyme. (what breaks down histamine)
since I started taking this:
upload_2019-12-13_16-6-48.png
pretty much all my symptoms are gone. I am sure any brand of kidney glandular would work.

OP
hiconscience

hiconscience

skin redness/flushing from certain allergenic foods and sinus problems were my histamine issues. it started working pretty much immediately, but I am on my second bottle and I only take 1-2 and not even everyday. (6 is a dosage). so I have probably been taking it like 3 months off and on. It works for me

NathanK

skin redness/flushing from certain allergenic foods and sinus problems were my histamine issues. it started working pretty much immediately, but I am on my second bottle and I only take 1-2 and not even everyday. (6 is a dosage). so I have probably been taking it like 3 months off and on. It works for me

interesting. Where do you buy? Worth a shot until I can fix the root of the issues in my gut

OP
hiconscience

hiconscience

the one in the picture Ancestral supplements. its pricey, but grass fed.

Momentum

So I have had histamine issues for a little while now in my life.
I finally found something that works. I researched and found its actually the kidneys that make a lot of your DAO enzyme. (what breaks down histamine)
since I started taking this:
View attachment 15928
pretty much all my symptoms are gone. I am sure any brand of kidney glandular would work.

That's awesome! Have you also tried Quercitin? I have, several different formation and so far, no luck. My MCAS has been pretty bad the last six months that I've resorted to Zyrtec and Zantac or Pepsid. :-(
Parasym Plus has helped a lot with gut issues, but not with Rudoph red nose and cheeks.
Is the product you bought out of New Zealand. I believe it's the only place w/o mad cow disease.

Tarmander

I tried these kidney pills for awhile...did not really notice much from allergies...or anything at all really. May take another look

redsun

I tried these kidney pills for awhile...did not really notice much from allergies...or anything at all really. May take another look

Ironically I have seen reviews of people taking histidine to reduce allergies. But in truth it makes a lot of sense, you take histidine and make more histamine and histamine receptors will become less sensitive. Super low histamine will have very sensitive receptors. Histidine does deplete zinc though so if you do plan on taking it you should be aware of that.

Aymen

histamine intolerance, i know the bad symptoms of it, redness and dandruff and maybe flushing under stress, redness that stays for days, well topical caffeine can be a remedy for the symptoms.

Tarmander

Ironically I have seen reviews of people taking histidine to reduce allergies. But in truth it makes a lot of sense, you take histidine and make more histamine and histamine receptors will become less sensitive. Super low histamine will have very sensitive receptors. Histidine does deplete zinc though so if you do plan on taking it you should be aware of that.
histidine is really interesting. It chelates heavy metals as well correct? I tried that too at one point. I remember it really helped with wakefulness and alertness although it impacted sleep negatively.

lampofred

I think taking histidine would shift everything in the opposite direction of good health. I don't mean that in an over-dramatic way, RP wrote histamine is a very fundamental signal, so increasing it would adversely affect every system in synchrony.

lampofred

Also to OP I think RP wrote that many kidney/histamine issues stem from low calcium/vitamin D, so getting more of those nutrients and less phosphate/iron might make kidney glandular unnecessary.

Last edited:

redsun

histidine is really interesting. It chelates heavy metals as well correct? I tried that too at one point. I remember it really helped with wakefulness and alertness although it impacted sleep negatively.

Yes I have read about its relationship with metals. It is also needed to utilize minerals like copper, iron, zinc etc.

You mean it made it harder to fall asleep? Or you sleep less in general, or you felt less rested? If you just slept less its not necessarily bad. I think if you took histidine without zinc then that alone could be a cause for worsened sleep because you would deplete zinc.
I think taking histidine would shift everything in the opposite direction of good health. I don't mean that in an over-dramatic way, RP wrote histamine is a very fundamental signal, so increasing it would adversely affect every system in synchrony.

Well histamine isn't automatically bad which I expect you will disagree anyway but it depends on the individual's own histamine levels. If someone has very low histamine it needs to be raised. If it is incredibly high it should be normalized.

Not too mention, histidine isn't only used for making histamine. It has many other crucial roles in the body.

Tarmander

You mean it made it harder to fall asleep? Or you sleep less in general, or you felt less rested? If you just slept less its not necessarily bad. I think if you took histidine without zinc then that alone could be a cause for worsened sleep because you would deplete zinc.
made it really hard to fall asleep

lampofred

Well histamine isn't automatically bad which I expect you will disagree anyway but it depends on the individual's own histamine levels. If someone has very low histamine it needs to be raised. If it is incredibly high it should be normalized.

Not too mention, histidine isn't only used for making histamine. It has many other crucial roles in the body.

This is just me guessing, not supported by RP, but if someone is low histamine then I would guess he/she is protein-starved in general and not deficient in histamine specifically. But as you said, everyone is different and each situation is unique.

redsun

made it really hard to fall asleep

Yeh the wakefulness effect of histidine can do that. I guess the best thing would be to take it earlier. Did you take it with zinc at that time?

This is just me guessing, not supported by RP, but if someone is low histamine then I would guess he/she is protein-starved in general and not deficient in histamine specifically. But as you said, everyone is different and each situation is unique.

Not necessarily. High copper, low zinc diet can do it. Also protein intake can easily be skewed towards methionine and histidine can be lower. Chicken, eggs, dairy (except certain cheeses), are generally higher in methionine than histidine for example. Red meat is skewed towards histidine. Methionine, and calcium salts are used in histadelics to reduce histamine.

But the biggest thing is supposedly copper toxicity and excessive vitamin C. If copper is too high, it will constantly break down histamine as soon as its made from histidine. Then the body will try to make more and more histamine to maintain a normal level as it is constantly lost. So you end up with low histidine and low histamine. Low histidine can lead to anemia, low stomach acid, nerve issues, poor utilization of essential minerals... etc.